navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » If I Call
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic If I Call Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A

0 posted 2000-06-24 02:45 AM

If I Call

If I open the doors,
can you let me in?
Trust I won't intrude-
but the healing must begin.

If I broke them open-
communication's gates,
would you feel burdoned
by my presence or it's wieght?

If we never do this,
the sun will set for good
on the very love
by which or friendship stood.

If you speak of sunsets
or forgive my sudden fall-
I'll know what's in your heart
someday if I call.

Jeremy D. Halstead

"Time is the matter, and in a matter of that all wounds will heal and all scars shall fade."

© Copyright 2000 Jeremy D. Halstead - All Rights Reserved
Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
1 posted 2000-06-25 01:14 AM

this piece of your work is another great from you. so i just had to vote for it. well keep them coming.

I'm a dying romantic and when i can no longer write i can no longer live -Jeremiah Johnson-

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
2 posted 2000-06-25 07:38 AM

This is a good poem. I really liked the rhyme and images that you built up. I like the first verse quite alot. I could definatly use that at the moment.  

Good work.

~AF~

"Poetry is the language in which man explores his own amazement."
Christopher Fry

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
3 posted 2000-06-25 10:25 PM

Jer~ although you already read this poem to me, I'm glad that you posted it! It seems that people always have nice things to say about your poems! Keep up the good pelationship wit your words...and since I know what and who this one's about, I hope you're doing better now that you've gotten all that you needed to say off your chest! Besides, Kriseten seems like a great girl!! Love ya. Love Always~*~Jess~*~

~*~Love is the product of our dicontentment with ourselves~*~
~*~SMILE! It makes your butt shine!~*~

Vball Chickie1624
since 2000-05-14
Posts 116
New York
4 posted 2000-06-25 10:30 PM

Hi!  I love this poem.  It's very eexpressive and I understand it.  Keep writing!  

Luv ya,
Danielle  

"Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do."

"The role of a writer is not to say what we can all say, but what we are unable to say."
- Anais Nin

"Follow your own heart, not others."

CLBinLOVE
since 2000-06-04
Posts 147
Hilton Head, SC, USA
5 posted 2000-06-25 10:33 PM

i must say, this is yet ANOTHER good poem from you, although all ur poems have been good
this one is deep, i cant really tell waht its about but i can only guess *shrugs*
very good poem im jus too tired to actually say anithing that means anything about it
sorry
CLB

always follow your heart, never follow others unless it is truely where you want to go, and never give up a dream, maybe just set it aside for a while... :)

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
6 posted 2007-11-18 02:00 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » If I Call

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary