navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » It's Your Fault
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic It's Your Fault Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Snickers
since 2000-05-25
Posts 88
East Haddam, CT

0 posted 2000-06-26 06:56 PM

It's Your Fault

You constantly hurt me
With your words, with your lies.
Can you look into my eyes
And tell me what you say is true?
It's all because of you.

You tell me things
I don't wanna hear.
Your continuous insults
Cause tear after tear.

I let it all slide,
Let it pass me by.
I deal with your verbal abuse,
Yet I don't know why.

So I tell you I can't take it,
That you don't treat me right.
What kind of friend are you
If you cause this kind of fight?

You tell me you hate me,
That it's always been that way.
Hate is a strong word,
But that's not all you say.

You think I'm stupid,
I brag too much.
You wonder why I have any friends,
I don't deserve any, and such.

Then you tell me that you've despised me all along.
You've only pretended to me my friend,
And that is just dead wrong.

You've brainwashed me,
Every day.
With each and every
Harsh word you say.

Maybe if you knew of
My intense sensitivity,
You wouldn't have abused
Your responsibility.

Maybe if you thought,
Before you said,
It wouldn't be your fault,
That I am dead.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just to give some background this poem iz about a so-called friend of mine that decieved me and was using me all along.  She kept on repeating horrible things about me until I started to believe them.  This caused me to become very depressed.  And although I'm nolonger assosciated with her, the damage has already been done. She made me feel worthless and useless and at one point I just wanted to end it all.  The poem iz about what she put me through and how it would be her fault had I gone through with it.  In it I also tried to convey the message to always think before you say.  Because what if you say something to someone that causes them to kill themself??  Please let me know what you think. Thanx.

~<3 Alwayz~
**Nikki**

~*~*~*~*"We can complain because roses have thorns, or we can rejoice because thorns have roses." *~*~*~*~

© Copyright 2000 Nikki - All Rights Reserved
LIL.MAMA
since 2000-06-26
Posts 32

1 posted 2000-06-26 09:03 PM

THAT IS A VERY GOOD POEM I FELT THAT WAY BEFORE YOU GO!!!!
Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
2 posted 2000-06-27 01:00 AM

this great work i also try to put points across through my writing i like this much keep it up.

I'm a dying romantic and when i can no longer write i can no longer live -Jeremiah Johnson-

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

3 posted 2000-06-27 02:24 PM

I'm so sorry that you had to go through a false friendship. I hope you see that those things this person said aren't true, and that you are a valuble person that deserves a good friend.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." -Oscar Wilde
"The robbed that smiles steals something from the thief" -Shakespea

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
4 posted 2000-06-27 05:35 PM

Dearest Nikki~ I'm very sorry to hear that you have felt this pain! Indeed, I too know what it is like to be at the end of your rope! I had the exact same thing happen to me...except it was someone a little closer to me who meant a little more--My dad. I know how you feel, but I know that now that  you are aware of your "friend's" intentions, you can get on with your life knowing not ever to make the same mistake again! Sticks and stones can break bones, but words can break the heart. I'm sure you know this now and I'm sorry you've felt this way! It's a terrible way to feel and now that you're getting over it, I'm sure you treat everyone as you would want them to treat you...right? This is a beautiful poem and I'm very glad you decided to post it! Very emotional and heartfelt! Keep it up! Love Always~*~Jessica~*~< !signature-->

~*~Love is the product of our dicontentment with ourselves~*~
~*~SMILE! It makes your butt shine!~*~

[This message has been edited by StarPryncess17 (edited 06-27-2000).]

tearsinheaven
since 2000-06-28
Posts 18

5 posted 2000-06-28 01:06 PM

I really loved this poem! It reminded me of when i would be constantly putting myself down for no reason and i got to the point where i had to go to the hospital to get my stomach pumped.
   My best friend saved my life that night and i am alot better now because of her. It was a great poem and i look forward to reading more of yours.

Vball Chickie1624
since 2000-05-14
Posts 116
New York
6 posted 2000-06-28 01:14 PM

This is a very well written poem.  I loved it.  It also explains that abuse isn't just physical.  Good luck and keep writing!

Luv ya,
Danielle  

"Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you

~Night_Mist~
since 2000-06-24
Posts 31
Calgary, AB Canada
7 posted 2000-06-28 04:52 PM

Dear Nikki:
     I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. I can imagine. I really like your poem. It's very beautiful, the words, the rhyme, it's great! Keep writing. And if you ever need to talk to someone...I'm always here to listen because I've gone through the same thing. Depression! Anyways, keep your chin up when times are bad and write me soon at Annie890@hotmail.com!

Luv,
~Night_Mist~

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
8 posted 2000-06-28 05:19 PM

well this is a very BEAUTIFUL poem...and i think at one point in everyones lives we all have had a friend like that...i know i did...and it sucks cause they make you feel like sh**...but be glad that you didnt kill yourself because that would have shown your "friend" that she got to you...as if it was a game it would show her that she won...and im really sorry that this has happened to you...but its not like we know about these people when we first meet people that are like this...

~IF YOU WANT SOMETHING VERY BADLY~SET IT FREE~IF IT COMES BACK TO YOU~ITS YOURS FOREVER~IF IT DOESNT IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH~

Misty Blue
since 2000-05-24
Posts 44

9 posted 2000-06-29 02:16 PM

Hi
I really felt your poem and I'm not one to write replys but yours really caught my attention. You're a great writer with a special gift. don't let it slip away

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
10 posted 2007-11-19 08:08 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » It's Your Fault

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary