navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » A Girl's Dream Life
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Girl's Dream Life Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
curlygurly
since 2000-09-12
Posts 276
USA

0 posted 2000-11-01 07:14 PM

She's born,and everyone adores her
The first granddaughter
First Niece to her aunts
And her parent's first daughter

She lives a happy childhood
Afternoons in the park
Celebrating birthdays
And playing until dark

Her teenage life is full of drama
With a full social life
Girls want her at their parties
And guys want her for a wife

She goes off to college
Alongside her high school love
And she's so popular
Like she's sent from above

She's engaged to her first love
About 25 years old
They set the wedding date
And everyone is told

They raise a family together
In the most beautiful house
She was never lonely
And dies sleeping quiet as a mouse

"So many tears i've cried, so much pain inside"
-Lenny Kravitz

© Copyright 2000 curlygurly - All Rights Reserved
Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

1 posted 2000-11-01 08:47 PM

Hmm...the perfect life..has it ever happened?  I doubt it, hey don't feel too bad, it all happens for a reason, lol.  Great girl keep it up
Bel

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
2 posted 2000-11-01 09:25 PM

Curly~
This kind of life would be just perfect...If only it could be just as perfect as this...Only in the fairy tales though...Good job!!!

~*Love is sometimes like a rose. Beautiful in the beginning but dies in the end.*~

cutie2005
since 2000-04-30
Posts 148
Bennett, Colorado USA
3 posted 2000-11-01 10:21 PM

This is a great poem!! I liked it.. Really catchy, and dreamy.  Even though I would picture my dream life just to be normal.. hehe but most to dream of what you had just wrote!! Good job, hope to hear more!!
Luv ya,
  cutie

If you love someone you would go to the end of the world for them!

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
4 posted 2000-11-02 03:32 PM

I am not and have never been a little girl, so I don't know if this would be my dream life   I think this certianly would fit society's view of a dream life.  Good job on the poem   And I noticed something, you spend a lot of time in the youth, up to marraige, and then skip to death.  I'm sure something must go on between marraige and death   But good poem

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 posted 2000-11-02 06:25 PM

I liked this. I haven't been a girl either, ok well maybe once! But anyway....SHHHHHHH!!
But this poem was great, a wonderful, idealistic portrayal of what "should be". BUt hey.......life licks sometimes and it doesnt quite turn out so peachy keen. But great job!

"I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust."

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
6 posted 2000-11-03 09:35 AM

Nicely put curly.  That would be very hard to achieve though.  Life is never perfect.  Without obstacles in life, how would you know what is good and what is bad.  Without pain and suffering, how would you know how it feels to be happy....you see were I'm getting at?  It's all the hardships in life that allows us to appreciate the good things.  If everything was good, how would we even know it was good at all?  We would just consider it part of life, nothing else.  It won't be appreciated as much.

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » A Girl's Dream Life

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary