navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Coming back for more (please read, need some feedback today!)
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Coming back for more (please read, need some feedback today!) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
keoni
since 2000-10-16
Posts 850
Up in the mountains in the NFC

0 posted 2000-10-25 05:09 PM

This is about the same girl that I have written all my recent poetry/songs about. I am going out with someone else today, and she is a little sad/jealous. I'm still in love with her, and I need to tell her. I am going to mail this to her, well based on the responses I get.

Last time I did it wrong
Don’t even know what I did right
I was acting like a fool
Didn’t do anything but fight
As soon as you walked in the door
You were ready to settle the score
Letting it eat at you all day
Trying to figure out what to say
Cause you knew that when you came
I would be ready to place the blame
But girl it went both ways
Now I’m trying to get you to stay

I’m coming back for you
I know this love must be true
We both got hurt once before
I’ll understand if you’re quite unsure
But baby, I’m coming back for more

We all know times get tough
You may feel you’ve had enough
I could give up, turn, and walk
Forget about you and never talk
It could all be so easy
Get over you, you walk away from me
Then I’ll realize that you’re the one
I’ll have missed out on all the fun
So there’s no way that I can stray
Cause I love you in every way
And I just can’t stay away
Cause I miss you everyday

I’m coming back for you
I know this love must be true
We both got hurt once before
I’ll understand if you’re quite unsure
But baby, I’m coming back for more

So there’s no way that I can stray
Cause I miss you everyday

© Copyright 2000 Jon - All Rights Reserved
keoni
since 2000-10-16
Posts 850
Up in the mountains in the NFC
1 posted 2000-10-25 07:41 PM

Well, I guess no one is going to help me today. Maybe if I bump this someone will look at it
Child of the Stars
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-07
Posts 1658
Ann Arbor, MI
2 posted 2000-10-25 08:10 PM

Hey! I just saw this, and I'm sorry no one replied earlier. I think you should give this to her. But I'm the kind of person that no one takes advice from, so I don't expect you to. hehe... well stay cool k?? k! byebye...

~Carly

The grindstone of life will either polish us or wear us down, depending on what we're made of.

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 posted 2000-10-25 08:24 PM

"I’m coming back for you
I know this love must be true"

I like the forcefulness in those lines. Like you're saying "im coming for you, ready or not!".....i love it. I suggest just to try....cuz ......

-there are no saddest words said or written by pen then these: "it might have been!"-

"I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust."

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
4 posted 2000-10-26 01:10 AM

The only advice I can offer is let nature take its course...If yous were meant to be together then it will happen...Or just open up your mind and heart to this girl and tell her how you feel...

~*Love is sometimes like a rose. Beautiful in the beginning but dies in the end.*~

Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

5 posted 2000-10-26 08:57 PM

Alright...let's see here...I've been the Queen of Advice...*cough cough* sort of...for quite some time now *choke choke*.  Okay well, I can say that if I got something like this I'd probably cry.  All I can tell you is to follow your heart...or gut instinct...which ever works best.  I don't know the whole story, so I can't exactly say send it to her or not...but...ugh!  It's a great poem...I think if she was like me she'd like it..but I'm not so sure she is....so... just do what you think is best.  Yeah I'm alotta help, good luck  
Bel

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
6 posted 2000-10-27 05:36 PM

I don't have any advice to give because it's always is the wrong thing.  But this is a really well written poem!  It seems sincere and from the heart to me.  Nicely done

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

Slim
since 2000-07-19
Posts 49
Kentucky, USA
7 posted 2000-10-27 05:55 PM

i really liked this poem... and personally i certainly believe you should give this to the person you are talking about if you havent already. you express a lot of feeling in it and im sure it would mean something ot her as it does to others.. keep on keeping on!

Slim

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
8 posted 2000-10-28 01:56 PM

"So there’s no way that I can stray
Cause I miss you everyday"

What more is there to say?  You know that's the reason why i always go back to the start of the forum.  Cause I don't want to miss a poem that i would find really amazing.

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Coming back for more (please read, need some feedback today!)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary