navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » life or death its your choice
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic life or death its your choice Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada

0 posted 2000-11-21 09:23 PM

Life or death it's your choice
I'm not quiet sure which one
is more appealing
Dragons and roses,
Whinni the pooh and Freddi Kuger
It is all in our minds, our choices
decide our dreams and our dreams
decide our futur
Speaking in rythms would not satisfy
my curious mind because I want to know
wether I choose life or death
Virgil or Homer, poetry or homework
Life is full of choices, but I don't
really care about anything except
wether to choose life or death
I know death is a choice I'm not
suppose to choose, but since when
do I listen to rules
For all I wanted to know was life or
death, you left it up to me and I chose
death
lying here in my cold grave
~Ina~
BTW would you guys mind if I "signed" my poetry under my real name Regina?It would be easier for me...you choose, since life is full of choices....

© Copyright 2000 Regina Levy - All Rights Reserved
IsGona
since 2000-07-14
Posts 723

1 posted 2000-11-21 09:48 PM

LIFE OR DEATH?
I've always thaught of death as a posibility, not a choice.  I guess my thinking is Life was already chosen, why ask again.  I'll just live untill death chooses me.

Well this was a very interesting poem.  Thanks for the read.  And you can "sign" whatever name you want.  it's all good by me.
IsGona

"Every body has their destiny...
I'LL CHOOSE MY OWN
~Hatebreed~

jeremydraul
since 2000-08-01
Posts 1118
State of Despair
2 posted 2000-11-21 09:51 PM

cool, i really liked it, the words were great
sign it however u want to

jeremy r

"...if you've never met me, then you've no right to judge me. I have a good heart, but this heart can get ugly." ~DMX~

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
3 posted 2000-11-22 06:53 AM

Please note that we do have guidelines which we enforce regarding poetry depicting suicide, and consider this piece to be borderline Regina. We care a great deal about the health and well-being of all our members, and we are pleased to include you in this grouping.

I thought that as a whole you were attempting to explore a number of life choices, however as with every choice we make in life, each and every choice we make has consequential reactions.

To depict suicide as a "choice" without showing the severe, negative and horrible consequences of it's aftermath is precisely "why" this poem concerns me, and I would be irresponsible if I did not address this aspect.

It's true that the beauty in life is being able to choose our various paths we walk each day, but the horrendous consquences of suicide forever removes your freedom of choice ... it is permanent ... it is devastating ... and it forever scars the loved ones who are left behind to live within the aftermath of this "choice".  

I hope you understand my concerns regarding this, and if you need to talk, please feel free to e-mail me directly. I do hope you're OK.

Best wishes and hugs,
/Kit

[This message has been edited by Kit McCallum (edited 11-22-2000).]

Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada
4 posted 2000-11-22 07:58 AM

Well thank you all for your responses but there is one in particualr I should respond to. Kit Im sorry i was not hinting towards suicide....but if u feel more comfortable taking off my poem that I would be ok with that....Sincerest apologies
Ina
Regina

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
5 posted 2000-11-22 08:20 AM

Thank you so much for your understanding Regina. I very much appreciate it. It's not easy to distinguish sometimes the meanings behind someone's words, and that's a very difficult task for our team of moderators. We need to remember that we have some readers as young as 9 years old, and have to guide ourselves in that light. Since we've explored the negative aspects in the responses, I will leave it here. Again, I very much appreciate your understanding Regina, that means a lot to me, and I'm so glad you're OK.  

Best wishes,
/Kit

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
6 posted 2000-11-22 05:17 PM

It's perfectly fine if you sign it however you want   I think that this piece is good, keep them coming Regina

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

http://www.thehungersite.com

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
7 posted 2000-11-25 03:02 AM

i liked this poem a lot.
I found the confusion between you and kit an interesting read hehe......a spark in the forum. Anyway im tired, ignore me.

good job!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
8 posted 2000-12-13 06:25 PM

great poem Ina.  thanks for sharing it.  the problem with us people is when we are given a choice, we always seem to pick the easy way out.  we think that it helps us better to do so, but it actually doesn't.  the hard way out is what makes us realize who we really are.  think about that

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » life or death its your choice

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary