navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » She Wanders(please respond)
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic She Wanders(please respond) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

0 posted 2000-06-30 08:15 PM

She Wanders

Lost and Confused
She wanders through the dark alone
Alone but not scared
For this darkness is her life

How she wishes she were pretty
How she longs for it so much
How she wishes she were thinner
How sometimes her wishes are so close she can almost touch

She cries at night
When no one can see her
Alone in the dark
The darkness just a blurr

How she takes the smallest things someone says wrong
How she waits for their insults only so long
She can't let go
She's scared to fall
How she wishes she could only look like that girl, in the poster on the wall

Where is her self worth?
Where is her self esteem?
She doesn't listen to the others
Their begs, their pleads
Just their thoughts and their voices
These she does heed

She wants it so much
Only to be pretty like them
Envies the models
They seem so slim

So lost and confused she wanders
Through her world of darkness,
That is her life
Is beauty, she wonders, the light?

You'll have to excuse this one, I know it's not good becuase I re-read it.  But I wrote it in about 5 minutes, so I guess that explains it.  I know it's not good, but I decided to post it anyway, so lemme know what you think, please.  Thanks
Bel

© Copyright 2000 Isabel Galaxia - All Rights Reserved
LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

1 posted 2000-06-30 08:19 PM

Beauty isn't blonde hair
Or being tall and thin
The true beauty and light
Shines from deep within

I hope that you can see that, my friend.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." -Oscar Wilde
"The robbed that smiles steals something from the thief" -Shakespea

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
2 posted 2000-06-30 09:20 PM

Hey girl! I know all too well how you feel! I'm sorry that you feel this way. But in talking to you, I have found that you are a very interesting person and I know that you are truly beautiful inside just by reading your writing! You have a restless soul and you need to get over this eating disorder because it's not you! It's an evil force--misconception that thinness is the way to go--that eats at you and forces you to feel the way you do. Take that restless soul of yours and use the power you have to tell yourself otherwise! I'm here to help and I will help you with every step of the way!! Keep your head up girl I'm here!! Love Always~*~JeSsIcA~*~

~*~Love is the product of our dicontentment with ourselves~*~
~*~SMILE! It makes your butt shine!~*~

Ethan Halo
since 2000-04-28
Posts 793
on the roof again
3 posted 2000-07-01 02:32 AM

it is my sincere hope that this isawork of fiction. no one should have to feel such disappointment in themselves. i mean, sure other people can point it out all the time (they always do with me!), but you've gotta have some sense of self-worth. you gotta know that there is something in side of ya that no one else has. if someone else had it, you wouldn't be here, right? sure there's lots of them, but know that there is only one of you. and it's gotta last you a while. be proud, kiddo. and be strong.

We all got our demons.
We all got somethin' to atone for.

Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
4 posted 2000-07-01 02:40 AM

what are you talking about ths is a great read well at least i enjoyed it and hey it is the true beauty that lies within that counts. maybe if you read a poem of mine called"beauty" it will explain a little more.

I'm a dying romantic and when i can no longer write i can no longer live -Jeremiah Johnson-

Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A
5 posted 2000-07-01 04:08 AM

First of all, do me a favor...never sell yourself short on your writing again.  I've told others that and now you.  Anyways...I actually have the exact opposite situation as you.  Well, kind of kitty corner actaully, but I do know the same shade of darkness.  The absolute truth is is that life is prevent from being perfect by fate.
To find your thinness would in fact bring you your light, but then you would soon find out that eternal light is not allowed in life.  Some other form of darkness would find you and the futility of your journey would be then seen...in the darkness.  The point is is that problem and insecurities in life are innevitable and no matter what form they come in, they're always there.  Don't spend every penny of your good state of mind trying to buy the light.  Use it to realize that without the dark, there could be no light.  If you wanna talk about it sometime, I'm usually on late at night...feel free to IM me at JerMan19  or email me.

Jeremy

"Time is the matter, and in a matter of that all wounds will heal and all scars shall fade."

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
6 posted 2007-11-19 08:11 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » She Wanders(please respond)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary