navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Suicide(please reply)
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Suicide(please reply) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
TopGunLauren
since 2000-08-02
Posts 718
California

0 posted 2000-11-11 10:53 PM

My friend tells me quite often that she wants to die,
Everytime I hear her say that it makes me want to cry.

It seems like she is getting worse every single day,
No matter how much I try to talk to her I never know what to say.

I don't think she can see how much I really care,
ANd how if I were to lose her the pain I could not bear.

There are so many people who care about her too,
All I want is to help her but I don't know what to do.

She is such a special person why can't she just see that?
I know exactly what she's going through I've been at the same point she's at.

The only thing I can do is be a good friend,
And pray every night that this friendship isn't about to end.

By,
     Lauren

If you have a friend like I do and you want to give this poem to them feel free.

© Copyright 2000 TopGunLauren - All Rights Reserved
Jose Marti
since 2000-07-01
Posts 374
washing DC
1 posted 2000-11-11 10:57 PM

maybe you need not worry so much
everything that you say to your friend
probably conforts her alot.
that might be why she says that so much
just a thought.

~*~PrettyGirly~*~
since 2000-11-04
Posts 83
Fitchburg Ma Usa
2 posted 2000-11-11 10:57 PM

hey good poem..~*~PG~*~    

Wishing I could walk, Wishing I could have a guy but will those come true?

Tia
since 2000-05-05
Posts 41
massachusetts
3 posted 2000-11-11 11:20 PM

i think that if this is the situation then you should just be there for her. don't try to change the way she feels cause people do that to me all the time and i believe that if someone really cares then they will just be there for you not help you. i know this is weird but i think that if someone wants help they'll ask and if you tell them you're there then they'll know where to go. good luck with your friendship.it was also a very good poem.
ZAOfreak
since 2000-11-08
Posts 22
CA, USA
4 posted 2000-11-11 11:22 PM

A touching poem. I can relate to that, and feel for you. Sometimes the best thing you can do is pray.
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 posted 2000-11-11 11:32 PM

A great poem and i wish the best for you and yer friend. Hope all turns out fine.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
6 posted 2000-11-12 12:47 PM

I feel like this poem was about a friend looking in on me, this is often how i think i made them feel. But what is good is that you can understand her and know that its not in yours or her control. You just need to be there for her..thats all you can do and i wish the best for you and her.
Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
7 posted 2000-11-12 10:35 AM

I'm sorry you two are going through this problem... It's truly unfair. All you can do is try and support her, and tell her you'll always be someone she can talk to.
I know it's hard... but try not to give up. I'm sure all is not lost, and it's darkest before the dawn. Good writing.
Jenn

"Guess I'm not smart, I let you un-nerve me, I let you control me; afraid the truth would hurt me, when it's you that hurts me more." TLC

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
8 posted 2000-11-12 10:36 AM

You've expressed your concerns well in this poem Lauren.  It is very difficult as a friend to distinguish the sincerity behind another's intentions.  I would like to offer you some options to pass along to your friend in the links below.

If she were experiencing severe stomach aches, and wanted relief, it stands to reason, that she would seek professional help. These feelings that she is expressing can be symptoms that also require professional assistance before she can feel better. I would strongly advise that she seeks professional help.

She also needs the support of others. If her family is unaware, encourage her to talk with them. If she feels she can't, then perhaps she can take comfort in speaking with friends, a school counselor, a member of the clergy, or a teen center in her community.

She can find much more information, support, and places where she can express herself at the following links:
http://www.suicide-helplines.org/
http://suicidehotlines.com/  
http://teenadvice.about.com/mbody.htm
http://teenadvice.about.com/teens/teenadvice/cs/helplines/index.htm
http://depression.about.com/teens/depression/mbody.htm  
http://www.teenadviceonline.org  
http://teenpoetry.studentcenter.org/  
http://www.teen-online.com  

I wish your frind the best, and hope that some of these ideas may be of assistance.

Best wishes,
/Kit

[This message has been edited by Kit McCallum (edited 11-12-2000).]

Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

9 posted 2000-11-12 10:42 AM

I don't know much of anything on this topic, as I have little to no experience.  But I can say that maybe she needs a little outside help.  Your poem is very good, I hope you give this to her....I don't know what else to say but I really really hope she's okay.  Well good luck, to you and her, please update us on how she is....
Bel

Lani_DarkOne
since 2000-05-28
Posts 152
UK
10 posted 2000-11-12 10:49 AM

show this poem to your friend..and I think you should tell someone, 'cause maybe what she needs is expert help..
nicely expressed..

"Controlling my feelings for too long....
And forcing our darkest souls to unfold...
And pushing us into self-destruction...."
*~Muse*~

curlygurly
since 2000-09-12
Posts 276
USA
11 posted 2000-11-12 11:23 AM

This was such a sad poem. i don't really know what to say. my cousin killed himself when i was really little but i don't remember it so i don't know what to say. i hope your friend realizes that she is special and doesn't kill herself  
Curly

"So many tears i've cried, so much pain inside"
-Lenny Kravitz

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
12 posted 2000-11-12 02:06 PM

I don't know what else to say than be there for her and get her help.  Good poem!

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

http://www.thehungersite.com

TopGunLauren
since 2000-08-02
Posts 718
California
13 posted 2000-11-12 04:43 PM

Thanks to all of you who replied it really means a lot.
   Lauren

branden726
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-25
Posts 607
Bay City, MI
14 posted 2000-11-12 05:17 PM

When i read this it hurt so much. I myself just go thru deep depression not to long ago and it was a friends poem that lifted me out of that spot. I now am dating that friend and i think about it but if i ever loose her im sure ill be in the same place as your friend and im sorry i love the poem it just brought back some real bad memories.

"put the name of the person u love, not in a heart because they alway break but put it in a circle which last forever"

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
15 posted 2000-11-12 06:42 PM

very sad poem, and i really don't know what to tell you.  All i can say is, you're on the right track by prayng.  That does help a lot

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

LoveAll
since 2000-05-24
Posts 148
B'dale, USA
16 posted 2000-11-12 06:59 PM

I have a friend that I've grown far from who I know is having thoughts of suicide...I have some of the same feelings as you do!  All I can say is pray.  Put your faith in God, and if anything happens, it is not your fault!  Just let her know you care and that you'll be there for her through thick and thin.  That is all you can give!
God Bless and Keep Smiling

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; run and not grow weary, walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:3

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
17 posted 2000-11-13 12:54 PM

Praying to God is good...But why dont you open yourself up to her the way you opened yourself up to us???I think that she would really understand then...I mean I would rather have my friend come to me if I was in that position...Just to show me that someone cares about what I am going through...Not that you dont care...Just be a friend to her and be there with her every step of the way...

~*Love is sometimes like a rose. Beautiful in the beginning but dies in the end.*~

TopGunLauren
since 2000-08-02
Posts 718
California
18 posted 2000-11-14 07:50 PM

I'm bumping this back up because I feel it's important for everyone to read this.
niceguy
since 2000-11-13
Posts 113
Sapello, NM, USA
19 posted 2000-11-15 11:10 AM

I know how you feel about this...at least I understand pretty well. I also have a friend that is going through this right now and it kills me to know that she is feeling like this. I am trying my hardest to show her how empty my life would be without her and how much I and others around her care about her.
It's hard...I know. But hang in there and I hope that everything is alright. This poem is very powerful and moving. Thanx for posting it. Keep on writing...your good.
niceguy

"Don't take love for granted...once it's gone, it hurts."

kaile
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
20 posted 2000-11-20 07:11 PM

hi there,
i am glad i came to Teen in time to read this post....

You must have a difficult time now, ot kowing whether your friend is serious about hurting herself...that must not have been an enviable position to be and i hope you will have strength and courage to follow this through

I agree with what the others have said. Be there for her. Show her this poem. Write her another poem about what you like her as a friend or the good times you have spent together. Bring her to places and stress that the world is so beautiful, the stage is before us and there are so many things we can achieve. Urge her to seek professional help if necessary.

I think most importantly of all, encourage her to speak up to you.help her talk through her feelings.it feels good to know that someone cares enough to listen to your woes and im sure your friend is no exception....

and yes, regardless of what happens, dont blame yourself....you have done your best as a friend and though sometimes our best arent enough, it is NOT our fault(perhaps something isnt meant to be?)...dont torture yourself with feelings of guilt....

i apologise for the authoritative tone i set down here....you are certainly welcome to make your own decisions but you have me worried here and pls email me or keep us updated about this friend of yours.....

Good Luck!

Ethan Halo
since 2000-04-28
Posts 793
on the roof again
21 posted 2000-11-21 03:00 AM

ask her why. that's the one all suicidals don't want to answer. trust me, i know. we want to vent so badly, but letting it out will also lessen the burden, the weight she's carrying. she doesn't want that because it will let her start to see the good in things and herself. and the last thing a suicidal person wants is a reason to live.
i think you can be her reason. i never had people counsel me like all this help you're getting. you're lucky, and i hope you take all this advice and use it all wisely.
please give her that reason to live.
fight the good fight. any way you can.< !signature-->

Everyone's got their demons.
We all got somethin' to atone for.

[This message has been edited by Ethan_Halo (edited 11-21-2000).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Suicide(please reply)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary