navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » understanding me
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic understanding me Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
~*~PrettyGirly~*~
since 2000-11-04
Posts 83
Fitchburg Ma Usa

0 posted 2000-12-22 06:03 PM

understanding me..

I'm not like you
you can walk run whatever you please
I'm trapped in my wheelchair
your on your own

I sometimes get angery
you get mad at me
I sometimes cry
you get mad at me

When I need help
you roll your eyes at me
you go "I guess hold on"
I go forget it

Your young trying to get your own life
while I'm trying to stop you from doing that
it's not my fault, just try understanding me.
Let me tell you about this poem;
My younger sister she's 15 she doesn't understand what's it like to be in a wheelchair. She can move all around and I have to get help if I'm not seated right.

© Copyright 2000 Minna Talviharju - All Rights Reserved
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
1 posted 2000-12-23 07:04 AM

You've expressed your feelings well in this piece. Have you been able to talk to your sister or family about this?  I'm sure that like many "younger sisters" (me being one), I had a mildy independent streak at about age 15 where I didn't want to listen to my sister or do anything she told me. I remember I grew out of it pretty quickly though ... just keep the lines of communication open!  

Best wishes,
/Kit

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

2 posted 2000-12-23 10:38 AM

This is a really difficult situation. I'm a 15 year old myself, and I think that you should share this poem with her. She probably doesn't realize how all of this makes you feel, and if she knew, she probably wouldn't contenue acting the way she does. Thanks for sharing.

"Where there is great love there are always miracles" -Cather
"Love heals everything, and love is all there is"- Zukav

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 posted 2000-12-23 11:35 PM

This must be hard for you. I hope all is well and this is just a friendly bump.
Keep up the great poetry.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Melster
since 2000-12-09
Posts 442
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
4 posted 2000-12-24 04:52 AM

She is your younger sister, they never want to do anything to help, trust me mine does the same thing though I guess you need more help than me, but sisters just don't want to do anything!!!

Dont believe what ur eyes r telling u they only show limitation. Look with ur understanding, find out what u already know & u will see the way to fly

katherine
since 2000-06-10
Posts 365
Canberra Australia
5 posted 2000-12-24 05:40 AM

You must be very brave! try and explian all this to your sister. good luck with everything, the poem was sadand really good!

katherine

~*~PrettyGirly~*~
since 2000-11-04
Posts 83
Fitchburg Ma Usa
6 posted 2000-12-24 08:59 AM

Thing's will get better sonner or later, I have another poem comming out it's called
"on being Minna" it has my challenge's, how much fun I try to have without letting my disability get in my way.  
~*~Minna~*~

A romance last forever you want it, A friendship last a life time

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
7 posted 2000-12-26 01:08 PM

Yes, things will get better.  Like Kit so wisely said, "keep the lines of communication open!"    

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Lakewalker
http://www.thehungersite.com

jeremydraul
since 2000-08-01
Posts 1118
State of Despair
8 posted 2000-12-26 01:11 PM

yes, things will become better. As for now, poetry is the best medicine!

jeremy r

"A writer doesn't acquire a vacancy of mind, but rather a inadequacy of words." - Jeremy D. Raulinaitis

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
9 posted 2000-12-29 09:44 AM

hey Minna, sorry to hear that you're in predicament like this.  Well, i guess what are sisters for.  They're only there to give you a hard time.  She's young so give her some slack too.  And i do see that you are and you're being optimistic of the future.  That's really good.  thanks for sharing this  

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » understanding me

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary