navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » To my Friend...
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic To my Friend... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Yankee10n20BFF
since 2000-11-02
Posts 27
T-Town, AL

0 posted 2000-11-08 08:00 PM

I know this is another poem for a friend. Sorry! But friends are the most important thing to me because they keep me going and in the right track. Hope you like this one!

To My Friend

To my friend as you move on with your life
Just a few words that come from my heart.
We met for the first time 4 years ago
I knew we would be good friends from the start.

We've played ball together for the past 2 years
They've been the best 2 years I've had.
Thanks for all the fun memories
I'll never forget all the times we've had.

You've been there for me when I needed someone to  talk to
I know I can turn to you when things are going wrong
You give me the advice that I need
I don't know what the h*** I'm gonna do when you're gone.

I want you to know that I'm here for you
Just like you've been here for me
I pray that our friendship will last forever
I guess in time we will see.

I'm really going to miss you when you move away
I wish you luck in everything you do
I just want you to know how much you mean to me
And to tell you I'm always here for you.

No matter what you are going through, all you have to do is close your eyes and dream cause no one can take them away from you.

© Copyright 2000 Yankee - All Rights Reserved
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 posted 2000-11-08 08:48 PM

Another wonderful tribute to your friend. Its sad when one has to move away from friends. Soon enough i'll be faced with that burden due to being a senior. Oh well....such is life and life keeps going!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
2 posted 2000-11-08 08:48 PM

Aww hun...this is so nice!! I think you should definately show it to your friend, i'm shur she'd love to read it and would appreciate it greatly!! Good job!!
Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
3 posted 2000-11-09 03:31 PM

Friends are important to have, this poem is very good.  It tells how true of a friend you are, nicely done

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

http://www.thehungersite.com

sweetstuff101
since 2000-07-27
Posts 375
OK, USA
4 posted 2000-11-09 04:08 PM

That was awesome!! I think friends are really important to everyone, and you can never tell them how much they mean to you too much. I tell them as often as I can, because I think they really need to know. well your poem was great, keep writing!!

Luv,
SweetStuff

~*~ YeStErDaY iS tHe PaSt, 2mOrRoW iS ThE fUtUrE, ToDaY iS a GiFt, ThAt'S wHy We CaLl iT ThE pReSeNt. ~*~

apsara
since 2000-11-09
Posts 70

5 posted 2000-11-10 05:54 AM

Losing a friend or knowing you are going to lose your best friend is a harsh thing to face up to. I think your friend'll love this poem and yeah, friends are the most important thing to me too. Coincidentally, my best friends of four years and I are going separate ways at the end of this year. Tough luck but if its meant to be, we'll always find ways to stay in touch.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » To my Friend...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary