navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » My secret
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic My secret Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
liqwidnik
since 2000-11-04
Posts 33
Mantua, NJ, USA

0 posted 2000-11-05 10:40 PM

I have a secret
I want you to know
But how do I tell you?
I don't know

This I have known
for years on end
Behind your back I've done this
yet you haven't caught on

I'm not like other girls
I'm not ashamed though
You will not like it
You will disown me

No longer will I be
the daughter you know and love
no longer will I shine
the same way in your eyes

My sexuality is of question
I know what it is
You think you know but you don't
you hurt me with the things you say

Why can't I be open?
Why must you hate what I am?
You say so many hurtful things
I hate you
I hope you die!

Accept me for who I am!
[edited] you mom!
[edited] you dad!

Accept me
Love me
Know me
Please don't disown me

Please don't disown me
Please don't leave me
Just accept me
I am who I am

I'm still the same
But different
In your eyes

< !signature-->

"We can not truely love someone with whom we never laugh"- Agnes Repplier

[This message has been edited by Kit McCallum (edited 11-06-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Nicole Novak - All Rights Reserved
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 posted 2000-11-06 01:26 AM

Oh well it seems that your secret seems to be an in-the-closet sort of thing. Well I think thats ok with me.

But about the poem, you're going to get in trouble with the profanity. You're not alloud to disguise a word with an astrix....

good poem though!

"I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust."

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
2 posted 2000-11-06 06:01 AM

You've expressed some incredibly strong emotions in this LiqwidNik ... I do hope you will be able to talk to your parents and let them know how you are feeling. They may not be aware how badly you are hurting.

Best wishes,
/Kit

Please note that I was required to edit out the profanity, as it is not allowed in the guidelines, even disguised with symbols.

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
3 posted 2000-11-06 03:01 PM

If this is from your life (which I'm guessing but am pretty sure it is), I hope that your parents come to love you for who you are, not who they think you should be.  You are you, and I hope they realize this.  This poem seemed to show anger but now that I think about it, it seems more like sadness.  You really want for your parents to accept you.  Well expressed poem, it's good writing!

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
4 posted 2000-11-07 06:39 PM

give your parents a little time.  not all people react the same way to situations you know.  it's probably initial shock.  You have to remember that parents also have dreams for their children. There is nothing wrong with that.  Give them some time, let it sink in, see what happens after that.

Thanks for sharing this really emotional poem.  keep sharing

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

curlygurly
since 2000-09-12
Posts 276
USA
5 posted 2000-11-07 06:42 PM

I totally agree with acire, parents are weird like that. they take a long time to adjust to new situations, as if it were a part of growing old or something. i'm glad that you were open enough to post your secret and to tell your parents about it. Hope everything turns out ok  
Curly

"So many tears i've cried, so much pain inside"
-Lenny Kravitz

Tamma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-01-17
Posts 794
In His Arms, Harpers Ferry, WV
6 posted 2000-11-07 07:00 PM

Heh...your talking about me, right?  Totally seems like it, I am a bi-sexual and at the moment, I am totally happy with my boyfriend. Its possible to be "normal" even if you question your sexuality...when I first told people my boyfriend(at the time) looked at me and said "You haven't done anything about it have you?" like it was wrong to be attracted to a girl. this poem had the exact emotion I was feeling that day.  he made me feel like I was going to go to hell...I mean, its not my fault that I've had those feelings, I mean, for as long as I can remember I knew something wasnt right about me, I tried to be a boy, I knew I was a girl, but I always wanted to be a boy. But now that I've found such a wonderful boyfriend, I don't really think about that much anymore

Good Luck!! You might need it.
~*~ Tamma ~*~

< !signature-->

If you love someone dont put their name in a heart,
put their name in a circle, because a heart can be broken
but a circle is continious.

[This message has been edited by Tamma (edited 11-07-2000).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » My secret

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary