navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Palestine...
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Palestine... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Salooma
since 2000-01-28
Posts 781

0 posted 2000-10-05 11:00 PM

Palestine

What blood have you lost?
What tears have you seen?
What hurt and pain have you endured?
What cries have you heard of mothers with children dying in their arms?
What stained your streets crimson red?
What plague has set your freedom on fire?

No more smiles of youth are pictured.
Nor the unity of your culture.
All it is is captured horror.
It's plain crime in true men's eyes.

Rocks you hold within your palm.
Screams do ring from every voice.
Yet the world does not see your truth.
The world does not know this sorrow.

Death spreads across your children.
Men fight with all they have.
Mothers' grieve with pride and hate.
Only to hope freedom will oneday stand!

10/5/00  

To this moment, 76 people have died by gunshot wound, some of whom are children. And 2,000 are injured. Please give your prayers to the men, women, and children of Palestine and to the hope that the fighting will some cease. God bless.

[This message has been edited by Salooma (edited 10-07-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Ron (06-25-2011 10:05 AM).]

© Copyright 2000 Salooma - All Rights Reserved
jeremydraul
since 2000-08-01
Posts 1118
State of Despair
1 posted 2000-10-05 11:03 PM

this was so caring. i love how you took a serious subject and reflected upon it, it really creates a sense of importance. ill be waiting for another soon!

love,
jeremy r

"I will know where I'm headed, 'cause I'm so tired of the suffering,
I stand before you, a weakened version of your reflection."
~DMX~ "Prayer III"

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
2 posted 2000-10-06 08:01 AM

Salooma~
Your caring touches my heart.
It's prayers I send for all involved.
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
3 posted 2000-10-06 04:04 PM

The poem is wonderful, and this is such a kind request you've made.  Thank you for posting this!
Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments
4 posted 2000-10-06 11:28 PM

Very caring and powerful message you carry here Salooma.  Those people are definitely in my prayers.  

*Krista Knutson*

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." -Confucious

Salooma
since 2000-01-28
Posts 781

5 posted 2000-10-08 03:19 PM

Thanks so much for all your replies. They mean so much to me. Just an update, the count is now 81 people dead. This is just one message we should send out.

Jeremy- Thanks for the reply sweets. I just wish our prayers could make a difference.

Marge- Thanks for your support. It's a touchy topic to me, but I hope all will end soon....

Lakewalker- Thanks for the complement, thanks for taking time to read it.  

Alwye- Thanks for your reply Alwye. I hope more people can see and understand this message as more a welcoming than the usual.

Take care....thanks to all again.

Salma

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

6 posted 2000-10-09 06:41 AM

It almost makes a person wordless I think. How do you respond to things like this? To gruesome, needless death?

You have responded with wonderful, strong words...and that is awesome - to see your care expressed this way.

Well done Salooma.

It's awesome.

K

"He looked across the
silky surface of the Severn...
it was a famously difficult
river with fierce tides..."

From Jack Maggs

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
7 posted 2000-10-09 08:48 AM

Salma~
Girl this was amazing!!!I will keep you in my prayers...You did a wonderful job on this poem...Keep it up!!!

~*Love is sometimes like a rose. Beautiful in the beginning but dies in the end.*~

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
8 posted 2000-10-09 03:43 PM

A most amazing poem, and more amazing dedication.  I hope they do find peace and harmony.  My prayers are with em  

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Salooma
since 2000-01-28
Posts 781

9 posted 2000-10-13 12:07 PM

Thanks for your replies everyone, they mean a lot to me.....latest update 100 are dead up til now and it's been almost 2 weeks. Please keep them in your prayers.

Severn - Thanks so much for your reply....it's really sad that this kind of hatred has led to such killing and such crime. The pictures are the worst, children shot and dead, men and women dragged, it's a sad time.

Erin -  Thanks for your support dear. I just wish there would be an end to this soon!

acire - Thanks for your reply.....I wish we could make a difference.

Salma

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
10 posted 2000-10-13 05:54 PM

Wow, well i hope everything gets better over there in Palestine. I really do. I hate war..... so i just hope things work good. Nice poem.....good job making us aware of whats up over there in the middle east.

"I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust."

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Jose Marti
since 2000-07-01
Posts 374
washing DC
11 posted 2000-10-14 01:17 PM

wow very powerful poem. It's good to see you back here.
It bothers me a lot that they fight, shoot and kill eachother. I hope it ends soon.

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
12 posted 2000-10-14 09:22 PM

Salma~
I think that I seen on the news today something about them getting together to talk this over...Am I hearing correct???I hope so...This really needs to be resolved...

~*Love is sometimes like a rose. Beautiful in the beginning but dies in the end.*~

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
13 posted 2000-10-14 10:23 PM

Erin- they have been talking for a long time now, and when the stories of fighting in that region started, those peace talks were thought to have been lost.  But now they are going to meet again, hopefully they can work something out.  I really don't want to see a huge war start, where even more lives would be lost.
Salooma
since 2000-01-28
Posts 781

14 posted 2000-10-15 05:34 PM

Dopey - I'm glad this kinda gave a vision of what's going on....I wish everyone knew about it so everyone would understand what these people do go through. Thanks.

Jose - Thanks for your reply....I'm glad to be back but only for a few hours a week...real busy lately. The fighting bothers me too, but it's the target to kill people under 18 that hurts me most. Have you heard about the child shot on live tv while he was hiding in the corner with his father? That is what gets to me most.

Erin and Lakewalker - The talks are probably starting up again this week, but truthfully speaking from my side....the only thing that will speak for the 100 that have died and for their families is victory. I don't think the Palestinians can sit there anymore waiting for 1/2 of Jeruselum.....after all they have seen in the course of 50 years, all the bloodshed on their side, all the torture and plain inhuman treatment of a group of people, I don't think peace will happen without war. There will always be unrest as long as the Israelis are willing to bring out the guns and stand infront of holy sites (Al-Aqsa) and provoke anger among Muslims for their wrong doing. If you have read the story, you know about Sharon and his visit there....well after Friday prayer, why would he walk around that area when he knows how Palestinians would feel about it? Only because he wants them to know that Israel controls the area. It just hurts me to see that...you are supposed to respect religious aspects especially those that aren't your own. He angered every Muslim on the face of the Earth, it's plainly inhuman. And after that are we supposed to stand here and forget all that was done...forget the 100 people that have died? Maybe more will die, but they will die knowing that they have made a difference that maybe in the future their children won't have to throw those rocks, maybe their children will live in peace. That's just what I think.  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Palestine...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary