navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Best Friends(PLEASE help with this one)
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Best Friends(PLEASE help with this one) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
tq_99
since 2000-11-14
Posts 45
Las Vegas, NM, US

0 posted 2000-11-14 04:46 PM

Any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated on this poem! Thanks ya'll.

Best Friends

Being your best friend is a blessing
  I trusted your sincerity without any testing

And with the trials this world may bring
        I know you'll be there for everything
Although you always tell me not to say "thank you"
there are a lot of times where I feel that I need to

For someone to help with the clearing of my mind
      That person must be determined and kind
And there are the qualities that are found in you
           not just one, but two.

So I needed to say thank you
         for all you've done
          and continue to do

Because of you, the battles of this life I have won
because stay with me through thick & thin.

- tq_99

< !signature-->

"Some say a rich man has it all but if he has no friends he is nothing"

[This message has been edited by tq_99 (edited 11-15-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Josh A. - All Rights Reserved
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 posted 2000-11-14 05:54 PM

A wonderful tribute to your friend. If you have't given this to him/her then i suggest you do. Very sweet.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
2 posted 2000-11-14 06:09 PM

This was a very sweet tribute to your friend..it sounds like the two of you are very lucky to have one another. I dont have any suggestions on this poem..i think its perfect just the way it is.
jocelyhn
since 2000-11-14
Posts 7

3 posted 2000-11-14 07:30 PM

Good Poem!! That is those "unspeakable thoughts" towards someone (Like a best friend) that you can never tell them, but you put in ith such detail to everything you want to say to them.
Maybe this is how all best firends should feel about each other.
Good job and keep it up!!
Jocelyn

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
4 posted 2000-11-14 10:56 PM

"And with the trials this work may bring
   I know you'll be there for everything"

I liked this part and I think you did a good job on the poem   If you seriously want some help on it, I would suggest that you post it in the Teen Explorer forum where you might get more help.  I hope you share it with your friend

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

http://www.thehungersite.com

Fearless_Angel
since 2000-10-03
Posts 57
Calgary, AB Canada
5 posted 2000-11-14 11:10 PM

Hey tq_99,
    I totally agree with everything that everyone else has already said! Keep up the great work! I hope you share it with your friend okies? Wellz, that's it for now! Catch you l8erz...buh bye!

Lotsa Love,
Angel
xoxoxo

"Take care and remember a certain innocent lil' Angel will always be there for you..."

Fearless_Angel
since 2000-10-03
Posts 57
Calgary, AB Canada
6 posted 2000-11-14 11:10 PM

Hey tq_99,
    I totally agree with everything that everyone else has already said! Keep up the great work! I hope you share it with your friend okies? Wellz, that's it for now! Catch you l8erz...buh bye!

Lotsa Love,
Angel
xoxoxo

"Take care and remember a certain innocent lil' Angel will always be there for you..."

tq_99
since 2000-11-14
Posts 45
Las Vegas, NM, US
7 posted 2000-11-15 08:36 PM

I just wanted to thank everybody, your encouragement is appreciated. look forward to reading more of your guys's work!

- tq_99

niceguy
since 2000-11-13
Posts 113
Sapello, NM, USA
8 posted 2000-11-16 11:12 AM

It's kinda cool seeing my brothers work on here. Keep on writing, your good. Laterz
niceguy

"Don't take love for granted...once it's gone, it hurts."

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
9 posted 2000-11-17 04:26 PM

what can i say, but im glad you feel this way in your life right now.  Glad you're not really hurting like the rest.  And this is really a nice way to show your appreciation to your friend. keep it up and keep sharing

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

~*~PrettyGirly~*~
since 2000-11-04
Posts 83
Fitchburg Ma Usa
10 posted 2000-11-17 10:07 PM

That was a really good, friends are really important in life. They are always there for us, weather thick or thin. I miss my friend Jess, she didn't die. Jess went into another school, but we always chat  ! Keep writing your poetry.

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
11 posted 2000-11-18 04:42 PM

Good work on this one... friends are almost as important as the air we breathe. I'm glad you have what you've described...(or at least I hope that you do)  

"Guess I'm not smart, I let you un-nerve me, I let you control me; afraid the truth would hurt me, when it's you that hurts me more." TLC

compassion
since 2000-11-01
Posts 135
USA
12 posted 2000-11-18 06:59 PM

I think I can relate to this one, btw, so well written,.....sharing, two-ways, remember there's two of you, if your having a hard time expressing thanks it seems something is missing in this special friendship.    Words to ponder and enjoyed your thoughts. Extrememly well written!
TopGunLauren
since 2000-08-02
Posts 718
California
13 posted 2000-11-18 07:17 PM

Very well writen poem your lucky to have a friend like that.So make sure you never lose them because it's the worst pain in the world. Trust me I know but ahyway keep up the awsome work!
  Lauren

tq_99
since 2000-11-14
Posts 45
Las Vegas, NM, US
14 posted 2000-11-19 05:02 PM

Thanks everybody for the compliments and encouragement. It really means a lot to me, I also thank you for sharing all of your work. Thanks again, and I look forward to reading more of your work!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Best Friends(PLEASE help with this one)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary