navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Why?
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Why? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
~*~PrettyGirly~*~
since 2000-11-04
Posts 83
Fitchburg Ma Usa

0 posted 2000-11-25 10:55 PM

div align="Center">

Why do you do this?
you promised to be there
then your not
I could send this poem to you
but then you'll go talk behind my back
I don't need that
you promise you all these things
but are they true?
no
all my friends say
your stupid, loser
they all hate you
I ask my self why do I put myself threw this pain
no one has the answers why I do it
either do I
tomorrow comes by
you'll be nice, sweet
the next day will come
you won't be so nice
I don't get you Dave
you destroy my self esteem
I should not talk to you
I should not wave HI
or anything anymore
your just like everyone else
they love to distory me
I can't be around you
I can't see your face
it will bug me to much
one day you'll be sorry
because you won't have a friend
your already losing one..
Or am I losing myself......

< !signature-->

If I could walk I'd be glad..But I'm glad the way I am- ~*~me~*~

[This message has been edited by ~*~PrettyGirly~*~ (edited 11-26-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Minna Talviharju - All Rights Reserved
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 posted 2000-11-26 12:42 PM

I like the little twist at the end with the last line.
Anyway.......im not sure but a word is mispelled.....either its a voc. word i don't know or you mean DESTROY instead or destory.

Anyway great poem!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

~*~PrettyGirly~*~
since 2000-11-04
Posts 83
Fitchburg Ma Usa
2 posted 2000-11-26 08:59 AM

thanks yes probably is destroy....
Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
3 posted 2000-11-27 02:43 PM

The feelings you have are told very well here, I think you did an excellent job on this one.

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Lakewalker
http://www.thehungersite.com

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
4 posted 2000-11-27 03:30 PM

Minna~
I think that you should really give this to him. Let him know what he is doing to you. It sounds like you are hurting. And you shouldnt be cuz some guys dont realize what they had until the lost it. Same with the girls. But show him how he is making you feel.

People leave our lives as quickly as they come, but the ones that mean something leave footprints in our hearts.

Child of the Stars
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-07
Posts 1658
Ann Arbor, MI
5 posted 2000-11-28 12:31 PM

Hey there. This was a great poem, and I too loved the twist at the end...keep that head up girl...

~Carly

~*~PrettyGirly~*~
since 2000-11-04
Posts 83
Fitchburg Ma Usa
6 posted 2000-12-01 08:49 PM

Erin, I gave it to him the next day, I went in my locker and saw a long letter and at the end said "Minna I'm sorry please forgive me, I was trying to be cool so my friends wouldn't hate me. But I don't want to lose a friendship between you and I". Then I wrote back to him and said you really hurt me and I didn't want to tell you but I had to because it was distorying me, at lunch he said "hey Minna I'm really sorry please be my friend again". So he's my friend again I hope he doesn't mess up.
Thank you for all the replys everybody~
~*~Minna~*~

A romance last forever you want it, A friendship last a life time

DancinQueen
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 1092
Kokomo,IN,USA
7 posted 2000-12-02 12:08 PM

Hey Girlie~! How are ya? I'm good..great poem   But i'll have to say if he isnt making you happy, then you shouldnt be with him. But dont let your friends influence your feelings for him. Do what YOU want to do. Ive been down that road too many times...and i know you dont want to regret doing something just because you're friends told you to do it. Stay true to your heart   Take care!

-=Kiley=-

"A true friend can see the truth and pain in your eyes, even when you're fooling everyone else"

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
8 posted 2000-12-27 05:55 PM

hey Minna, guess i'm a little late on this one, but better late than never.  Well, i'm glad to see that everything's resolved already.  I was gonna tell you the same thing Erin said....the best thing is to comfront someone about your problems.  Keep sharing

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Tears of Glass
since 2000-12-04
Posts 182
Physically? VA.... Mentally? I'm not quite sure
9 posted 2000-12-31 02:25 PM

Wonderful poem, Minna!  I dont think I can say anything everyone else hasnt said, so I will just say you are very talented, and I loved that last line on this poem.  It really makes you think...  Awesome job!

*Jennifer

Pixie-Babe03
since 2000-08-29
Posts 387
Central Maine
10 posted 2000-12-31 07:21 PM

this is such a strong poem, you are nto alone, it happens to the best of us, there will always be that jerk that makes it seem liek we can;t to anything right.. i hope it all works out for you and you arent; scarred badly, keep up the great work
~*Justine*~

~sugarpie313~
since 2000-09-14
Posts 375
Maine, USA
11 posted 2000-12-31 07:28 PM

I know exactly how you feel. That is if this poem is from a personal experience   I hate people who put other people down like that, it's like they are scared of other people doin it to them so they don't wanna give them the chance. well... great job!!!  

*do not offer yourself to the world, let the world offer itself to you*--Me :)
~*Remember your roots, my friend they're right down below,because hero

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
12 posted 2000-12-31 09:06 PM

This is the kind of guy who brings about the saying "men suck". Don't stay with this dude. Kick him out of your life ASAP!!! You don't need the crap that he seems to be putting you through. No one needs it.

~*Skyfire

*~Always Canadian*~
~*~I used to be an idiot, but I'm all right now~*~

Melster
since 2000-12-09
Posts 442
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
13 posted 2001-01-01 01:08 AM

Great work...  everyone has been telling you exactly what I would, so I won't say it as well, just do whatever it is that you think is right and it will be...  look after yourself!!

Melz!!

Dont believe what ur eyes r telling u they only show limitation. Look with ur understanding, find out what u already know & u will see the way to fly

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Why?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary