navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Luck turned to pain ( please everyone give me some advice)
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Luck turned to pain ( please everyone give me some advice) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado

0 posted 2000-06-25 08:04 PM

Was the luckiest girl on the face of the earth
I'm really very sorry for all it's worth
I screwed it up--lost you pretty damn quick
Then to top it off I told you that you had to pick
Either me of her-that's how I wanted it to be
And I ended up hoping and praying it would be me
It was wrong of me to ask you such a thing
Now I sit waiting for this stupid phone to ring
At this moment babe, I'm on my knees
Give me another chance - I'm begging you please

< !signature-->

~*~Love is the product of our dicontentment with ourselves~*~
~*~SMILE! It makes your butt shine!~*~

[This message has been edited by StarPryncess17 (edited 06-25-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Jessica Lynn - All Rights Reserved
heatherbear
since 2000-04-30
Posts 48

1 posted 2000-06-25 09:20 PM

This is a great poem!  It flows perfectly.  I know how you feel-waiting for someone to make a choice.  Fortunetely, it turned out ok for me and i hope you too.  Great poem, keep writing!!

~~HeatherBear~~

Vball Chickie1624
since 2000-05-14
Posts 116
New York
2 posted 2000-06-25 09:27 PM

Hey.  This is a great poem.  I know how you feel, I went through this whole thing last summer.  I wrote a poem about it that I posted awhile ago called "The Truth Within My Smile."  I wish you good luck and I hope that everything turns out alright.  Oh yea and I don't think that you should regret telling him to chose...I did the same thing...but you can't put yourself through all that..if it was meant to be it will happen....you have to think of yourself...and if you don't tell him to chose you're only putting yourself through more pain.  You can only wait so long...anyway...sorry i was babbling...keep writing and have fun!

Luv ya,
Danielle

"Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do."

"The role of a writer is not to say what we can all say, but what we are unable to say."
- Anais Nin

"Follow your own heart, not others."

Snickers
since 2000-05-25
Posts 88
East Haddam, CT
3 posted 2000-06-25 09:32 PM

Jessica,
  Great poem!!  I really do like it, but u r in a hell of a situation.  Asking someone to chose between u or someone else can be tough, but sometimes a choice has to be made.  And whether or not u screwed up, it doesn't matter b/c it's already done.  What can u do?? Hun, just keep on waiting.  I know how tough it can be, but u'r just gonna hafta hang in there until a decision is made.  And if u aren't the chosen one, maybe it wasn't meant to be.  But if it is meant to be, then it will work itself out.  Try to hang in there.  And keep on writing.  I truly hope that everything goes well with you.  If you ever need to talk you can E-mail me.  I'm always ready to listen.  Best of luck.

~<3 Alwayz~
  **Nikki**

~*~*~*~*"We can complain because roses have thorns, or we can rejoice because thorns have roses." *~*~*~*~

CLBinLOVE
since 2000-06-04
Posts 147
Hilton Head, SC, USA
4 posted 2000-06-25 10:16 PM

now this is an interesting poem, short, but still really good...
now first b4 i say any more, who is the other person, an old girlfriend, his overbearing parents? (knew a guy that had pretty tough times with his GF cuz of that)
well, whoever it is, u must have had a good reason to get him to choose, and although it might seem otherwise, if he doesnt choose you, that he doesnt deserve you, it wasnt meant to be, blah blah blah etc. you get the idea, but thats not very comforting to you cuz u really want him right?
well all i can say is if he doesnt choose you than you still have a choice: you can go back to him even though he made the wrong choice in your eyes and try to fix things (although they will probably neverbe the same, for better or worse) or you can go along your way and find some other guy to love and mend your broken heart.  neither of those choices sound appealing i know, so i hope that fone DOES ring and he decides to stay with you/ get back together with you
in any case, the best of luck and maybe u can see a way out of this that i cant, since i dont really know whats going on...anyway, free to talk if ya want...
CLB

always follow your heart, never follow others unless it is truely where you want to go, and never give up a dream, maybe just set it aside for a while... :)

Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
5 posted 2000-06-26 01:06 AM

this is another great piece from you. and i hope that all things work out for you forever and sorry it ended up this way for you but i hope he called.

I'm a dying romantic and when i can no longer write i can no longer live -Jeremiah Johnson-

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
6 posted 2000-06-26 01:47 AM

~~someone once said if you want something very badly set it free, if it comes back to you its yours forever. if it doesnt it was never yours to begin with~~hopefully this guy will come back to you (good luck i hope he does).you know what though if he chose her then tried to get back with you dont girl he isnt worth your time. you know i really admire your work you write beautifully. out of all of your poems i can relate to alot of what your going through and i feel your pain.just remember if he doesnt come back you'll find someone twice as good as he was...

~IF YOU WANT SOMETHING VERY BADLY~SET IT FREE~IF IT COMES BACK TO YOU~ITS YOURS FOREVER~IF IT DOESNT IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH~

douglasbailey
since 2000-06-23
Posts 27
Palmerston North, New Zealand
7 posted 2000-06-26 05:14 AM

Hi Pryncess,

I'm susspecting that this is about your father although the "babe" makes me wonder?
My opinion (don't really know if it's advice) on the assumption that it's your father...

Your father needs to choose between a lady who does not care for him and is consuming his life or you, someone who desperatley wants to love him and be loved, to comfort him and be his little princess.  You know your dad will end up destorying himself trying to get this woman, and because you love him, to help him make the right choice you put yourself on the other side of the fence to show him what he was going to lose.  I don't think he believed he was going to lose you Pryncess.  I hope he hasn't lost you.  Continue on with your life but pray for the day he will return and when you see him coming, run to him with open arms, forgive him and be his little Princess.  

While you wait I pray that our Father in heaven will hold you in his arms and be all that you need a father to be.

Douglas  

**AANGELLE**
since 2000-06-21
Posts 45

8 posted 2000-06-26 09:15 AM

Hi princess, Here is my advice I hope I can help. If you even need to ask him to choose in the first place he's not even worth the bother.I don't know about you but I want a guy who wants me too. You're obviosly an intelligant person and you are worth more than a reject who can't decide which girl he likes more. In saying that I hope everything turns out the way you want. Do whatever makes you happy!!!
LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

9 posted 2000-06-26 12:52 PM

This is a good poem, my friend. As for the advice, I don't have much luck when it comes to love, but I know that there is someone out there for me. There is someone out there for you, too. If this is the person for you, it will work out. If he isn't the one, someone better will come along. If you ever need to talk, feel free to e-mail me!

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." -Oscar Wilde
"The robbed that smiles steals something from the thief" -Shakespea

Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A
10 posted 2000-06-26 02:30 PM

Hey Jess, when did all this occur...is it something you ain't told me about yet?  Well, I know I can help ya out on this one, but I need to know when and how it happened..and with who (I probably already know).  Anywhoo, get in touch sometime..Luv you...later.

Jeremy

"Time is the matter, and in a matter of that all wounds will heal and all scars shall fade."

~Night_Mist~
since 2000-06-24
Posts 31
Calgary, AB Canada
11 posted 2000-06-26 04:25 PM

Hey:
    I loved the rhyming in your poem. It was beautiful. Good luck with the guy! Keep writing!
                  Luv, ~Night_Mist~

Comfrey83
since 2000-04-02
Posts 36
Winchester, Mass USA
12 posted 2000-06-26 07:50 PM

on my knees and please.
havent heard that in awhile. it used to be as common as "eye" and "sky"
good luk with men
its all good
-Andy

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
13 posted 2000-06-27 08:08 PM

Thank you all for everything! Hope all is well with everyone else!!  

[This message has been edited by StarPryncess17 (edited 06-27-2000).]

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
14 posted 2000-06-27 08:25 PM

well thank you all for your wonderful replies and advice!!!!

Heather~thanks for the motivation! I'm glad that you can relate and you know what, it did work out!! glad it worked out for you too!!Love Ya Much!

Danielle~Well, I'm glad that you can relate, at least now I know that I'm not alone in this awkward feeling!!I have yet to read your poem, but I will!!! oh yeah, I don't mind the babbling, actually I like it because I like to hear what ya think and how you feel!! Thanks!!Love Ya much!!

Nikki~Thanks for the reality check!! LoL I think it's definately someting I needed! thanks for understanding!! Love ya much!

CLB~ I did have a good reason for him to chose and the girl was his ex girlfriend who is completely infatuated and basically obsessed with him! But he chose me, lol so I'm a happy camper! Thanks for the support it means a lot and your words were most comforting! If you ever need Anything at all please don't hesitate to give me a shout!! Love ya much.

Jeremiah~thanks for the kind words! yes, things did work out and he did call!! thanks a lot!!!Love Ya much!

Erin~as much as I hate to say it, you're right!(not that you being right is a bad thing, I just don't like to admit my faults. hehe) I had to let him go...The good part is, that he came back and now things are better than ever with out his stupid little immature ex calling and paging all the time!! Thanks for understanding!Love ya much!

Doug~thanks for understanding!! The irony of it all is that I truly wrote this poem for my boyfriend...although, I can relate every single word to my dad. I did have a good reason to make him chose. But I don't regret asking my dad to chose and I'm glad I did because I found out what is more important to him...His girlfriend. Thanks for your support though! well, things are better with me and chris, and as for my dad, well, that's a long story! We'll just say his behavior is unchanged! but you are right baout everything you said about my dad!! Thanks a lot!! Love ya much!

AANGELLE~Thanks for the advice! You're right!!things did work out though.   Thanks for helping and giving me your opinion!! Love Ya Much!

Love Bug~well, I hope he is, it worked out so I guess we'll just see what happens from here...right? thanks for understanding!! Love Ya much!!

Jeremy~well, no, nothing you don't know about. I'll explain later! Thanks for everything!! Love Ya Much!!

~N_M~thanks a lot! I don't really try to rhyme I guess it just happens! I'm glad that you liked it!! thanks for the kind words! Love Ya Much!

Comfrey~I guess it is sort of a cliche...but I only said it because I meant it. thanks for the luck! I'll be needing it!

Thank all of you so much for your advice!!! Love ya all!!!!! Love Always~*~Pryncess Jess~*~

~*~Love is the product of our dicontentment with ourselves~*~
~*~SMILE! It makes your butt shine!~*~

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
15 posted 2000-06-28 06:04 PM

i was gonna type my advice, but i guess i'm a little late  --- in a good sense though  
it still doesn't change the fact that the poem is marvelous.....short and stright to the point.....

i'm happy for you that everything actually worked out. just hoping that it wouldn't hinder you from writing and sharing more poems here.

**Angel**
since 2000-03-31
Posts 162

16 posted 2000-06-29 10:08 PM

Wow! This just grabbed me and hurt where I feel all of that pain too. Last night, I actually went through the exact same thing with this guy I was talking to.   I messed up and have apologized a million times. He says he just wants to be friends but we had so much..I just don't understand. And then he tells me he met someone. How can this person be better than what we had? How can he make his decision after one night? How can my one little mistake be so big to him? And so I told him, her or me. He hasn't called me back yet...I don't know what to think. Your poem..it's incredible.

Thanks,
angel

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
17 posted 2007-11-19 08:09 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Luck turned to pain ( please everyone give me some advice)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary