navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Why I'm Afraid
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Why I'm Afraid Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs

0 posted 2000-11-15 04:31 PM

Im so afraid,
It makes me so sad.
The feeling of good,
No longer out does the bad.
Its almost like im stuggling,
With something in the air,
Something i cant see,
But yet still know is there.
Its an endless fight,
The winner takes all.
It's knocked me down many times,
Too often i choose to fall.
Cause when your in this constant battle,
You grow week,
Tired,
And Fed-up.
By the time you come close to your victory,
Your ready to give up.
My on going battle,
With the life i live.
Cant stay like this much longer,
Somethings gotta give.
Keep giving it time,
To be rescued,
Or saved.
I'm constantly being told,
"Keep your head up",
"Give it a few more days".
But the fact is,
What i'll feel like in a few more days,
Is the reason,
why i'm afraid.

© Copyright 2000 Michele - All Rights Reserved
curlygurly
since 2000-09-12
Posts 276
USA
1 posted 2000-11-15 04:58 PM

awesome poem! i can totally relate, people are always telling me to keep my head up and to smile, yeah right! and it's not always gonna get better no matter what people tend to think, it's just an optimistic saying. not like i hate it when people say that, but ya know it's not always gonna be ok  
Curly

"So many tears i've cried, so much pain inside"
-Lenny Kravitz

tq_99
since 2000-11-14
Posts 45
Las Vegas, NM, US
2 posted 2000-11-15 08:23 PM

Very, nice poem. Great work, I can totally relate! I'm looking forwar dot seeing more of your work. Thanks for sharing that poem!

- tq_99

"Some say a rich man has it all but if he has no friends he is nothing"

Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada
3 posted 2000-11-15 08:32 PM

they tell that to you to?i can relate...but they probaly say it to show u they care..nice poem
Ina

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 posted 2000-11-15 09:04 PM

Shugar, don't be afraid. You'll be quite alright and you know that. I hope times get well but i'm confused. This poem obviously has to be in a different time period than the Happiness poem i read earlier......anyway good poem!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
5 posted 2000-11-15 10:40 PM

Strangely enough Dopey...this is in the same time period...but my mood has been changed day by day due to what im taking. It sux but thats just how my life is right now..im sorry thats kinda of confusing.

Thanx for the replies

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
6 posted 2000-11-16 06:32 AM

You've expressed this up and down feeling well Shugar ... I know it's a struggle right now, but make sure you keep communication with your friends and family. It may take a little bit to get on an even keel, but you'll get there. Hugs to you ...

Best wishes,
/Kit

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
7 posted 2000-11-16 05:30 PM

I like the way this is written, it's done very well.  I liked the flow of it, nice job   I can't really say i can relate to this, but i do hope you don't continue to feel like this.

"But the fact is,
What i'll feel like in a few more days,
Is the reason,
why i'm afraid."

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

http://www.thehungersite.com

xShUgArHiGhx
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
8 posted 2000-11-16 10:25 PM

Thanks everyone for your replies!
niceguy
since 2000-11-13
Posts 113
Sapello, NM, USA
9 posted 2000-11-16 11:50 PM

Very powerful girl...awesome poem! I am sorry that you are going through such a tough time. I won't go and tell you to hang in there or keep your head up cause you must be tired of hearing those words right now...but you will be in my thoughts and prayers k? Keep writing.

"Don't take love for granted...once it's gone, it hurts."

IsGona
since 2000-07-14
Posts 723

10 posted 2000-11-17 12:03 PM

Life is unfortunatly a roller coaster.  you climb so slow to reach a peak and the moment you do you plummet back down.  your poem did a great job of descibing the fears I think most have.  I liked it.  keep posting.
IsGona

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
11 posted 2000-11-21 09:24 AM

This is so sad    You shouldn't give up.  I know it's easy for us to say and it's hard for you to do.  But remember the saying what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.  Maybe your outlook in life is just wrong. Maybe you need to look at the brighter side of life rather than focusing on the bad.  I love the poem, but i hate to see someone hurt so much.  please, if you need to talk i'm offering my full attention.  And yeah, i'll say it again, KEEP YA HEAD UP

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

cobie
since 2000-11-28
Posts 4
netherlands
12 posted 2000-11-28 07:28 PM

you are touching my heart, with this poem, tears running down my face!
I do hope, some day, you will be fully enjoying life, you deserve it!

Allysa
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden
13 posted 2000-11-29 08:18 AM

Shugar, you feel like this too??? I have to fight the same battles, and I wish I had this one person by my side, but he couldn't care less. Anyways, I've babbled enough for the moment. I really like this poem. Just remember to smile.  
Alyssa

I can't see at all. Even if I could it would all be gray, put your picture on my wall, it reminds me that it's not so bad, it's not so bad.

Greeneyes617
since 2000-11-22
Posts 329
Arkansas
14 posted 2000-11-30 12:40 PM

I didn't realize what my friend, Trixie, was going through. She had the same feeling, and it was pretty bad. It hurt so bad to stand by and watch her suffer. I was willing to do anything to make her happy. Although now,
I have been through the same thing. I understand and now realized how it feels and what a positive friendship can do for your soul. I consider everyone a friend on here. So friend to friend....Do keep your head up and remember things usually get worse before the get better.
SMILE GOD LOVES YOU!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Why I'm Afraid

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary