navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Time
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Time Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
peanogrl83
since 1999-12-04
Posts 202

0 posted 2000-10-25 10:04 PM

Oh bother, another dumb poem from me. If only I had true inspiration like the rest of the forum's participants.... lol.
Vreni

Time

The clock’s steady tick refuses to wait,
As time’s pounding beats reverberate.
Drumming, leaping, it drains my sanity,
I sigh at this new Inadvertent calamity.
Each pulse reminds me of who I am not,
Struggling, in past’s web I am caught.
The Hourglass fell, shattered long ago
In my mind, the sand’s trail ceased to flow.
But reality, as always, my mind does ignore,
Despite unwinding pleas, all that I implore.
History’s cadence continues, marches by,
A nightmares that dances before mine eyes.
As each second dashes away from the present,
Falls at the future, exhausted and spent.

© Copyright 2000 peanogrl83 - All Rights Reserved
jeremydraul
since 2000-08-01
Posts 1118
State of Despair
1 posted 2000-10-25 10:27 PM

well, if you wrote this without inspiration, your awfully special, great peice here, i loved how you tied in the time  
This was amazing:
"The Hourglass fell, shattered long ago
In my mind, the sand’s trail ceased to flow."

jeremy r

"...if you've never met me, then you've no right to judge me. I have a good heart, but this heart can get ugly." ~DMX~

sweetstuff101
since 2000-07-27
Posts 375
OK, USA
2 posted 2000-10-26 07:35 AM

that was awesome!! I loved it!!

"The clock’s steady tick refuses to wait,
As time’s pounding beats reverberate.
Drumming, leaping, it drains my sanity,"

that is my favorite part. great work, keep writing!!

Luv,
  ~*~SweetStuff~*~

~*~ YeStErDaY iS tHe PaSt, 2mOrRoW iS ThE fUtUrE, ToDaY iS a GiFt, ThAt'S wHy We CaLl iT ThE pReSeNt. ~*~

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
3 posted 2000-10-26 10:19 AM

I don't know why you don't think this is good at all.  I can't wait to see you write when you are inspired.

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 posted 2000-10-26 04:31 PM

Acire we well never see a poem in which she likes. Every single poem in which i have read starts out with a little note saying "oh this is dumb" or something like that. So yea, obviously we all think it's great and it TRULY IS, but hey.....she's hard on herself.......as we all might be.
I know I am. There is not a poem that i've ever written that i've liked to perfection.
I, and maybe she's like me, view writing like a surfer views a wave.
You know that PERFECT wave surfers are always talking about? The one that you'll never forget riding....the one that could kill you but didn't and the rush was so great? Yea, im waiting for that perfect poem.
Maybe she is too.

"I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust."

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

peanogrl83
since 1999-12-04
Posts 202

5 posted 2000-10-27 04:42 PM

Jeremy - lol, thanks. One who writes w/out inspiration is just dull, my dear. (An apt description for myself... lol.

Sweetstuff- Thanks for the reply!

acire-...see, THAT'S the problem - There IS no inspired Vreni. lol. thanks for the compliments and the reply!

Dopey - LOL. Indeed, I do believe your wave analogy is a good one for the most part. Except, I'm on the verge of giving up on waiting for that poem, mainly due to the fact I've yet to write anything even remotely good. lol. But thanks for replying, as you always do(and I appreciate it greatly!) ! :.)

Vreni

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
6 posted 2000-10-27 04:48 PM

Ahhhhhhhh!!!  Stop saying your poems are not good.  Just stop!!  They are good.  You may not like them but they are good.  This one had a really good flow and you make it seem so dramatic.  Nicely done

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

Child of the Stars
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-07
Posts 1658
Ann Arbor, MI
7 posted 2000-10-28 01:55 PM

Hey. You wanna know what I liked about this?? EVERY SINGLE LINE. You've got talent, don't waste it. You're allowed to admit that something you do is good!! heh..well stay cool. see ya..

~Carly

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Time

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary