navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » What Happened?!
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic What Happened?! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A

0 posted 2000-06-24 03:02 AM

Doncha just hate when this sort of thing happens?!

What Happened?!

I made a promise long ago
to a lady free of guilt.
As time has passed, I now feel
less than I had felt.
Long ago, I laid a blame
that she would not be true....
that she would venture young and free
to be with someone new.
I was wrong, true she was,
true she'll always be.
But I am evil, or that I feel
in longing to be free.
How ironic, yes I'd say
that this could be the end.
The very fear I had of her,
her hand would not lend.
but after all is said and done
and my card comes to play,
I may be the failing child,
I feared she'd be someday.
I made a promise long ago
to a heart made of steal.
As time has passed, I feel now
less than she still feels.

Jeremy D. Halstead  1/99

"Time is the matter, and in a matter of that all wounds will heal and all scars shall fade."

© Copyright 2000 Jeremy D. Halstead - All Rights Reserved
TearsOfPearls
since 1999-09-23
Posts 322
Vereeniging, South-Africa
1 posted 2000-06-24 07:54 AM

Excellent poem!! This is so beautiful...no one is perfect.

Love your poem!

Waves...amazing hey? Wind blowing over smoothe ocean water creates shear. The longer the wind blows, and the futher the fetch, the more energy gets transferred from the wind to the water. What started off as a breeze 1 000km away, ends up as a glass-faced barrel at some far off beach.

Lani_DarkOne
since 2000-05-28
Posts 152
UK
2 posted 2000-06-24 09:19 AM

Yeah...I really liked this...it's pretty ironic isn't it. People change, and life's like an unbalanced scale... never quite reaching total balance and perfection.
Great poem!

"Controlling my feelings for too long....
And forcing our darkest souls to unfold...
And pushing us into self-destruction...."
*~Muse*~

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

3 posted 2000-06-24 11:41 AM

This is a wonderful poem. It's amazing how quickly we see faults in others, and how hard it is to see the same faults in ourselves.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." -Oscar Wilde
"The robbed that smiles steals something from the thief" -Shakespea

Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
4 posted 2000-06-25 01:21 AM

great as always i love your work and am now trying to read them all. your a  good writer and so i say again keep it up so i have something to read as i slowly die.

I'm a dying romantic and when i can no longer write i can no longer live -Jeremiah Johnson-

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
5 posted 2000-06-25 10:45 PM

Jer~you know I love all your work!! I'm sorry that you felt this in your heart! But hey, no one's perfect! I guess we all have to fall before we can get back up right? Best of Luck!! Love Ya! Love Always~*~Jessica~*~

~*~Love is the product of our dicontentment with ourselves~*~
~*~SMILE! It makes your butt shine!~*~

Vball Chickie1624
since 2000-05-14
Posts 116
New York
6 posted 2000-06-25 10:56 PM

Hey!  I love this poem.  Actually, I love all your poems...I just wanted to tell you that.  You definately have a lot of talent and I hope that someday you get the recognition you deserve!!  Keep writing!!

Luv ya,
Danielle  

"Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do."

"The role of a writer is not to say what we can all say, but what we are unable to say."
- Anais Nin

"Follow your own heart, not others."

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
7 posted 2000-06-26 02:41 AM

well what can i say another beautiful poem written by you!!! but you know that nobody stays the same forever...of course you do...but life goes on...you may eventually find someone you love twice as much as you love this girl...good luck buddy!!!

~IF YOU WANT SOMETHING VERY BADLY~SET IT FREE~IF IT COMES BACK TO YOU~ITS YOURS FOREVER~IF IT DOESNT IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH~

CLBinLOVE
since 2000-06-04
Posts 147
Hilton Head, SC, USA
8 posted 2000-06-26 11:26 PM

yet another one of your great poems!
this is about makin a bet that ur girl wont stay tru and u ended up giving up b4 she did...right?
jus tryin to get behind the words
dontcha hate the guilt of that sorta thing?!?!
god its KILLS, well almost
anyway keep writing and ill keep reading!
CLB

always follow your heart, never follow others unless it is truely where you want to go, and never give up a dream, maybe just set it aside for a while... :)

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
9 posted 2000-06-27 06:54 AM

Beautiful flow and rhythm in this wonderful poem Jeremy.  I enjoyed your message here. It's all too true in life for many ... fearing the worst, almost a self-fulfilling prophecy in reverse    Nicely penned!

Best wishes,
/Kit

Jacman
since 2000-06-27
Posts 291
Dwight Il, US
10 posted 2000-06-27 07:54 PM

Hey Jeremy, I found you.  As usual I love this poem.  Its great to know that the author of whom I just read, is the friend that I will greet once again today.  Talk to you later.
Crystalina123
since 2000-01-31
Posts 228

11 posted 2000-06-28 10:35 AM

Jeremy --
Kind of ironic isn't it? It's amazing how we fear that others will hurt us but it turns out that we hurt them instead. It's good though that you can put your thoughts into words. I'm working on a new poem but am temporarily suffering from writers block . . .so much to say yet I can't find the words to say it.

Love,
Crystal

Maybe God has us meet a few wrong people so that when we meet the right one we can truly appreciate the gift.

Tara
since 2000-02-21
Posts 76
Minnesota
12 posted 2000-06-29 12:31 PM

I really liked this poem.  The same sort of thing happened to me.  I like how it flows and the way it rhymes.  Keep up the good work.  Tara
Angel
since 1999-07-02
Posts 551
Pennsylvania
13 posted 2000-06-29 11:46 PM

This one was really good. Definitely belongs in our book  .

~Susie  

"If we could read the secret history of our enemies, we should find in each man's life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm all hostility."
~Henry W

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
14 posted 2007-11-19 08:09 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » What Happened?!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary