navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Questions Of Faith
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Questions Of Faith Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Allysa
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden

0 posted 2000-10-24 08:20 AM

I was asked a couple of questions,
to decide where my faith lie.
And to some of the questions,
I answered with a why?
Do you support abortion?
No I can't say I do.
Or assisted suicide?
No I don't, do you?
Capitol punishment was involved,
in another question asked,
and that one made me think a little,
and remember the past.
I didn't apporve of the electric chair,
but I guess that now I do,
And if what I've expirenced happened to you,
I think that you would to.
For how can someone take the life,
of someone so dearly loved,
without being punished,
while she watches from above.
I don't believe in fighting,
but it happens anyway,
and if I thought it would help the world,
I would take all weapons away.
But there will always be some questions,
that will be answered with a why>
and the biggest one of those right now,
is why did you have to die????

----------------------------------------------------
This is for Jesica. And I guess this poem is true.
(And Justin wonders why I laugh at him when he says his life is tough. And the only reason he says that is because he has to work.)Oh Well, bye
Allysa

Don't wander throught this glassy surface, expecting to find more than me, because what I am without a purpose, but a lone mirage to see.

© Copyright 2000 Allysa - All Rights Reserved
Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
1 posted 2000-10-24 11:07 AM

Wow Allysa!!!This was really good...You have set good (I cant think of the word) maybe standards or goals that you will live by...I have set things for myself but not like this...Good work!!!

Just remember though that your friend is watching down on you...

~*Love is sometimes like a rose. Beautiful in the beginning but dies in the end.*~

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
2 posted 2000-10-24 04:28 PM

I like how you wrote this poem, setting up some of your beliefs and then telling why you feel that way.  I can't say I believe in the use of the death penalty, but I have never had anyone close to me be murdered, and that was your point, that if that happens than you just might change you view on things.  ...and i got your email but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to reply to that email address or go through your friends that you sent a while back???  Anyway, good poem

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 posted 2000-10-24 06:17 PM

HEy well this was a great poem. I loved how it was written. Good thoughts in this one!

"I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust."

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Child of the Stars
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-07
Posts 1658
Ann Arbor, MI
4 posted 2000-10-24 06:26 PM

Hey. This was really good. All the questions I've been battling have been displayed here, and the way you wrote them was incredible...stay strong...

~Carly

The grinstone of life will either polish us or wear us down, depending on what we're made of.

Allysa
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden
5 posted 2000-10-25 08:07 AM

Erin:Thank you for replying.
Lakewalker:Just write back, okay? and I'm glad that you like it.
Dopey:Thanks for replying. I'm glad you like it.
Carly: thanks. I'm glad you can relate to this, well, kind of.

Don't wander throught this glassy surface, expecting to find more than me, because what I am without a purpose, but a lone mirage to see.

Allysa
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden
6 posted 2000-10-25 03:32 PM

*bump because this is an important poem*

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
7 posted 2000-10-25 04:28 PM

Wow...that basically sums up everything i'm thinking. I absolutely loved that poem!! It brought up very serious and common questions in the world today and it was nice to see your outlook on it as well. It wasnt a poem to be taken lightly and i like that. Excellent job!!
Chel
since 2000-07-01
Posts 511
Baltimore, MD, USA
8 posted 2000-10-25 04:54 PM

Allysa,
  Great poem.  I really liked it, I think that it goes with my personality very well, and sometimes I have to just take a moment and think about what I really believe in.  Keep up the great work.

Chel

"True friends stab you in the front"
"True love last forever"

Allysa
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden
9 posted 2000-10-26 03:23 PM

hey all!!! Thanks for replying to my poem!!!

Allysa
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden
10 posted 2000-10-27 03:40 PM

Ya all need to get your butts up and reply. This poem is very important to ME!!! Sorry for the rudeness!!! BYE!!!  
Allysa

Allysa
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden
11 posted 2000-10-30 08:23 AM

Okay, im back to be rude again. PPL PLEASE!!! Reply to this poem, i want ya all to. I mean, it's really important to me. PLEASE!!!  

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
12 posted 2000-10-31 09:21 AM

Allysa --- sup with the angry face?  

Hey, this probably is one of the best poems you've ever written.  That's my opinion at least.  One thing though, I do not believe in the death sentence......There is this husband and wife in the news one time.  This married couple stuck out in my mind when i read your poem because all their 2 kids was killed by some killer i suppose.  The thing is they made sure to tell the prosecutor and the judge that they don't want him to get a death sentence cause that's against their belief.  Imagine that, the amount of pain they are going thru, they are still true to their faith.....thing about that

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Allysa
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden
13 posted 2000-10-31 03:31 PM

acire: the reason I want the killer (I can't even write his name) to die is because Jesica was such a sweet person and he hurt so many people when he killed her, her mother, and her brother's father, and he's trying to plead mental insanity but he even rented a car before hand b/c the ppl in the neighborhood knew what his car looked like.

Caz
since 2000-09-13
Posts 133
ConcepciĆ³n, Chile
14 posted 2000-10-31 08:06 PM

Allysa,
I'm really speachless, I think I've read this poem like everyday since you posted it, but I really didn't want to reply. I mean I think that this is a very heartfelt subject for you, obviously it is, and I'm not sure about saying anything 'cause I might hurt your feelings or say something wrong. Well, I just wanted to let you know that anytime you need to talk, I'm here and please don't hesitate in giving me a message.
Your friend,
Caz

It's been raining since you left me.

Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

15 posted 2000-10-31 09:25 PM

Really I'm speechless.  I don't know what to tell you...I have no advice either...I'm sorry!!  This is so sad...I'm so sorry...good luck to you, great poem...
Bel

Allysa
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden
16 posted 2000-11-01 08:01 AM

I've read this poem almost everyday since I posted it too, and almost everytime I can feel the tears about to pour out of my eyes. Thanks all for replying!!!!!!!!
Allysa

Allysa
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden
17 posted 2000-11-02 08:31 AM

~*BUMP*~  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Questions Of Faith

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary