navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » My BeSt FriEndS or are We?
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic My BeSt FriEndS or are We? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
~SwEEt_LiL_GirL~
since 2000-11-04
Posts 21

0 posted 2000-11-07 09:46 AM

okay i told my "best" friend (which she isn't my best friend anymore, after 11 years of knowing her) but she's a close friend, best is compleatly different from close, and vise versa, but this one is to her and i.

~*~ Poem ~*~

Running around,
Goffing off,
Talking for ours,
You and I laughing at every single joke,
This is what i'll remember

Seeing you grow from a little girl
To a wounderful Teenager,

Knowing what bottons to push,
Knowing we could fight none stop,
We'll run back to each other

Growing old with you is one of our dreams
But then one day you moved,
And all my dreams went down the drain,
and my heart soon followed down with my dreams.

Crying every night,
Holding on to your picture so tight that no one could pry me from it.

Once again i lost someone deep in my life,
Even though we talk on the phone,
The Internet,
and through snail mail
Doesn't compair to when you were here

The pain still stabs my heart
Every day i go to school and don't see you there anymore,
I know down the road i'll see you again, but my heart doesn't.

The days go by that i don't think about you once
But your slowly your fadding out of my life
But when i see you again
I know everything will return to what we use to have

I'll be looking for that day to come,
But till then i'll always love you
From when we were in each other first grade class together
Till we die.

I miss you very much Casey, i always willl, till i see you again i'll always hold you in my heart!

This one isn't that good SORRY!!!!!

© Copyright 2000 ~SwEEt_LiL_GirL~ - All Rights Reserved
xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
1 posted 2000-11-07 11:19 AM

Aww sweet...dont u just hate change?? Its so sad when friends grow apart...did you ever hear the quote.."Its the most amazing thing when two strangers become the best of friends, but its one of the saddest thing when best friends become two strangers"? I dont think your situation has become to the extreme of strangers but ya know what i mean. Great poem hun but i'm sorry that your going through this...
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 posted 2000-11-07 12:00 PM

Yea it sucks you're going through this and i wish you the best. Good luck!

"I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust."

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
3 posted 2000-11-07 03:51 PM

Yeah, it is a different type of friend, the one you can't see everyday, but I think it's still good that you are talking on the phone and using the internet to keep in touch.  Good poem, it really expressed your feelings well

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

http://www.thehungersite.com

Yankee10n20BFF
since 2000-11-02
Posts 27
T-Town, AL
4 posted 2000-11-07 05:22 PM

I loved this poem. It is almost like you wrote it somewhat about what I am going through. I know how hard it is. It's like the worst feeling inside and you can't do anything about it. Try to keep your head held up high. E-mail me anytime if you wanna talk about it. Yankee102002@aol.com.

Yankee

No matter what you are going through, all you have to do is close your eyes and dream cause no one can take them away from you.

curlygurly
since 2000-09-12
Posts 276
USA
5 posted 2000-11-07 06:32 PM

This didn't suck at all, it was awesome. i know that if i know katie for over a decade and we part i'd be soooooo i don't know can't think of the word. well i know how i'd feel, we've known eachother for 6 years already and we're only 14. hope that you're ok, eventhough i know it's not the same without her.  
Curly

"So many tears i've cried, so much pain inside"
-Lenny Kravitz

~SwEEt_LiL_GirL~
since 2000-11-04
Posts 21

6 posted 2000-11-07 08:46 PM

xShUgArHiGhx
Hey girl thank you so much! You know what i think if we knew each other in real life we would be the best of friends, hmmm anyway i want to thank you for listening and reading all my poem's i enjoy reading yours as well. I think that your an excellent poet and i hope you keep up the wonderful work. I know i'm haveing a lot of things in my life right now but hey i have to take it all one at a time. And someone (my bestfriend) said that "god would never put so much infront of you that he doesn't think you can handle," so all this makes me stronger i know, and it has, i'm getting over the "big" fear lossing the ones i love, but i know they'll always be in my heart. Well yeah anyway thank you again for everything!! Take care God bless.

Dopey_Dope
Thanks for your support, i know it sucks but its life! thanks for responding!!

Lakewalker
Thank you for everything, i hope to read your poems thanks for the support!!

Yankee10n20BFF
well Yankee hang in there life is hard but you'll get through it. I know i'm going thorugh it right now, its been 6 months since i seen Casey. i know were not best friends but were very good. You'll be okay. i hope verything works out.. God bless

curlygurly
Hang on to your friendship, let nothing come in between you two. I've know her since i was 5 and she was 4 and now i'm almost 17 and she's 15 and i can't believe this is the first year i'll be w/o her but i know she'll always be there. Well Curly i hope you are doing well, keep up your excellent work w/your poems... God bless

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
7 posted 2000-11-12 02:48 PM

the way it sounds, she might still be your best friend eventhough you guys are far from each other now.  one question, are you still telling her secrets that even your new best friend doesn't know about?  well, it's nice to know how much someone could cherish someone's friendship so much.  I'm happy for you in a sense.  You guys will see each other again, don't worry.  

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

~SwEEt_LiL_GirL~
since 2000-11-04
Posts 21

8 posted 2000-11-13 05:01 PM

acire~
To answer your question about if i still tell my friend in S.C secrets then my "best friends" here, the answer is that i don't tell the girl in S.C secrets anymore, i tell my best friends more then everything now!! i don't tell her anything. Why do you ask????

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
9 posted 2000-11-13 05:15 PM

Sometimes its hard to lose touch with someone close to you...I lost my best friend...Well I didnt really lose her I just gave up on her cuz she decided to stop talking to me...On and off...So its like I dont bother with it anymore...Dont give up on her...Its not worth it...You have some much time together...Life is short so make your friendship work...

~*Love is sometimes like a rose. Beautiful in the beginning but dies in the end.*~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » My BeSt FriEndS or are We?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary