navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Little Men
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Little Men Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico

0 posted 2001-01-04 02:54 PM

NOTE: I was going to post a poem called "New Start" along with this one, but I read it.....and OMG I utterly despised it and refuse to show all of you. So today you'll all have to cry and deal with one, short poem.

Little Men:

The little men
Lost in thought.
Symbols unknown.
The life I rott.

The little men
Found again.
Drew my picture.
The soul I bend.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

© Copyright 2001 Pepe de la Muerte - All Rights Reserved
peanogrl83
since 1999-12-04
Posts 202

1 posted 2001-01-04 03:04 PM

Short, but good. Simultaenously representative of deep thought and superb writing skills. The pure genius of your work lies in the fact that it is as enjoyable for those who take it at face value as it is for those who examine it on a more reflective and analytical level.  Awesome work, as always.

Vreni

Allan Riverwood
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-01-04
Posts 3502
Winnipeg
2 posted 2001-01-04 03:14 PM

Nicely done.  Short can be a good thing, it allows impatient people to enjoy poetry too.  ^_^
Interesting.  I'm still undecided upon what the "little men" are meant to be, though.

DreamerGrl27
since 2000-10-29
Posts 142

3 posted 2001-01-04 04:09 PM

I'm not too sure what the little men represent either...but I liked the poem. It was short but good. You expressed a lot for such a short poem. Good job
Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
4 posted 2001-01-04 04:15 PM

Yup, I'm pretty much with the others.  And how did you know I was going to cry?!?

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Lakewalker
http://www.thehungersite.com

GirlsBestFriend
since 2000-12-27
Posts 71
Planet Earth
5 posted 2001-01-04 04:33 PM

u got a style. dunno why but for somereason I didn't understand everything. maybe I'm used more to longer ones? dunno  

lots of luv
< !signature-->

"Isn't it funny how to the world you are nothing? But then to one person..you're the world"

[This message has been edited by GirlsBestFriend (edited 01-04-2001).]

IsGona
since 2000-07-14
Posts 723

6 posted 2001-01-04 04:35 PM

I like what Vreni said about every one being able to enjoy your work.  This one seems like it could mean several things though.  It would be interesting to know what it meant to you

"Every body has their destiny...
I'LL CHOOSE MY OWN
~Hatebreed~

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
7 posted 2001-01-04 06:21 PM

Dopey, anything you write cannot be despiseable (is that a word?). I was a little wary of it (who wouldn't be after 'Finger Fun'?), but I read it anyway, and I'm glad I did. That is awesome!!!  
~*Rhonda

"I am Canadian" - Joe
If you set limitations upon yourself, it's no wonder you fall short of your dreams - Rhonda J. Adolph

Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada
8 posted 2001-01-04 07:45 PM

i liked it!its was kool. short poems are sometimes the best.
Regina

jeremydraul
since 2000-08-01
Posts 1118
State of Despair
9 posted 2001-01-04 09:24 PM

great style as always
Im confused along with Allan.. what does this mean?
Im sorry I didnt get it
Never the less, the poem was pretty good with the rhyming and all
great post and post everything!
best wishes

~JDR

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." -Oscar Wilde

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
10 posted 2001-01-05 10:22 PM

The much needed explanation:

The little men= symbolize my many moods and shades of thought waves that I stumble in every moment of everyday.

Lost in thought.= My many moods are intertwined with this complex mesh of issues pertaining to the symbolic meaning of life and so on.

Symbols unknown.= I think this speaks for itself but the symbols are the symbols of life, love, hate, etc....

The life I rott.= My life rotts away due to my ever probing of these symbols. My "little men" are starting to tire.

The little men= "
Found again.= The mesh is untwining and they are slowly starting to solve life's symbols.

Drew my picture.= The picture symbolizes the conclusion of what everything meant in the end. Obviously what "it" meant would be subjective seeing as how eveything is different for every other individual.

The soul I bend.= The soul bends with a new perspective at hand......it looks at the world with a new view.

ok that was it.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I admire it daily

Melster
since 2000-12-09
Posts 442
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
11 posted 2001-01-06 03:49 AM

great peice and even better knowing the behind meaning!!

Dont believe what ur eyes r telling u they only show limitation. Look with ur understanding, find out what u already know & u will see the way to fly

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
12 posted 2001-01-07 07:12 PM

Dopes --- seems like Vreni loves your work a lot  

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that get to read the explanation first before I reply    I too was a little confused with the symbosim of the so called "little men".  I'm glad to see your explanation.

You have this uncanny ability to put simple words into genius.  Same as Vreni.  Both of you are true writers

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
13 posted 2001-01-07 09:16 PM

Wow Acire, thanks pal. That was nice of you to say!

I admire it daily

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Little Men

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary