navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » To the harsh critics to destroy poets
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic To the harsh critics to destroy poets Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada

0 posted 2000-11-05 03:46 PM

The souls of those
who see the world
with a black veil
sheltering their
eyes
do not know the pain
they cause others
standing in a row
swaying as if they
were druken sailors
pushing me into a
deeper hole
toying with my heart
playing a tug of war
with my soul
they are the critics who
cause such pain to poets,
to writers, to philosphers,
and those who aren't cold
hearted,
they are the ones we
fear in our dreams,
they take away are
imagination and
our creative nature

~Ina~
This is dedicated to all of you we are destroying my poetry, you may not reply. but i am not afraid of u! anymore!

© Copyright 2000 Regina Levy - All Rights Reserved
Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada
1 posted 2000-11-05 03:49 PM

sorry guys i wrote the title wrong its "to the harsh critics who destroy poets"
Ina

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
2 posted 2000-11-05 03:56 PM

I think what you said is very true, we fear critics sometimes and they can change our work into something that we don't want it to be.  The way your note at the end is written is kind of confusing to me, can you please explain it?
"This is dedicated to all of you we are destroying my poetry, you may not reply. but i am not afraid of u! anymore!"
But anyway, nice job on the poem, I think it's done well.

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

Nikkisweet
since 2000-02-14
Posts 183
Tx, Dallas
3 posted 2000-11-05 03:59 PM

I think this poem was really good.  I think that if you don't reply to someone's poem it'll just bring that person that wrote it have lower self asteem.  Also though, some people may not respond to them because they don't know what to say.  I'm sorry you feel hurt and this is the first time I've ever read one of your poems.  I really enjoyed it and I think that you have a very good way of expressing yourself.  Just look at both sides of your situation...think about why they wouldn't reply, but then it always makes someone feel good the more replys they have.  I know it does me!

~Guys are like stars,
there are millions
of them, but only
one can make you dreams
come true~

Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada
4 posted 2000-11-05 04:10 PM

Hey lakewalker,
whats up?well then end of my poem goes out to a couple of ppl who really dont like what i write and im not afaraid of them anymore,
i like it when u guys reply......u guys r "tight"as someone i know would say
Ina
PS i like when ppl reply who doesnt?the poem wasnt about that really though

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 posted 2000-11-05 04:22 PM

Ina this was a great hey-leave-us-poets-alone-because-we're-people-and-we-don't-like-you kinda poem. haha....did that make sense? I don't know....but great job nonetheless!

"I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust."

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

6 posted 2000-11-05 05:20 PM

This is a really good piece. I know what it's like to have to face critics. (I live in a housefull!) All you can do is keep on writing and prove them all wrong, which you are obviously doing. They are the ones that are missing out, so don't worry about them.

False gems may shine as brightly as the genuine article, but there are always those who can tell the difference.

Rhiannon
since 1999-07-28
Posts 95
Fayetteville, TN USA
7 posted 2000-11-05 05:46 PM

I just wanted to say I know how you feel, but not everyone understands the emotions a poet can put into his or her words.  Remember that there will always be someone out there that hears what you are saying and appreciates it.  
love
leslie

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
8 posted 2000-11-05 06:59 PM

Remember to write for yourself first, and know that many may read even if they don't respond. It is a lesson we all eventually have to learn Ina, and it is no reflection on a poets works. Sometimes friendships have grown on forums and  then responses are many. I have not been here to read many of the teens poetry, but I will now, because I felt this way when I first began writing and didn't understand that the importance of writing is to touch even one person and also to release  what is inside you as a sensitive person. huggz..I hope  you  understand my words. And to anyone who says they don't like what you write without  explaining why..well I would suggest that they are very impolite and have no manners and shouldn't be listened to anyway.

~Wynter Bliss
*also it helps to respond to others ... I don't know if you do or not..just a suggestion  

"The worst prison would be a closed heart".
...Pope John Paul II

curlygurly
since 2000-09-12
Posts 276
USA
9 posted 2000-11-05 07:37 PM

Great poem ina, i hate it when people criticize me and i start to feel bad about myself. hopefully it doens't get to you as bad as it gets to me.  
Curly

"So many tears i've cried, so much pain inside"
-Lenny Kravitz

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
10 posted 2000-11-05 09:24 PM

I posted twice...sorry!!

[This message has been edited by xShUgArHiGhx (edited 11-05-2000).]

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
11 posted 2000-11-05 09:27 PM

Aww hun...there are always gonna be critics out there. Everyone has different opinions so its inevitable that your gonna get hit with a few not-so-nice remarks every now and then but what doesnt kill you only makes you stronger right? You said it yourself, your not afraid of those kind of people anymore and you shouldnt be! Your who you are and you write how you want and you should be damn proud of it cause thats what makes you who u are. Kick ass poem!!
Jose Marti
since 2000-07-01
Posts 374
washing DC
12 posted 2000-11-05 09:44 PM

great poem
I liked it a lot
some poeple just don't value what a poet writes.

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
13 posted 2000-11-06 05:54 PM

I'm just hoping that I'm not included in that list.  I really don't know if I have missed your poems or not.  Most of the time, I don't look at the poets name.  If I have made the mistake of not replying to your poems, it's not something done intentionally, but just out of coincidence.

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Child of the Stars
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-07
Posts 1658
Ann Arbor, MI
14 posted 2000-11-06 07:09 PM

Hey. I tink dat I may be one of those peeps on your 'harsh critics list'...I just wanna say that I don't try to be harsh at all! I just care about people too much or something...and I apoligize for any hurt I caused. Anyways, I liked the poem. And if I'm not on that 'list', it just seems better to apologize. So I'm sorry, sorry that you had to endure mean words.  

~Carly

Slim
since 2000-07-19
Posts 49
Kentucky, USA
15 posted 2000-11-06 10:05 PM

this was a great poem. dont ever let people get in the way of your true feelings and emotions cause they help make you who you are.. writing does. i know how you feel. people dont necessarily have to criticize others work directly to show that they dont think highly of it. But it just shows how little minds they have!!   great job!

"just because you dont know it or havent seen it, doesnt mean it isnt possible"

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » To the harsh critics to destroy poets

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary