navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Bound to Fall
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Bound to Fall Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs

0 posted 2000-10-10 04:12 PM

Hey everyone...this is a really weird way to express how i feel when getting through a school day.

The world is spinning round and round,
Dont loose your concentration,
Your bound to fall down.
Pick your head up and say your ok,
No worries sweetheart,
Tomorrow's another day.
Ring around the rosey,
A pocket full of posey,
Ashes,
Ashes,
I think im gonna drown!
Smile and nod,
Socialize through the halls,
Keep your head up,
Watch out your gonna fall.
Keep on going,
You've almost gotten through the day,
Hurry up,
Keep the tears away.
Block out the voices,
Push your way through,
Leave me alone!
I cant stand all of you!
Rush down your block,
Your house is in sight,
Run up the stairs,
Close your door.
Now your safe...
You cant be hurt anymore.
Hurt from the work,
The gossip,
The socialization.
How come it took me this long,
to come to this realization?
Close my eyes,
Take a deep breath,
Prepare myself,
To do it all over again.

© Copyright 2000 Michele - All Rights Reserved
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 posted 2000-10-10 05:25 PM

Hey, this was great. I personally do not face these anguishes in school because.....i'm one of those "popular" people. I disgaree with the idea and concept of that whole deal of popularity, but i mean...... i used to go through what this poem states. Hell....it's pure hell. I've been on all sides of the popularity scale, and believe me...both suck in their own way. I don't know....... you wouldn't know MY situation and i wouldn't know yours....but great poem.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

Caz
since 2000-09-13
Posts 133
ConcepciĆ³n, Chile
2 posted 2000-10-10 09:16 PM

This poem was so so so so SO great. I think it's the best of the best... this poem is going to my top 10. Woooow, I really REALLY loved it.
Popularity, popularity and social groups and status really REALLY suck. I'm what some people call an outsider. I'm that guy that doesn't belong to any group of friend, but everyone knows. I hate beeing with the same people all the time, and I hate seeing that some people just believe that they are better than others... it really sucks!
About your poem, I really know what it feels like, I'm like that, like you? I really felt in my hearth your poem, it makes me remind my everyday.... I really loved when you said "Tomorrow's another day" and then "Prepare myself, to do it all over again", I mean isn't that ironic, but it's the truth. Tomorrow doesn't seem to be the day after today... I mean today was the same than yesterday.
Ok, I'm gonna stop writting, but this topic really got me. Thanks for sharing this poem, I really think it's so great, it's really great.
Bye, your friend,
                       Caz
*email me, ok?

It's been raining since you left me.

Child of the Stars
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-07
Posts 1658
Ann Arbor, MI
3 posted 2000-10-10 09:33 PM

Hey this was AWESOME. What a great word. AWESOME! And it definitely describes what you've got here. I know exactly what you were writing about. I never dared to put it into text though!! Well, keep up the great work. Happy writing!!

~Carly

"I see," said the blind man to his deaf wife reading the newspaper.

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
4 posted 2000-10-11 02:23 PM

I'm starting to feel overwhelmed by school again.  I really like how you expressed yourself in this poem
Monica Ash
since 2000-10-09
Posts 17

5 posted 2000-10-11 04:51 PM

That was a great poem that's how i feel at school(hell) But check out my new two poems Loving Willy and Remembering the night we ment and tell me what you think PLEASE!!!!
           Monica

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Bound to Fall

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary