navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » I still remember --- GIRLS LIE TOO
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic I still remember --- GIRLS LIE TOO Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone

0 posted 2000-09-25 06:44 PM

I still remember the first day I spent without holding you in my arms
The morning light turned into dark, loneliness filled my empty heart
Though you admitted to me all the lies that you have said and done
I'll still love you as much. No, it isn't true that you are forever gone
I still remember the day you told me the truth, pls. tell me it isn't so
Everything is still lingering in my mind, I just can't seem to let it go
Though it hurts, I was willing to forgive and give us one more chance
Felt we were meant for each other right from the first time we danced
I still remember those sweet words you always whispered in my ear
It made me love you even more, I never thought I'd ever shed a tear
You reminded me of an angel for I knew then you were heaven sent
Would've held on tighter if I knew you were only a stolen moment
I stillremember the first time we met, I adored your beautiful eyes
it was just like being hypnoticed, immediately touched me deep inside
Why did it have to end this way, I can't believe how easy we fell apart
You are still the love of my life, You will always be part of my heart

© Copyright 2000 acire - All Rights Reserved
Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
1 posted 2000-09-25 07:00 PM

Acire~~~I dont know what to say about this...I think that you should move on...I know its hard cause you love the girl...But the pain that it is giving you isnt worth it...You will eventually find someone new...That you are gonna be happy with...And until that day comes I wish you the best...If you ever wanna talk you know the email!!!

It TaKeS a MiNuTe To LiKe SoMeOnE, aN hOuR tO hAvE a CrUsH oN sOmEoNe & A dAy To FaLl In LoVe, BuT iT tAkEs A lIfEtImE tO fOrGeT sOmEoNe.

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
2 posted 2000-09-25 07:09 PM

Acire, another wonderful one! I must say though, I have been telling you this for what seems like an eternity. Get over the girl. I know it isn't that easy...but make it that easy. She is not worth your time if she lies to you!! You don't deserve that, you deserve better. So pick your heart up off the floor and move on. Keep it up my friend.
Love Always ~*~Jess~*~

p.s. sometimes they do...but that's when you know that they don't deserve you!

~*~sMiLe! It MaKeS yOuR bUtT ShInE~*~

curlygurly
since 2000-09-12
Posts 276
USA
3 posted 2000-09-25 08:09 PM

That was the sweetest thing i've read from a guy to a girl in a long time! I only long for another boyfriend to hold me tightly and tell me that i'm beatiful(whether i choose to agree or not) and just love me! If she didn't want u back, especially if she's read the poem, she must not deserve you!
Curlz

"I've kissed the moon a million times, danced with angels in the sky"
Enrique Iglesias

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
4 posted 2000-09-26 05:53 PM

erin --- i try but i can't, you know that

jessica --- she is worth the time

curlygurly --- thanks for the kind words...but yes, she deserves the best that i could ever give her, probably even more

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

branden726
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-25
Posts 607
Bay City, MI
5 posted 2000-09-26 07:31 PM

Hey bud, Trust me shes not worth the time take it from me okay ive had some pretty bad realationships I had a girl cheat on me once i went back out with her and guess what....she played me for a fool! in the long run its not worth it but hey good poem
Allysa
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden
6 posted 2000-09-27 04:14 PM

Life doesn't seem any better for you than it does for me. so sad. Anyways, not all girls lie. Just remember that okay?? I'm not gonna say she isn't worth it, because she probably is to you. They've all been telling me that Justin isn't worth it, but he's worth it because he makes me feel better about myself. Ya know?? And (taking it that she cheated on you) just because someone cheats once, doesn't mean they'll do it again.

Don't wander throught this glassy surface, expecting to find more than me, because what I am without a purpose, but a lone mirage to see.

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
7 posted 2000-09-27 04:26 PM

Maybe I shouldn't reply to this right now... I'm so completely anti-guy... even with this sweet poem, I may say something harsh. So I'm going to try not to. Girls lie. Guys lie. Relationships are the biggest, most complete waste of time I've ever encountered. All we do is hurt one another, even when we have no intentions to do so. Love is never what it seems and only, possibly, 2 lucky people out of every hundred find a lasting relationship. Anyway, I can relate, at least a little, to your pain. Good writing.
Leave it alone, you don't need her in your life.
Jenn

"He's mastered the art, of looking sincere, his eyes have a way, of making you stay, don't look in the mirror"- Chely Wright

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
8 posted 2000-10-01 08:15 PM

Branden --- yes, i know what you mean, but it seems like i can't put that in my thick head.  

Allysa --- as i told Jess, yes, she is worth it and nobody can change my mind on that.

Jenn --- you don't have to hate all guys,  we are not all the same as all girls are not the same.  I'm glad no matter what your feelings are towards guys, you still liked it. thanks for that is a really good compliment

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

AngelShell
since 2000-03-01
Posts 446
not heaven nor hell so...
9 posted 2000-10-01 08:21 PM

Everyone lies and with those lies they enevitably hurt someone else...when it happens to you that doesn't make any difference...all you can think of is "why me" that's the most commonly thought question in the human brain....

But...the poem was great...I think this was my favourite line...

"Would've held on tighter if I knew you were only a stolen moment"

That seemed so perfect and it fit in so well...  
**life is an ice cream...the trick is not to get brain freeze**

**I didn't loose my mind it was mine to give away**
~Robbie Williams~

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
10 posted 2000-10-06 06:28 PM

thanks Angel --- thats my favorite line too

Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

11 posted 2000-10-06 08:43 PM

Wow acire that's one of the sweetest poems I've read from a guy.  Yeah my eyes are just a bit misty at the moment.  If I were the girl, I think I'd cry when I read that.  Did you show this to her?  Well...all I can tell you is I'm sorry your heart is broken, good luck
Bel

Beautiful is empty
Beautiful is free
Beautiful loves no one
Beautiful stripped me
-"Beautiful" CREED

Fearless_Angel
since 2000-10-03
Posts 57
Calgary, AB Canada
12 posted 2000-10-06 11:08 PM

Hey Acire:
    I'm  really sorry you had to go through this! I wish I could help, but I'm sure that things'll get better for ya! This was such a magnificent poem! It touched every place in my heart, even the painful places... (as you already know about from my poems) but yeah, I wish you the best of luck with her in the future! Keep writing for everyone okies?
                     Lotsa Love,
                             Angel

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
13 posted 2000-10-07 09:21 AM

I am aware that guys are not all the same... and neither are we... but it doesn't change the fact that I've encountered a lot of jerks, and I hate relationships, cause everyone gets hurt... all the time!! It's ludicrous. But don't get me wrong I don't HATE guys, I just detest the majority.  
Jenn

"He's mastered the art, of looking sincere, his eyes have a way, of making you stay, don't look in the mirror"- Chely Wright

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
14 posted 2000-10-07 01:30 PM

OK see I think Jenn has to realize that we are only teenagers. NOt many of us understand the concept of what love is and a healthy relationship contains. I think that this has to be a key factor into everybody getting "hurt". I also think that women/men fall into this false love and get into relationships too quickly without completely asessing the situation thoroughly. Now see, i can actually state this opinion without being a hypocrit. I have only had 1gf and it lasted a LONG LONG time.....2yrs.... and I do not want any other girl now. I'm telling you...... this "hurt" happens because we just do not understand that we cannot get with every guy/girl we think is cute/pretty. We don't understand that what you think is love is not always love. Being a teenagers, in most cases, is just this expiramental round of relations. So yea, i just hope you all get through it with the least amount of pain as possible.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

sweetstuff101
since 2000-07-27
Posts 375
OK, USA
15 posted 2000-10-07 06:26 PM

That made me wanna cry, I am seriously about to burst out in tears right now. Mainly b/c I know what you are going thru, and that it is not easy at all. Nicely done, great poem! Keep writing, I look forward to reading more from you.

Much Luv,
  ~*~sweetstuff~*~

~*~ YeStErDaY iS tHe PaSt, 2mOrRoW iS ThE fUtUrE, ToDaY iS a GiFt, ThAt'S wHy We CaLl iT ThE pReSeNt. ~*~

FitchGirl1896
since 2000-09-15
Posts 9

16 posted 2000-10-07 07:05 PM

Hey acire!
That was a good poem, I just want to let you know that it's not the end, even though it may feel like it. Try to take it day by day and I will pray for ya!
~*FitchGurl 1896*~

DancinQueen
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 1092
Kokomo,IN,USA
17 posted 2000-10-24 04:50 PM

hey babe   oooh how love is ruff sometimes, oh i mean EVERYtime. but if you think about the cold-hard facts...you weren't meant to be and that only means that someone better is somewhere down the road waiting for you to find her   best of luck

~!*Kiley*!~

"One fine day you'll look at me and know that love was meant to be"
~Carol King

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
18 posted 2000-10-24 05:04 PM

Hmmm...not quite sure why I didn't reply to this one.  I would say the other's have covered advice and this is from a while ago so i don't know how the situation is now.  The poem is very well done, it gets out your feelings so well.  

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » I still remember --- GIRLS LIE TOO

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary