navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Modern Love
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Modern Love Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Rhiannon
since 1999-07-28
Posts 95
Fayetteville, TN USA

0 posted 2000-11-05 05:38 PM

I lay here thinking
Of how it will be
When we're
All grown up
Will we last through
Morgages and jobs and kids
Will the passsion we feel when we kiss
Remain for all those years?
Will the plans we're making so earnestly
Really come to fruition?
The love i feel is unquestionable,
Unrelenting, real
But will the foundations we're laying
Be strong enough to hold our lives
Up, till death do us part?
Will we learn that you can't win
By following a passionate heart?
Or instead, will we prove them wrong
Show them that we are strong
That we were never just a teenage tryst
Two shadows meeting in the mist
But a loving, working, modern love
Balancing the odds, showing them all
That it's possible to find the love of your dreams
Before you're old enough to know what it means?

© Copyright 2000 Rhiannon - All Rights Reserved
curlygurly
since 2000-09-12
Posts 276
USA
1 posted 2000-11-05 07:44 PM

Great poem rhiannon. i think that this is always a question that comes up during a teenage relationship and it's something to consider. but don't worry about it. you're young and you'll have the rest of ur life to think that that  
Curly

"So many tears i've cried, so much pain inside"
-Lenny Kravitz

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 posted 2000-11-06 01:11 AM

Well modern love.......i don't think that there ever was a fashion in love. I think love is something that's basically been the way it was since the dawn of time. I think teenage love is just something that is a bit more complex than other ages because not only do we have to deal with what older couples do.....but we're all confused and messed up with questions on if this is "true love" we're feeling and so on....bla blabla i ramble bla blabla i ramble more bla bla.

good poem!

"I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust."

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
3 posted 2000-11-06 02:37 PM

Hey, really good poem here, I like it! These are some interesting questions that everyone will have to answer for themselves someday, good thoughts!  For some reason I just really love this line:

"Two shadows meeting in the mist"

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

Slim
since 2000-07-19
Posts 49
Kentucky, USA
4 posted 2000-11-06 09:21 PM

i really liked this...the same questions that many teens ask repeatedly over and over again. gives a teen relationship something to think about every once in a while. thanx for sharing.. great work!!  

"just because you dont know it or havent seen it, doesnt mean it isnt possible"

Rhiannon
since 1999-07-28
Posts 95
Fayetteville, TN USA
5 posted 2000-11-09 05:49 PM

Thank you all.
Kandi
since 2000-06-14
Posts 354
North of Hell
6 posted 2000-11-09 07:18 PM

Wow, i loved this! Such a true poem - I'm so cheesy, I always wanted the one I end up with in life to be my high school sweetheart cuz I think it'd be so cute lol. But don't try to rush anything or worry too much about the future. Enjoy your young relationship, and if it's meant to be it will last   Teens are just as capable of being in love as adults, maybe even more so, so don't let anyone tell you it's just "puppy love" (I hate that expression!) Good luck and all the best  
~Kris

~*Things you see the way you see them will never be seen again*~

~When it comes to me, you have to stretch your definition of normal a little bit.~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Modern Love

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary