navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Whens and Ifs
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Whens and Ifs Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Suteki
since 2000-10-23
Posts 5

0 posted 2000-10-23 08:26 PM

When one has been hurt
     What can they do?
When one has been betrayed
     Whom can they turn to?
When one has their heart broken
     How can it be mended?
When one loses everything dear to them
     What's left to live for?
When one has had all hope destroyed
     Is there anyone to help?

If one has given everything to help others
     And instead has had their soul slashed
If one had trusted another
     And instead was turned away
If everyone has a reason to live
     Then what is mine?
If one needs help of comfort
     Will there be someone to give it?
If one has been harmed by those she cares for
     Then tell me...

What can she do?
Keep pent up emotions inside
Hope things will get better
When they most likely won't?

---

Hello everyone! Just thought I'll tell everyone that no, everything's fine in my life now...these are poems I wrote about three months ago.  But right now everything is (semi) fine.  Except for school and such...^_^ Just the Algebra grade that's bringing me down.  I hope to become friends with a lot of you soon. ^.~

~S.

© Copyright 2000 Suteki - All Rights Reserved
jeremydraul
since 2000-08-01
Posts 1118
State of Despair
1 posted 2000-10-23 09:06 PM

a lot of these questions you asked really surround us and make us think a lot, glad to hear your "semi-fine". Keep up the good work!

jeremy r

"...if you've never met me, then you've no right to judge me. I have a good heart, but this heart can get ugly." ~DMX~

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 posted 2000-10-23 09:08 PM

Well you want to be my friend? *becomes your friend* SEE!!!!!! WE're friends!!!
Ok well the poem was great, love the title. Great title and poem along with it. Good format. hope to see more.

"I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust."

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

3 posted 2000-10-23 09:13 PM

Hi there, great poem.  I know how that feels..not word for word but the basic effect of it.  Ugh algebra!  Algebra sux!!  Great one, good luck, keep your chin up and smile  
Bel

Child of the Stars
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-07
Posts 1658
Ann Arbor, MI
4 posted 2000-10-23 09:20 PM

Hey. I WANNA BE UR FRIEND TOOOOO!!!!!! This poem was awesome, I loved the questions... well keep it up and stay cool.

~Carly

The grinstone of life can either wear us down or change us, depending on what we're made of.

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
5 posted 2000-10-24 03:57 PM

Well I liked this style, questions in poetry always make the reader think more because it directly relates them to the writing.  
But why are you not keeping your grades up?  Algebra isn't too hard, come on   you know deep inside you love it.  Ok, maybe not.  But if you pretend you like it you'll go at it with a better attitude.   Just make yourself believe that it is fun.  Alright, saying that probably shot my chances of being your friend, but hey, give me a break

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

branden726
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-25
Posts 607
Bay City, MI
6 posted 2000-10-24 04:05 PM

awwwwww how sweet....i loved the first half a lot and i liked the other half to its just i fell in love with the first part.
                   *~BRANDEN~*

"what doesnt kill you only makes you stronger"

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
7 posted 2000-10-24 07:01 PM

These questions really made me think...even about something that i'd rather not. Some of the questions i couldnt even find an answer to but i guess thats ok. Really good poem, it really made me think =o)Keep em comin, i loved this one!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Whens and Ifs

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary