navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Waiting On You
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Waiting On You Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs

0 posted 2000-10-16 12:44 PM

Im so confused,
As to what you and i are suppose to be.
Me and you are great as friends,
But what i want to know is,
What happens to the rest?
So we're best friends,
And its taking a chance to be anything more.
Well what if we're each others,
One person we're looking for?
I dont think you want to go there,
And take that chance.
For fear that everything we have,
Will end in a harsh romance.
It's understandable,
And i see your concern.
But taking a risk,
Is how people learn.
I know that you feel,
What i do inside.
Its ok baby,
You dont have to let it hide.
Let it out and let fate do its thing,
We'll take it slow,
And see what it brings.
But im depending on you,
To take that final step.
I've been ready and willing,
And nothings happen yet.
Do what you feel is right,
Deep down in your heart.
And when you come to that place,
That is where we will start.

© Copyright 2000 Michele - All Rights Reserved
Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
1 posted 2000-10-16 12:47 PM

This is cute! It really reminds me of a Dawson's Creek episode... friends, more than that.... you know. But this is good. Keep it up.
Jenn

"Guess I'm not smart, I let you un-nerve me, I let you control me; afraid the truth would hurt me, when it's you that hurts me more." TLC

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
2 posted 2000-10-16 01:05 PM

This is so well said!  I think it's written well and it flows good. I really the feeling you put into it.  Great job on this

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
3 posted 2000-10-16 01:09 PM

Amazing work!!!Wow this was really good I liked it alot...Because I hooked up with my best friend and now we have been together for 8 months...Things cant get any  better...But there was a guy I was close to that I was with and he ended up playing me for a fool...But girl follow your heart...

~*Love is sometimes like a rose. Beautiful in the beginning but dies in the end.*~

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 posted 2000-10-16 02:14 PM

Well good job on writing this poem. It was well thought out and the format fits fine. The message seems great but i dont believe in waiting.....i believe in seizing the moment and going after what you truly love. I only stop when im rejected billions upon billions of times to get the point through my head...considering i am a very stubborn person....the point takes a while. But anyway great job.....hope to see more.

"I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust."

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
5 posted 2000-10-16 08:57 PM

This is the most caring and sweet poem I've read of yours. I can only wish to find someone in my life who is like you.  And I just don't understand why this guy can't see what he's putting you thru.  I wanna go there and hit him in the head so bad.  im sorry, forget that part.  But you are a sweet girl and a guy is foolish not to even try to be with you.  taht's my opinion. All your poems have just touched my heart.  keep it up

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Waiting On You

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary