navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » This one is about the same friendship. please give some advice!
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic This one is about the same friendship. please give some advice! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Yankee10n20BFF
since 2000-11-02
Posts 27
T-Town, AL

0 posted 2000-11-03 05:14 PM

Why?

We were best friends
almost like sisters
I talked to you about everything
and you always listened

We used to hang out
and act crazy all the time
Never had to go anywhere
Just hanging out was cool

I remember all the fun times we had
all the wild things we did
You used to always be there for me
Why do things have to change?

Now everytime I wanna call you
I feel like I'd be a burden
I feel like I'm just in the way
like you want me vanished from your life.

Why do you ignore me and act like you never knew me?
Why are you doing this to me?
What do I have to do to make you see
I still wanna be your friend?

I don't know why you don't wanna be friends anymore
and why you won't even speak to me.
Are you ashamed of me?
Do you hate me that much?

You still are my best friend for life
even though you might not care
I'll never give up on our friendship
even if you already have.

My best friend in life went off to college about 2 hrs away from here. We still talk and stuff but my heart it still broken. It has been almost 3 months and I just can't seem to move on!! Any advice?

© Copyright 2000 Yankee - All Rights Reserved
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 posted 2000-11-03 06:07 PM

Well if she's only 2hrs away then i see no reason why you're heart should be completely broken as it seems to be and such. It seems as if she doesn't want to be your friend, whereas, she just went to college and is having this bright new experience. First off, you should be proud of her and happy she's getting a wonderful education. Second off, visit her and tell her to visit you. Spend some time together. Cuz look, i live in Puerto Rico......an island in the caribbean.....i have about 400 friends in the united states give or take. I'd like to visit every single one of them but i can't because im trapped on this piece of land surrounded by water. If i had friends 2hrs away i'd drive my little butt off and be there! I'm almost off to college and i'll be within 8hrs of most of the friends....so my track of mine is.....i'm willing to drive 8hrs for them cuz compared to THIS.....that's NOTHING.....
I don't know , this is advice coming from an islander who can only see his fellow islanders.....good poem though.

"I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust."

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
2 posted 2000-11-03 07:32 PM

I dont know how much advice i can offer...i'm only 15 and dont know much about the whole departure of friends going to college and how it effects you. One of my best friends in the world is 18 and i was lucky enough to have him commute to college...but i do know that almost all his friends went far away. Things definately did change between them, he felt like he grew completely apart from them...only talking  to them on the phone once or twice a month...but their memories still live on and their still friends. The whole experience of being away at college is shocking and overwhelming to begin with as any new and exciting thing would be, and i can imagine poeple get wrapped up in it like she probably did. If it really bothers you and you feel like your completely losing sight of your friendship then talk to her more...if you guys are true friends, burdening them wouldnt even be a consideration, pick up that phone and call, how could she not want to hear from you? Or do like Dopey said...suggest a visit and get back to old times for a few days. Well i hope everything works out great...good poem but i'm sorry things are like that for you.
keoni
since 2000-10-16
Posts 850
Up in the mountains in the NFC
3 posted 2000-11-03 07:54 PM

Let me look at it from the other perspective. I just started college, and all of my closest friends( graduated or still in school are about 2 hrs. away) I also work so I don't have a whole lot of time to visit them. When you move you do meet new people and you lose a little bit with you old friends, but I haven't lost it completely. My friends that are graduated. I call, or they call, and we see each other when we can. My friends in High School call when they can and I'll even go up and catch a game with them or something. If you guys were truly best friends then she will not be burdened by you calling. Don't over do it, you guys will have less to talk about now, but still call. Don't write it off because you don't know. And if you don't know, it could never hurt to ask.
                                 Keoni

Yankee10n20BFF
since 2000-11-02
Posts 27
T-Town, AL
4 posted 2000-11-03 09:06 PM

Thank you all sooo much for the advice. I moved away from my best friends a few years ago and it just seems like the same thing is happening except for the fact that she moved this time. I know that she is making new friends and and stuff and I think that it is great and I am very proud of her. We still keep in touch and all but it just isn't the same. We play softball together and I thought that last season was our last together but she is coming back for this season. I know that we will have to say good-bye all over again at the end of it and I just don't think I could go through it again ya know. Anyways, thank you all for the advice.  Yankee

No matter what you are going through, all you have to do is close your eyes and dream cause no one can take them away from you.

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
5 posted 2000-11-03 10:28 PM

Fading friendships suck...My best friend of 5 years has been acting differnt lately...And the only thing that I can do about it is not care anymore...She acts like I am an inconvience to her and since she acts that way I show it...I ask her to do something and the faces she makes when she answers is saying something different...We had a fight to where we stopped talking for awhile...Then we became they way we once were...It was hard giving up on her...But then things changed once again...And the same problems are arising again...I honestly dont know what to say or what help to give you...I wish I knew what to do that way I could help myself out and you...But until that time comes you have to listen to what your heart tells you to do...Shes not that far away from you...But things do change once you move away...And its hard but let nature take its course and things will turn out how they are supposed to be...

Thanks for sharing this with us...I hope that you keep posting here...I really enjoyed this one...It opened my eyes and showed me that I am not the only one that feels I am losing someone close to me...If you ever wanna talk my email is posted above...

~*Love is sometimes like a rose. Beautiful in the beginning but dies in the end.*~

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

6 posted 2000-11-04 11:41 AM

When someone goes to college, it's a huge change for them. They have a lot of things going on, and a lot of pressure. My sister is in college, and things between us have never been the same since. But I know that she has a lot to live up to (she has to keep a 3.5 GPA), and she doesn't always have time to look back at what she left behind. It does hurt to be the one that is left behind, but all you can do is let your friend know that you'll always be there for her. This is a major life change, and things will never be exactly the same as they were before. But you can always be there for each other.

False gems may shine as brightly as the genuine article, but there are always those who can tell the difference.

curlygurly
since 2000-09-12
Posts 276
USA
7 posted 2000-11-04 02:43 PM

well it seems that if you two are best friends then you always will be. she's only 2 hours away! we moved 2 hours away from where we lived. my grandparents still live there and i see them all the time. you could visit her or email or even buy a phone card and call her. if you are that close than 2 hours isn't enogh to keep you apart. if katie, my best friend, moved 2 hours away i know we'd still be in contact cuz we've known eachother for almost 6 years. talk to her and let her know that you feel this way. i know you can work it out  
Curlz

"So many tears i've cried, so much pain inside"
-Lenny Kravitz

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
8 posted 2000-11-04 07:02 PM

Wow, these are some long replies, I feel pressure to write a lot.  This poem is a good expression of your feelings!  I have had friends go off to college.  They're in a different world and you have to realize that things are changing for them.  But with technology and the fact that it's only two hours away, if you still want to be her friend and have her be yours, you are going to have to work at it.  So don't give up   

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

Yankee10n20BFF
since 2000-11-02
Posts 27
T-Town, AL
9 posted 2000-11-04 09:32 PM

Thank you all SO much. This really made me think and I realize how luck I am to have her as my best friend. So thank you all!

Yankee

No matter what you are going through, all you have to do is close your eyes and dream cause no one can take them away from you.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » This one is about the same friendship. please give some advice!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary