navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Hippo
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Hippo Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado

0 posted 2000-10-09 12:13 PM

This one's for you Erin!!   

I eat and eat all day long
As I sing my happy hippo song
They say I'll get fat and really big
How can that be? I'm skinny as a twig!
Food is my passion, its what I live for
but one day I won't fit through the door
It's ok though, I'll have food
So I'll aways be in a good mood
Maybe I should go on a new and exciting diet
more protein, no carbs, I don't think I want to try it!
If I get fat, here's what I'll do
I'll call my doctor and he'll tell me true
What I can do to lose the weight
That sucks, I dont like it...no more cake!!
Oh well, I'll just be fat and then I'll get old
No worries though,cuz with this much fat, I'll never get cold
So all in all, I'll always eat
no matter what I love my meat
I love my sugar and brownies too
So, as I sing my song,who'll join me? Will you??

I wrote this about how I always eat and how people tell me I'm going to get fat...well, I weigh about 90 pounds...I don't think that'll be happening any time soon! Anyways, Erin was making fun of me saying the same things... so I wrote a poem and dedicated it to her...Besides that, I figured we could all use a good laugh around here. Thanks for reading!!  

*Being an angel doesn't mean having a halo or wings, it means doing the right thing and wanting to make a difference*

© Copyright 2000 Jessica Lynn - All Rights Reserved
Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
1 posted 2000-10-09 08:52 AM

Girl I love it!!! You may be thin but your still a hippo...This was funny though!!!Keep it up!!!

~*Love is sometimes like a rose. Beautiful in the beginning but dies in the end.*~

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
2 posted 2000-10-09 08:54 AM

Hahaha that was such a good poem!! It was very cute and i'll tell ya one thing..I wish i had your problem! Being able to eat whatever you please and still stay 90 pounds? Girl you are LUCKY! N e way very cute poem...it put a smile on my face =o)
Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
3 posted 2000-10-09 10:09 AM

seems like Erin just has this ability to give all of us nicknames.  I thought yours was jello? Now its hippo?  Well, that's better than what she calls me "Psycho"    sup with that weirdo    Jess, just make sure you hand me some of that meat (only if it's pork or beef) unless you mean something else   just kidding   Well, if it's chicken hand it this was right away and I'll help ya with it...ha  

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
4 posted 2000-10-09 10:14 AM

Wonderful, fun poem Jessica ... got me grinning on this end!  

Thanks for the smiles, and just stay healthy ... no matter what you eat!  

Best wishes,
/Kit

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
5 posted 2000-10-09 01:28 PM

This is so good
Jacman
since 2000-06-27
Posts 291
Dwight Il, US
6 posted 2000-10-09 03:21 PM

You suck, if I eat a pound of food I will gain two pounds!  Not really, I don't really know that but oh well.  I'm going to go eat some ice cream or something now

jason

I'm not concieted...I'm convinced.

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
7 posted 2000-10-09 06:55 PM

well, thank you all for the kind words! I thought that this would put a smile on a few people's face. Maybe lighten up the seious mood around here...because we all know that I'm way too serious! hahaha right. anyways,thank you all for reading and replying I much appreciate it!         < !signature-->

*Being an angel doesn't mean having a halo or wings, it means doing the right thing and wanting to make a difference*

[This message has been edited by StarPryncess17 (edited 10-09-2000).]

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
8 posted 2000-10-10 02:25 PM

I like the title.....hippo!!!!!!
Well yea, the poem was humurous. UHhhhhhh..... you weigh 90lbs and people say you're going to get fat? Ok, who the heck do you hang out with?......either they are all anorexic chicks who weigh 33lbs or ....uhhh......or yea! Ok so i don't know..... you couldn't get fat to me and if you did, big whoop...fat people rock!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
9 posted 2000-10-10 06:30 PM

Dopey, since I know how you are sometimes (no offense...just saying) I will take what you said with a light heart. First Off, the only one of my friends who has ever been anorexic is me...so I resent your statement about them being "a bunch of anorexic chicks who weigh 33lbs" also, They tell me I'm going to get fat as a joke. LoL It gets old...instead of fat jokes from people I get skinny jokes...you'd laugh yer ass off if you heard some of 'em. anyways, no my friends aren't anorexic and they are joking about my weight. Besides that I don't knwo what else to say except for I'm glad you thought it was funny because that is what it was intended on...< !signature-->

[This message has been edited by StarPryncess17 (edited 10-10-2000).]

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
10 posted 2000-10-10 09:05 PM

Jessica --- I'm hungry...wanna share some this way  

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
11 posted 2000-10-11 06:12 PM

NOPE!!!!  

sorry acire, when I get food I eat it all within a matter of seconds...hahaha none left for you...oh wait..here's a little crum!...damn! It was an ant! you can eat that though if you want! j/k  
< !signature-->

[This message has been edited by StarPryncess17 (edited 10-11-2000).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Hippo

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary