navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Just Friends
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Just Friends Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs

0 posted 2000-10-12 04:36 PM

You hold my hand,
Then gently kiss my cheek.
This amazing feeling runs through my body,
Making me completely weak.
This is all so very perfect,
Then of course i realize,
I'm just a friend to you,
And i feel as though i can cry.

You tell me of your deepest secrets,
You tell me of your fears.
You tell me how much you miss me,
When we are not near.
Your words touch me,
And echo through my ear.
Never getting to be anything more to you,
Is what a greatly fear.

You confide in me your pleasures,
Your happiness and your flaws.
You confide in me how special i am to you,
Thats what i love most of all.
I cant get to close to you,
For fear my heart you'll break.
I cant love YOU like this,
It's a gigantic mistake.

But how do you not love someone.
Who is your bestest friend?
Their perfect in all ways,
And with you till the end.
So as my friend i ask this of you,
How do you expect me to not fall in love with you?

© Copyright 2000 Michele - All Rights Reserved
Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
1 posted 2000-10-12 04:38 PM

I really like how you've expressed yourself in this one.  It's clear what your feelings are.  Have you told your friend what you're feeling?  Anyway, nice poem

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 posted 2000-10-12 10:01 PM

lake walker is everywhere i post up! ahhhh.
anyway nice poem and i liked the way it was written. Good thoughts.
adios

"I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust."

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Caz
since 2000-09-13
Posts 133
Concepción, Chile
3 posted 2000-10-12 10:18 PM

Woow, I just replied in another poem that I was feeling bad today, and I swear this is the reason. I love this place, it has some magic. I'm crying, I think it's the first time that I cry after reading a poem, I'm crying like a little baby. Tears and tears keep raining down, my keyboard is so wet.
I really loved this poem.   This one really touched my hearth and woke the butterflies in my stomach. Can I please give this poem to my friend? It's just what's happening to me and it's destroying my heart and I just can't take it anymore. Old memories are coming back to my head... old sounds are tormenting me.
Really awesome poem. I really felt it.
Bye, you friend  
                     Caz

It's been raining since you left me.

IsGona
since 2000-07-14
Posts 723

4 posted 2000-10-12 10:31 PM

I use to love my best friend and was always afraid to take that step.  One day I got brave and I've never been happier since then.  I think if you don't read this poem to him or some how tell him how you feel, you will regret it.  I know it's scary but I hope you find a way to tell him.
best of luck
Jason

"Every body has their destiny...
I'LL CHOOSE MY OWN"
~Hatebreed~
"I am, who I am
and what you think,
I don't give a damn"
Chilli Peppers

sweetypie5
since 2000-10-06
Posts 97
MWC,OK,USA
5 posted 2000-10-13 07:27 AM

Hey great poem! Listen to this...I really liked my bestfriend. Just like in your poem and I was too shy to step up and tell him. Well whats funny is that he liked me too. Only he was brave enough to ask. So anyways don't be afraid K??? If this guy is your real friend he will be able to deal with it!!! Great poem!

I live in the present but yearn for the past...
yet the future is so very near

Virgin Suïcide
since 2000-08-11
Posts 319
Netherlands
6 posted 2000-10-13 02:31 PM

*I'm just here becuz of Caz said this was a great poem and I really had to read it*

ok, I REALLY loved this one!! it just says what I am feeling too... well, it seems like my best friend likes me too in that way, but I just am not sure about it... why is love so hard and so terribly difficult? cuz you never know what to think or expect of it.. it changes... you're always in love, but always afraid of being rejected...

*o no, I'm starting to ramble... sorry  *

okie doekie, great poem girl!!
luvz, Renée

All of my life
Where have you been
I wonder if I'll
Ever see you again

~*~*~Lenny Kravitz-Again~*~*~

Fearless_Angel
since 2000-10-03
Posts 57
Calgary, AB Canada
7 posted 2000-10-13 11:22 PM

Hey!
   I'm here to read this cause Caz said it was great and I feel it too! I'm in love with my best friend right now and well, it's not going too good. I can't tell him that I love him but I don't know what I'll do if I don't. Anyways, I thought this was great! Keep writing and I'll e-mail u soon okies? Promise!!!

Lotsa Love,
        Angel

Caz
since 2000-09-13
Posts 133
Concepción, Chile
8 posted 2000-10-14 07:49 PM

I'm sorry but I think that this poem deserves to be bumped... so *bump*

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
9 posted 2000-10-14 08:00 PM

I think a lot of people can relate to this.  And again, great job
Dopey- what's wrong with me being everywhere??
Caz- I agree, definitly bump worthy (and I could save this reply for a bump but I won't)

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
10 posted 2000-10-14 09:00 PM

I can relate to this one...I fell in love with my best friend which I think was the worst thing I ever did...He broke my heart the easiest...And it hurt the most...Thinking that this person who is supposed to love me regardless lost that love for me...But your feelings could be different...Thats just the way I felt...Good job on this one!!!

~*Love is sometimes like a rose. Beautiful in the beginning but dies in the end.*~

jeremydraul
since 2000-08-01
Posts 1118
State of Despair
11 posted 2000-10-14 10:24 PM

This is the worst feeling, feelings for a friend. This poem is great, keep it up

jeremy r

"...if you've never met me, then you've no right to judge me. I Got a good heart, but this heart can get ugly." ~DMX~

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
12 posted 2000-10-15 09:55 PM

Here we go again.  You people are gonna give me a heart attack.  I don't even know how many times my heart skipped a beat on this one.  BRAVO!!! YOU DESERVE A STANDING OVATION FROM ME!!!

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Caz
since 2000-09-13
Posts 133
Concepción, Chile
13 posted 2000-10-18 09:54 PM

Ok... maybe you're going to hate me for this... but this poem deserves to be seen again.
*bump*

Caz

X_me_X
since 2000-08-18
Posts 37

14 posted 2000-10-18 11:17 PM

okay i can relate to this in the way that i was the object of affection of my best friend and i didnt feel the same way about him but i went out with him anyway becaus i thought he was what i needed and i think that was the biggest mistake i ever made because hurting him and ruining our friendship was the stupidest thing i could have done

~All is forgiven but NEVER forgotten~

Caz
since 2000-09-13
Posts 133
Concepción, Chile
15 posted 2000-11-13 08:37 PM

Ok, I'm sorry, but I feel the need to bump this poem once again, so...
*BUMP*

silvrduck
since 2000-11-05
Posts 146

16 posted 2000-11-13 09:58 PM

Ahhhh, pass the kleenex!!! Did you write this for me? I swear.... lol  It can be so hard loving your best friend, huh? *sigh*
Anyways, I (obviously) loved this poem!! You expressed your feelings so well, it's great.

Ya know.. I may just have to steal this.. j/k  
LOVE IT! I hope you post more soon  
*take care*
Sarah

with the unknown comes no expectations
in this i find my peace

DancinQueen
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 1092
Kokomo,IN,USA
17 posted 2000-11-13 10:50 PM

Hey! This was great. Flowed really well. Oh and boy..falling in love with your bestfriend. You're right, how can you not? Well i couldnt. He fell in love with me and i was afraid to deepen our relationship anymore in fear that i would lose that "big brother" type of friend. Because i know when you get into a relationship, there are just certain things you hesitate telling them, but with a bestfriend its different.and sometimes you just need that. so im rambling ! LOL sorry, keep up the great work

¤Kiley¤

"A true friend can see the truth and pain in your eyes, even when you're fooling everyone else"

Caz
since 2000-09-13
Posts 133
Concepción, Chile
18 posted 2000-11-14 10:17 PM

Well, since last bump was a success, I think I'll bump this again... is there a bump limit? Well, I don't know but I think that this poem deserves it.
*Bump*

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Just Friends

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary