navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » It's Been a Long Time Since Ive Posted a Poem, so Here it is
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic It's Been a Long Time Since Ive Posted a Poem, so Here it is Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone

0 posted 2000-11-09 07:38 PM

I am nothing close to abomination from within
A lamentation's brew heated and boiling into a spill
Wretched and confined into reality's discriminations
Am I the demon that deserves eternal punishment?
Or am I just that of misfortune's best friend
"Why must I ask for forgiveness for all my sins," I ask myself?
Should I? Knowing that...
In end's time compassions hand is easily at reach
And I still do. Discounting all the untouched questions, I honestly do
And still, I weep alone...
I persistently fold myself into a corner hoping no one sees my grief
Lucky is the walking dead, I say
For he, though alone, is at least unscathed by human's weakness
Numb to that of his surroundings...
The only envy of life's hurting people

Such blatant expressions I know I've said
I've kept these confined in my soul all this time.
Not knowing how much longer I can stay dormant
Not knowing when I shall erupt and unleash such motility
I just have to let it out
For they are far worse...
Far worse than running nails on a chalkboard
It has totally driven me close to insanity
A knock in the doors of the Omega
So, bare with me as I cast loose my Demons
All that of your consideration and not of pity

As I wage war against Ares, a battle in Euterpe
A fight I can't win. A fight already lost
I, though torn and lifeless, am still waiting for Eros to come...
Hear my voice, head my call I beg
As I sit on this squeeking wooden chair,
Silently listening for the chariots to arrive
Hoping one day that the arrow shot from his bow carries my name
Hoping that the hunter's eye is not blurred by time,
For missing in not an option given
Hoping it hits me straight where it matters the most
Like that of patriots
Hoping the arrow hits me straight in the heart
Yes. Straight in the heart
For this, nothing else, I know is more than destiny
And I am here to claim what is rightfully mine ...
Here to claim what belongs to me and to noone else
Here to once again love myself

Recently, I have been hiding behind this curtain of denial.  Or you can say that I've been hiding from within. One thing I learned is when you hurt, let it all out, don't keep it in cause it'll eventually eat you from within.  It didn't help either that Erica still kept calling me out of nowhere.  I have used Passions as my heaven away from problems.  Doesn't work all the time though, but it still does most of the time.  I'm glad to have found e-friends or whatever you call it in here too, cause even if they didn't know it, they were helping me by just talking to me.  So, this poem is dedicated to you.  Thanks so much, I mean so much to Kiley(sweets), Jessica(pryncess), Erin(cheese cake)
< !signature-->

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself"  TUPAC SHAKUR

[This message has been edited by acire (edited 11-09-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 acire - All Rights Reserved
Kandi
since 2000-06-14
Posts 354
North of Hell
1 posted 2000-11-09 07:47 PM

Ya know what ~ I'm really embarrassed to have my poems up here next to your masterpieces! lol   Seriously, your work is so impressive, and I am always so humbled by your way with words. You always remind me that I still have a lot of room for growth as a writer...maybe some day I'll be up to your level, or at least close to it. Don't wait too long to post again okay? We love you here  
~K~

~*Things you see the way you see them will never be seen again*~

~When it comes to me, you have to stretch your definition of normal a little bit.~

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

2 posted 2000-11-09 08:09 PM

"And I am here to claim what is rightfully mine ...
Here to claim what belongs to me and to noone else
Here to once again love myself"

Wow... this is a really powerful piece. I'm glad that you've decided to post your pieces again. You are a very talented writer, and I hope that we see more pieces like this (although this was well worth the wait!)

(PS- I also love how you've used Greek Mythology in this piece! I'm a buff!   )

False gems may shine as brightly as the genuine article, but there are always those who can tell the difference.

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
3 posted 2000-11-09 08:22 PM

Bravo Acire! Encore, encore!!! Wow ... such power coursing through these lines, and what a positive conclusion you've drawn ... just wonderful!  

Best wishes,
/Kit

sweetstuff101
since 2000-07-27
Posts 375
OK, USA
4 posted 2000-11-09 09:04 PM

wow....that was really moving. You speak from the heart, and sometimes I feel I am not always capable of doing that. I think you have some real talent here. this was excellent, BRAVO BRAVO!!!! Keep up the great work!!

Much Luv,
  Priscilla

~*~GoOd fRiEnDz ArE hArD 2 FiNd, HaRdEr 2 LeAvE, & iMpOsSiBlE 2 fOrGeT~*~tHe HaRdEsT tHiNg tO Do iS wAtCh tHe 1 U LuV, lUv sUm1 eLsE~*~

Child of the Stars
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-07
Posts 1658
Ann Arbor, MI
5 posted 2000-11-09 09:29 PM

Cripes, Acire, this was incredible. My law is dragging on the ground..Can I have your vocabulary for Christmas?????

~Carly

DancinQueen
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 1092
Kokomo,IN,USA
6 posted 2000-11-09 10:54 PM

Hey sweetheart!         This is wonderful. And thanks sooo much for dedicating it to me and the rest of the grls. (Hey grls by the waY!) And im soo sorry we dont get to talk as much as id like to, next time i PROMISE i wont be too busy to talk. Cause you always help me out with stuff, but im glad im able to help you out SOMEhow. But this was really awesome, and thanks again   and thank you for always being there for me. **And im with Child of the Stars on this one..can i have your vocabulary for christmas?   lol Keep up the great work, and im gettin that calling card before the end of the year LOL bye babe, have a good weekend!*

<3 ya always ¤Kiley¤
< !signature-->

"One fine day you'll look at me and know that love was meant to be"
~Carol King

[This message has been edited by DancinQueen (edited 11-09-2000).]

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
7 posted 2000-11-10 02:13 PM

thanks to all for your kind replies though i don't deserve all the praise you have bestowed upon me.

Lovebug --- Great to know someone else is into it too, I expect you then to know who Eros is.  I mean his Roman name  

Kiley --- sup sweets? seems like you are being way too sweet again.  I'm not complaining, don't mistake that.  I'm glad you liked it, I hope the others like it too.  And no, you ain't getting that for christmas, I have something else for ya.  On december 9th, I might get the chance to meet some people, i'll tell you who when i talk to you outside passions.  Hope you are a fan of all of em.  Get a clue now?  Thanks for the wonderful reply sweets.  You girls just make me smile....laugh too.  By the way, I think Erin is a clown cause she is hilarious --- he he he

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

branden726
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-25
Posts 607
Bay City, MI
8 posted 2000-11-10 03:27 PM

well if it took that  long well, it was worth it i mean this is wonderfull plz post all u can so i can enjoy some great poems

"put the name of the person u love, not in a heart because they alway break but put it in a circle which last forever"

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
9 posted 2000-11-10 11:12 PM

This is very well done, I like it a lot.  It's powerful and, and...really great (I'm sorry-I can't think of any huge words to say), good job

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

http://www.thehungersite.com

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
10 posted 2000-11-11 03:39 PM

Hey this was great. Look at all the feedback you got and I feel bad cuz it took me so long to reply. Great job acire!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
11 posted 2000-11-12 02:38 PM

thanks for the kind words guys, i appreciate all the kindness you people have said

hey Dopes, better late than never, right?

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
12 posted 2000-11-13 12:47 PM

Acire~
If you know it or not you have helped us too...Just by being there for us and talking to us...Letting us know that we have someone we could talk to...And Im sorry it took me so long to get to it...But here I am!!!

This was a great piece buddy...Its good that you are able to see what you are going through...I also agree with you about you saying that when you hurt let it out...Because it will haunt you until you let it out...

Thanks for sharing this with us...And again I am sorry it took forever for me to reply...

~*Love is sometimes like a rose. Beautiful in the beginning but dies in the end.*~

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
13 posted 2000-11-13 05:21 PM

I am bumping this up cuz this is a really good piece by Acire...And I want everyone to read it...And just cuz he dedicated it to me and the other 2 girls!!!

~*Love is sometimes like a rose. Beautiful in the beginning but dies in the end.*~

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
14 posted 2000-11-14 05:00 PM

thanks for your kind words Erin, but no one else wants to read my poem  

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
15 posted 2000-11-16 08:57 PM

sorry for the bump , but someone very important hasn't read the poem yet  

~*bump*~

IsGona
since 2000-07-14
Posts 723

16 posted 2000-11-16 11:00 PM

Well... I know I'm not who your waiting to reply but I would like to say that this was really an  exelent poem.  I'm very pleased that I decided to read it.  I hope that writtung this poem helped you sort through emotions.
IsGona

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
17 posted 2000-11-17 02:36 AM

Acire~
The people that havent respond must not have read it so they are missing out on a very good poem...Their loss not yours!!!

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
18 posted 2000-12-03 04:44 PM

thanks Ertin, but why doesn't Jess even bother with my poem anymore  

B@BYG!RL
since 2000-11-30
Posts 19
Australia
19 posted 2000-12-03 06:46 PM

WOW what a huge vocabulary, its all fitting though   Great poem!! once again, WOW!  

~Dianne

Don't frown, because you never know who's falling in love with your smile.

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
20 posted 2000-12-04 02:21 PM

Acire~
If I only knew what was going on I would tell you. But I havent heard from her in about 2 weeks and we used to talk everyday. Im sorry she wasnt able to read this. But just like I said its their loss not yours.
< !signature-->

People leave our lives as quickly as they come, but the ones that mean something leave footprints in our hearts.

[This message has been edited by ERIN (edited 12-04-2000).]

Ceinwyn
Member Elite
since 2000-07-09
Posts 2175
VA
21 posted 2000-12-04 02:50 PM

Hi, It's been awhile since I've been on here to check out ppls poems and my own and what a huge surprise I read your replies, thanks I'm quite modest and all don't think they're all that great but I truly love yours, you have the real talent trust me, sometimes the words just don't quite come to me..*sigh* well I better be off..take care

Love,
Kristen

"Last Christmas I gave you my heart but the very next day you gave it away, this year I'll give it to someone special..."

Greeneyes617
since 2000-11-22
Posts 329
Arkansas
22 posted 2000-12-04 07:05 PM

WOW! This is awesome. Very well done. Don't stop posting! You are wonderful at expressing yourself through writting.
Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
23 posted 2000-12-13 07:04 PM

thanks Kristen --- believe me, i do adore your poems very much.

thnkas for the reply greeneyes --- im looking forward to reading your poems too

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » It's Been a Long Time Since Ive Posted a Poem, so Here it is

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary