navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » ex boyfriend
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic ex boyfriend Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
cutie2005
since 2000-04-30
Posts 148
Bennett, Colorado USA

0 posted 2000-06-30 11:48 PM

I had a boyfriend, a sweet one I might add
I didn't want to say it, but it was best that I had
I called him up, and put it in the words, that I prepard two hourse before
I said that it won't work, it being summer and all
Also that we will be in two different schools next year, so it wouldn't work that good.
I did in deed tell him I still wanted to be friends
But saying that made me fill low, cuz everyone says that just to get hte point out.
To my suprise he didn't cry, I guess he wasn't such the wimp that i had in mind
He just said ok, and i just said ok, and the conversation was dead.
I said oh-well, hung up the phone and called my best friend to tell her what i had done.
I was kind of happy, but kind of sad
I had to do it though, cuz a relationship what you don't see, isn't a good realationship at all in my mind!

© Copyright 2000 Amanda - All Rights Reserved
Rockhead01
since 2000-06-26
Posts 12
Maryland, USA
1 posted 2000-07-01 12:09 PM

this is a very true poem about a whole lotta relationships that don't work out! we all know how it feels with either being on one end or the other, i know i have. i haven't read any of your other poems yet but i'm sure they'll be just as good if not better than this one! keep up the good inspirational writing!

Make Love
Not War

Ethan Halo
since 2000-04-28
Posts 793
on the roof again
2 posted 2000-07-01 01:44 AM

you are very right. trying to maintain a relationship when neither of you are seeing each other is a true test. and you're also right in saying that you gotta fold your hand if you know your cards ain't gonna win. you're just lucky you had someone on the other end that understood that as well.

well penned.

We all got our demons.
We all got somethin' to atone for.

Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
3 posted 2000-07-01 03:04 AM

this got my vote i liked it alot. and all parts of it are true because if you don't see that person you kind of grow apart from one another and thats not a good thing. thanks for posting this enjoyed it much.

I'm a dying romantic and when i can no longer write i can no longer live -Jeremiah Johnson-

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
4 posted 2000-07-01 02:26 PM

well this is a good poem...but you know it was better to break up instead of dragging him along only to get heartbroken...but why did you break up with him???cuz it was summer...i know someone like that and she hurts these guys...just make sure someone doenst do that to you...

~IF YOU WANT SOMETHING VERY BADLY~SET IT FREE~IF IT COMES BACK TO YOU~ITS YOURS FOREVER~IF IT DOESNT IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH~

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
5 posted 2007-11-22 12:26 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » ex boyfriend

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary