navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Mom
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Mom Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Nikkisweet
since 2000-02-14
Posts 183
Tx, Dallas

0 posted 2000-11-25 12:26 PM

Mom, what's wrong?
How come we can't get along?
This isn't fair
You act like you don't even care

What is wrong with me,
Is there any good in me you see?
What have I done that is so bad?
You're never happy w/me always mad.

Just beccause I moved out
Doesn't mean you can sit there and pout
Are you even happy I'm being taken care of
And that I believe in the Lord above?

Yes, I know I've made some mistakes in the past
But those should have faded away fast
You know, this is really sad
Cause I can't have a good relationship w/ you
Or my dad

There is so much you are missing out on
Just make me understand, mom
You've never given me a compliment
Or ask me how my day went

Even though you've hurt me
And my grandparents, you don't care to see
Just know that God's watching over you
And that I love you too

~Writing is filling up your
soul with words~
--Me

© Copyright 2000 Nikkisweet - All Rights Reserved
branden726
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-25
Posts 607
Bay City, MI
1 posted 2000-11-25 12:46 PM

Im so glad im the first to reply to this because i feel the same exact way about my mom except i havent moved out i still live here at home but not once since maybe i was like 5 have i hugged or kissed my mom. and well thats just really really sad. Im 15 now and it wasnt untill i ended up in the hospital because i was having some troubles that my mom actually gave me a hug and told me she loved me......GREAT POEM!!!!!!!!

"i just love when you bring your whole crew because its just a bigger piece of cake for me to chew threw"

Nikkisweet
since 2000-02-14
Posts 183
Tx, Dallas
2 posted 2000-11-25 01:48 PM

Hey. Thanx for replying to my poem.  Yea, my mom and I are having a lot of trouble with our relationship.  Hope it gets better with your mom too...also, I'm 15!  If you have aol, my screen name is moodyblues4 if u ever want to talk and e-mail me!

~Writing is filling up your
soul with words~
--Me

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
3 posted 2000-11-25 01:53 PM

I think you did a great job of getting your feelings out with this one, it's very good.  The end of this was great, showing that you love her even though she might not show it towards you.  That shows some major character.  Nicely done

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Lakewalker
http://www.thehungersite.com

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

4 posted 2000-11-25 02:47 PM

Another 15 year old here!  

I also don't have a good relationship with my mother, so I can really relate to this piece. The only advice I can offer is to never give up. You only have one mother, good or bad, and you should try to get along with her... and you should always love her. Thanks for posting.

"Where there is great love there are always miracles" -Cather
"Love heals everything, and love is all there is"- Zukav

vix616
since 2000-11-25
Posts 22

5 posted 2000-11-25 03:06 PM

I really like ur poem, and am hoping to write one about the same sort of situation - don't want to give too much away! I understand how u feel and am also 15 and feel the same way sometimes but im sure your mum will come to her senses and realise how lucky she is to have u..
dont give up
luv vicki.xx  

DancinQueen
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 1092
Kokomo,IN,USA
6 posted 2000-11-25 04:11 PM

Hey chick~ Well honestly I cant relate to this, because my mom and i are so close and we always have been. She's my bestfriend   I tell her stuff i probably shouldnt because shes my mom, but i dont care, she trusts me and she gives good advice so it works for me. But i hope things work out  

XoXo's ~!*DQ*!~

"A true friend can see the truth and pain in your eyes, even when you're fooling everyone else"

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
7 posted 2000-11-26 12:12 PM

Well i can't relate.......not in any sense whatsoever to this poem.
BUt it was great........i felt the pain in this one. tons of emotion.
Good luck with the future!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
8 posted 2000-11-26 02:44 PM

Well, I kinda go with Dopey on this one. I can't really relate. I've always had a decent relationship with my mom, occasional rough spots, but we're good. I'm not 15 anymore.... I kinda feel outa the loop on this whole thing, but this is good writing!
xoxo
Jenn

"Guess I'm not smart, I let you un-nerve me, I let you control me; afraid the truth would hurt me, when it's you that hurts me more." TLC

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Mom

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary