navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Bedtime
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Bedtime Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico

0 posted 2000-09-24 12:47 PM

Bedtime:

Son, life isn't all playground fun I hope you know. Your daily life will change as you will. It's all a growing process. All your fairy tale wonder lands will come crashing down on you. Dr. Seuss was always trying to portray the flipside of existance and I'm hoping you will stick with him.
-Try to avoid the brainwashing effect of education. You never have time to learn about worthless topics.
-Always keep focus on your dreams because most often than not that's all you'll have.
-Beware reformers, they're only looking for a blind spot in gods rear view mirror, and you to follow them.
-It's you who makes the difference in your course of living, so remember to be strong at mind.
-Don't ever subdue to the level of worthlessness that a lot of kids have and will continue to do.
-Always believe your right, but have open mindness to admit you're wrong.
-Never leave anything unfinished. Why would you have started it in the first place?
-Always stay positive and happy with your life. I didn't give you life for you to decide to end it because of negativity.
You have to realize that it's all alot of work. One little detail can change everything. No matter what people say, your my son, and I love you. That's something nobody can take away. Not the drug dealers, mobsters, gang members, terrorist, or political leaders. They mean nothing to you and me. We have to look out for each others back. This society always seems to creep up on your blind side and knock you down so hard you have no strength to get up. Life is not long and boring, it's short and compelling. So what do you say?
"......dada?"
Hehehe you've always been so adorable. Well it's bed time. Sleep well, and remember it is you who will lead the masses of conformists to freedom.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

© Copyright 2000 Pepe de la Muerte - All Rights Reserved
curlygurly
since 2000-09-12
Posts 276
USA
1 posted 2000-09-25 07:55 PM

AWWWWW! that was sooooo sweet! when i was reading it i could just picture a man saying that to his son, how cute!

"I've kissed the moon a million times, danced with angels in the sky"
Enrique Iglesias

Child of the Stars
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-07
Posts 1658
Ann Arbor, MI
2 posted 2001-02-10 03:55 PM

Javi, this definitely is one of my favorite poems ever read. It's filled with tons of truth, and I really enjoyed it. I'm glad you posted this, and it deserves more recognition. Smile.
  ~Carly

"Insane people are always sure that they are fine. It is only the sane people who are willing to admit that they are crazy." (Nora Ephron)

**AANGELLE**
since 2000-06-21
Posts 45

3 posted 2001-02-13 09:32 PM

I havent been near this forum in months and yours is the first poem I've read. Whatever about the son taking his fathers advice, I know I will! Go You!!

**AANGELLE**

**AANGELLE**
since 2000-06-21
Posts 45

4 posted 2001-02-13 09:32 PM

I havent been near this forum in months and yours is the first poem I've read. Whatever about the son taking his fathers advice, I know I will! Go You!!

**AANGELLE**

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 posted 2001-03-05 02:29 PM

Well this poem is mostly about MY own father talking to me as a child. This convo never took place but it was written in the sense that....this is what I would have liked him to say to me.
I could've been warned....

So anyway.....thanks for reading.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

Paula Finn
Member Ascendant
since 2000-06-17
Posts 5546
missouri
6 posted 2001-06-02 03:34 PM

heheheheh nice lots of good advice...
Secret Whisper
since 2001-01-25
Posts 298
Through the Looking Glass
7 posted 2001-06-02 07:46 PM

WOW, I know this is a really old piece, but I loved it!!!

"We also know how cruel the truth often is, and we wonder whether delusion is not more consoling."- Henri Poincare (1854-1912)

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
8 posted 2001-06-10 01:57 AM

Thanks guys!!!  
anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
9 posted 2001-12-10 11:27 AM

Javier, you are amazing. A truly brilliant writer of our times. This piece kicks some serious ass.

"Always keep focus on your dreams because most often than not that's all you'll have."

How very true.

~AF~

"When I eat I feel. It is better if I don't feel, I am too afraid." - Ellen West

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
10 posted 2002-06-06 05:29 PM

man, the things people come up with when reading me. Liz, that's crap haha.....I'm just some dude who expresses.....much love though.

Allan Riverwood
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-01-04
Posts 3502
Winnipeg
11 posted 2002-06-06 10:51 PM

Wow!  This poem is amazing!
Kandi
since 2000-06-14
Posts 354
North of Hell
12 posted 2003-05-27 05:40 PM

Yeah so this reply is really late because I was just reading through the archives...so you may never read this but I have to say I loved this poem so very much. It really meant a lot to me. The beginning got me hooked right away and it held my attention the whole time.
Wouldn't it be nice if we all had someone to tell us these things at night?
Excellent job, as usual.
Kay

The day you were born, you were born free
That is your privilege.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Bedtime

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary