navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Memory of you (pls read)
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Memory of you (pls read) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
sweetstuff101
since 2000-07-27
Posts 375
OK, USA

0 posted 2000-11-04 01:22 AM

Memory of you

In a fight
For who knows how long
I'm giving you space
I'm trying to be strong
Every time I see you
I put on a deceptive smile
I begin to laugh
And joke for a while
Until your gone
And I can't smile anymore
Because smiling in the first place
Was a very hard chore
You were my best friend
You helped me more than you'll ever know
My secrets were safe with you
I prayed you'd never go
You were there when he broke my heart
You were there when I needed to cry
You were always there
I never wondered why
But things change
And people make mistakes
My heart does pay
Every time it breaks
It falls to pieces
And drops to the floor
Each time I am reminded
I won't see you anymore
But you don't know
That I will always be your friend
Even though our friendship
Has come to its dejected end
I wish I could open your eyes
I wish you could see me cry
There are so many things I need to explain
For so many reasons why
I'm left standing here
So alone, without a clue
And all I still have
Is this memory of you.
< !signature-->

~*~ YeStErDaY iS tHe PaSt, 2mOrRoW iS ThE fUtUrE, ToDaY iS a GiFt, ThAt'S wHy We CaLl iT ThE pReSeNt. ~*~

[This message has been edited by sweetstuff101 (edited 11-04-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Priscilla - All Rights Reserved
LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

1 posted 2000-11-04 09:47 AM

This is such a sad poem. It's awful to lose a friend, and I hope writing this helped some of the pain. Although friendships may hit rough spots, they can never really end. I hope that you and your friend work things out.

False gems may shine as brightly as the genuine article, but there are always those who can tell the difference.

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
2 posted 2000-11-04 10:45 AM

Sweetstuff~Hopefully things will turn out good as it did with me and my best friend...Its hard losing someone really close to...And I know how you feel...Sometimes you just got to let go...I wish you the best...If you ever wanna talk emmail me!!!

By the way good poem!!!

~*Love is sometimes like a rose. Beautiful in the beginning but dies in the end.*~

Yankee10n20BFF
since 2000-11-02
Posts 27
T-Town, AL
3 posted 2000-11-04 10:49 AM

I thought this was a great poem. I think you aught to give this to your friend. I know what it feels like to lose a friend....you just feel like no one wants you anymore and you don't know know why. Anywasys, I loved it!

No matter what you are going through, all you have to do is close your eyes and dream cause no one can take them away from you.

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 posted 2000-11-04 12:58 PM

Yea it's pretty bad when you lose a friend. I hope things get better though, I'd hate to see you be all depressed and stuff.
get better and keep writing!

"I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust."

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

curlygurly
since 2000-09-12
Posts 276
USA
5 posted 2000-11-04 02:10 PM

this was such a sad poem. i don't really know what to say, i've never lost anyone, well i wasn't old enough to know about my cousin. keep smiling, and remember that you should never forget your best friend, keep her in your heart, that's where mine will always be.  
Curlz

"So many tears i've cried, so much pain inside"
-Lenny Kravitz

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
6 posted 2000-11-04 02:42 PM

This really is a very sad poem....I've lost a few best friends, not to fights but just growing apart but during that time i often felt exactly what you described. Its one of the most horrible things to lose a friend and its such a hard adjustment. But everything happens for a reason ya know?? Well i hope that everything works out for the better and great poem hun.
sweetypie5
since 2000-10-06
Posts 97
MWC,OK,USA
7 posted 2000-11-04 04:48 PM

Hey you are not alone!!! I am here!!! I know what you are going through!!! So don't cry you be alright!!!! buh bye

When boys are four they will give you thier gum, but when they are forteen they won't even give you the time of day...

sweetstuff101
since 2000-07-27
Posts 375
OK, USA
8 posted 2000-11-05 01:23 AM

thanx for the replies everyone!!

~*~ YeStErDaY iS tHe PaSt, 2mOrRoW iS ThE fUtUrE, ToDaY iS a GiFt, ThAt'S wHy We CaLl iT ThE pReSeNt. ~*~

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
9 posted 2000-11-05 11:58 AM

Not the happiest of poems, but who said they have to be?  I think it's well expressed and I hope something can be worked out.  Good poem

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
10 posted 2000-11-06 05:28 PM

When everything doesn't seem like it's going your direction, out of the blue, things will change.  Hope you give this tribut to her, show her how your really feel. Thanks for sharing

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Slim
since 2000-07-19
Posts 49
Kentucky, USA
11 posted 2000-11-06 09:48 PM

it must be horrible to lose someone so close to you. it really makes me think of how important close friends really are, and to be without them just doesnt seem possible until it actually happens. great job.. hope everything gets better!

"just because you dont know it or havent seen it, doesnt mean it isnt possible"

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Memory of you (pls read)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary