navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Society
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Society Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Tia
since 2000-05-05
Posts 41
massachusetts

0 posted 2000-11-11 07:22 PM

Hidden tears, afraid to escape.
hidden fears, of upcoming fate.
The future buried in the past,
afraid of being different,
of being chosen last.
the hurtful words repeating in his head
the attemps that never worked
the longing to be dead
the soundless screams
that never were heard
you could see it in his eyes
though he never said a word
he's too afraid to speak
to let his emotions run free
people judged him from his past
they didn't take the time to see
that he was just hurting
inside that so called "cold heart"
if it wasn't for society
he wouldn't be ripped apart
he would be real happy
not a man afraid to see
he'd be an individual
no what everyone expects him to be...

© Copyright 2000 Tia - All Rights Reserved
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 posted 2000-11-11 08:03 PM

This was great but i seriously think that people should stop hiding behind masks. Because you know..........this "he" yer talkin about is hiding behind masks being what others want him to be, but i am completely sure those others are hiding behind their own society built masks.
Sometimes in being different we're praised, and in other occasions we are set aside. Either way we have to be who we are....nuff said.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

curlygurly
since 2000-09-12
Posts 276
USA
2 posted 2000-11-11 08:30 PM

I agree with dopey. people shouldn't be worried about what others think of them but it's part of society and what the media has made it's perfect. hopefully it will be better soon, but for now the real courage is being yourself.  
Curly

"So many tears i've cried, so much pain inside"
-Lenny Kravitz

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
3 posted 2000-11-11 08:51 PM

Dopey said everthing so perfect...If you try to be something other then yourself then thats the way people are gonna look at you...People these days just need to be themselves instead of what others want them to be...

~*Love is sometimes like a rose. Beautiful in the beginning but dies in the end.*~

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
4 posted 2000-11-12 12:23 PM

I thought this poem was amazing...Sooo many people can relate to this "he" that you speak of. I too agree with Dopey. But i thought that the point you were trying to express in this poem was excellent...it also flowed very nicely.
Lani_DarkOne
since 2000-05-28
Posts 152
UK
5 posted 2000-11-12 10:42 AM

others give masks to people to hide behind..I don't think it's purely self-inflicted...
excellent poem Tia..those words mean alot..I can't quote, 'cause that would ruin the whole flow..but..it's brilliant, keep posting  

"Controlling my feelings for too long....
And forcing our darkest souls to unfold...
And pushing us into self-destruction...."
*~Muse*~

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
6 posted 2000-11-12 02:00 PM

I think you did a great job on the poem!  I think Lani said it great, yes some people build masks but society's also there handing them out.

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

http://www.thehungersite.com

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
7 posted 2000-11-13 05:16 PM

I do agree with all at a certain point, but we have to understand that we in a certain point in our life all have worn a mask.  Not because of society, but because of our own discretion.  Nobody tells us to wear them, the bottom line is, it's all up to you.  Well, it doesn't help that as said, society hands them out too.

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Society

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary