navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » moonlight
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic moonlight Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
emptyness
since 2000-03-09
Posts 95
mobile,Ala,USA

0 posted 2000-11-01 04:09 PM

moonlight pounds upon my back as i run along
the shore
i depend upon the cloak or night and the cries of the sea to hide me from the evil that hunts me
i can feel it gaining speed behind me
i can feel it grow in strength
i smell its foul odor and can fell its breath
stumbling into the cold waters and look up to see the thing that i tried to run away from
so hard i had run and so scared i was to see it
i saw myself   and i cried
i saw the pain and hatred i had instelled into peoples lives  i saw the tears they shed  i saw the blood i had spilt  i saw where i had left them when thay needed me most
i saw myself and died

"scribere iussit amor" love commanded me to write
"Cogito ergo sum"-I think, therefore I exist

© Copyright 2000 emptyness - All Rights Reserved
Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
1 posted 2000-11-01 04:41 PM

There were a few typos in this, but other than that I think it's good   The meaning behind it, the self reflection, is very good.  Most people have things in their past that they'd rather not have catch up with them, so I'm sure people can relate to this.  I wonder though, is what you've done really so bad that you'd die?  Well anyway, good job.

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

branden726
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-25
Posts 607
Bay City, MI
2 posted 2000-11-01 05:08 PM

hey good poem sounds like somthin from the heart and i like it dont worry about the typos we all know what u mean

"put the name of the person u love, not in a heart because they alway break but put it in a circle which last forever"

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 posted 2000-11-01 05:42 PM

This was great......feeling a little regret arent we? Well i mean........i hope things are ok and stuff. Don't die......face it and ...well......say sorry or something.

"I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust."

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

curlygurly
since 2000-09-12
Posts 276
USA
4 posted 2000-11-01 06:54 PM

WOW this was AWESOME! I had to read it twice to fully get it but it was great. I like how you set it up like something was chasing you but in reality it was just haunting you, LIKE A METAPHOR. wow i got that(english class). great poem, keep it up  
Curlz

"So many tears i've cried, so much pain inside"
-Lenny Kravitz

pharon
since 1999-11-13
Posts 251
alabama
5 posted 2000-11-02 12:00 PM

this is so incredibly insightful and deep that any response i give to it will seem shallow.  all i can say is that you left me speechless (once again) you are an incredible poet!  

pharon

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
6 posted 2000-11-02 10:03 PM

This is different. Regret or remorse is obviously present in this piece.  I like the decriptive ways you brought us to imagine in this poem.  Great job...thanks for sharing

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » moonlight

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary