navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Deep Inside(no relation to the song)
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Deep Inside(no relation to the song) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

0 posted 2000-11-09 10:29 PM

*Special note: Dear EVERYONE, I'm sorry I haven't replied to your recent poems or been posting lately, so I won't be surprised if you don't reply to this.  Again, I'm sorry*

Deep Inside

There's something
Deep inside of me
Deep deep down
There's things you don't know
Don't see
I've got it all
The grades, the guy
Things to do, people to call
Is that just the way it seems
I've no reason
To be unhappy
To be depressed
When my life's so perfect, so sappy
Little Miss Perfect
The overachiever, teacher's pet
Only child
Spoiled little brat
Oh the nerve
What could I be going through
In my perfect little world
Nothing like what you have to do
Things you don't know
Things you don't see
Things you've missed
Deep inside of me
How dare I cry
How dare I complain
My greatest worry
Is that my life might be mundane
How can you miss it
How can you be so blind as not to see
How is it you don't know
Deep inside of me
I shut you out
And don't let it show
Lock it up
Maybe you'll just never know

~This isn't directed to any one person.  It's simple really.  There's alot of things going on that I don't talk about and no one knows they're there, so they assume I have nothing wrong with my life.  Oh well right?  Go ahead, tear it apart, the original got deleted~

© Copyright 2000 Isabel Galaxia - All Rights Reserved
Yankee10n20BFF
since 2000-11-02
Posts 27
T-Town, AL
1 posted 2000-11-09 11:15 PM

It's hard to keep things inside. I do that and I feel so fake towards the people I love cause they think I am happy and suff when deep inside I'm hurting so bad. It really hlps to write things down and stuff. Keep your head up!

No matter what you are going through, all you have to do is close your eyes and dream cause no one can take them away from you.

Jose Marti
since 2000-07-01
Posts 374
washing DC
2 posted 2000-11-10 01:17 AM

this is a nice poem
everyone feels this way at one point or another.
don't worry about responding to poems, just respond to the ones that you like, or feel strongly about, don't feel obligated to respond to poetry, do it from your heart.

Child of the Stars
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-07
Posts 1658
Ann Arbor, MI
3 posted 2000-11-10 12:41 PM

Hey there. It's very all right that you haven't been replying, most of us understand. I feel exactly like you described in this poem. And it bites. It seems like no one understands...sigh. Well keep pluggin away at solving all those problems....

~Carly

DreamerGrl27
since 2000-10-29
Posts 142

4 posted 2000-11-10 07:34 PM

I know what you mean by people thinking that you have the ''perfect life.'' No ones life is perfect, but somepeople just don't understand that everyone has rough spots and things that no one else knows about.  People are too judgemental to look behind someone's clothes or attitude and realize that they have problems too. I hope everything works out.
Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
5 posted 2000-11-11 11:34 AM

I think this poem was well expressed.  I know the feeling of having things that no one sees or knows about.  It' hard to share with people who don't care, but if you find someone who does, go ahead and open up   And hey, don't worry about replying, we all get busy or distracted sometimes.  
Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
6 posted 2000-11-11 12:26 PM

I suppose I could reply to this two ways. First... I've been there, sort of. I've gotten the grades, went to the parties, been busy every Fri. and Sat. night with something to do and usually 10 people to do it with.   But I've felt empty nonetheless, and happiness like that just fades.
Second... I've been the shy one. The loner, the coward trying to rush through the day unnoticed. I see the popular ones, and I know they must be going through SOMETHING, just nothing that bad, if they look like they do all the time...(beautiful and smily)
So I can see your POV to a certain extent, but I also see the view on which you are picking apart. I really don't know which I prefer. Probably the happy, busy one... then you have less time to ponder and worry.  
It's a good poem, regardless.
Jenn

"Guess I'm not smart, I let you un-nerve me, I let you control me; afraid the truth would hurt me, when it's you that hurts me more." TLC

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
7 posted 2000-11-11 04:05 PM

Look at all the replies you got!!
Plus this one *mines the best of course hehe*
Anyway a great poem!
keep posting and try to reply some eh?!
hehehe....bye!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

curlygurly
since 2000-09-12
Posts 276
USA
8 posted 2000-11-11 04:54 PM

cool poem. this was a good one  
Me

"So many tears i've cried, so much pain inside"
-Lenny Kravitz

Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

9 posted 2000-11-12 10:53 AM

Yankee- Yeah it does help to write things down, thanks  
Jose- Thanks...yeah I'll try to respond more...I'm slack I know
Child of the Stars- Do you really?  *sigh*  I'll get over it I guess  
DreamerGrl- Thank you!!  I agree so much!  Dang
Lakewalker- Thanks I'm glad you understand  
Jenn-  Well I've sort of seen it from both angles too....it's sort of complicated.  I'm kind of in both places at once...but I'm glad someone can relate Thanks!!!
Dopey- Yeah can you believe I got so many replies?  hehe thanks, I'll try to reply more.....
Curly- Woman of many words aye? Lol thanks gurl
Thanks soo much for replying.....I had no idea I'd get so many.  It means a lot, thanks again  
Bel

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
10 posted 2000-11-13 04:55 PM

well, im not gonna judge you for i don't have the right to judge anyone.  Great poem though..and i'm glad you're saying that you're gonna try to reply to others more.  That's the way to do it.  thanks for the excellent read.

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
11 posted 2000-11-13 05:31 PM

Isabel~
You opened something from yourself that I have never seen...I have seen you open yourself up but not like this...I would think that people who have everything they want would be happy but not really...This was a really good piece...Thank you for sharing it...And take all the time you need away from this place...It doesnt matter if you dont always reply just dont leave us for good...You have talent that we like...So make it useful!!!

~*Love is sometimes like a rose. Beautiful in the beginning but dies in the end.*~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Deep Inside(no relation to the song)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary