navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Not I
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Not I Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people

0 posted 2000-09-11 01:50 PM

Not showing life
Not seeing hope
Not conquering fear
Not going to cope

I fall to the floor
I search inside
I suffer endlessly
I try to hide

© Copyright 2000 Lakewalker - All Rights Reserved
Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
1 posted 2000-09-11 03:57 PM

Ok, I'll be the first to reply to my poem then   ..lol...   I just caught another meaning of my poem when I reread it...interesting.  I don't know if I've changed my view on one of my own poems before.  Neat.  Ok, anyway, um, bye
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 posted 2000-09-11 04:01 PM

I'll be the 1st person to comment on your poem that's not you. Anyway i thought the poem was great. I just hope you get ok and stuff. It's never ever good to be depressed, but who am I to talk about depression? I'm the worst of them all! haha.... anyway keep it up.....i liked the shortness of the poem. I love short poems.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
3 posted 2000-09-11 05:08 PM

Lakewalker~~~Its good to see you still posting...Havent seen you in awhile...Good work...I cant wait to see more!!!

Ok Dopey said that its not good to be depressed...But what can we do to not get depressed???I would really love to know...Cause then I would try it and maybe I would always be happy!!!

~*Each day is a treasure box from God, just waiting to be opened*~

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
4 posted 2000-09-12 07:49 AM

Dopey-Glad you liked it
ERIN-Thanks for reading my poems!  That's a good point, sometimes things just happen.

Allysa
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden
5 posted 2000-09-12 08:15 AM

Hmmmm. Short, but to the point, and it's true that sometimes things happen that are depressing and all that. My whole life right now is crashing, lucky me. Allysa

Don't wander throught this glassy surface, expecting to find more than me, because what I am without a purpose, but a lone mirage to see.

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
6 posted 2000-09-12 11:02 PM

Lis-thanks for the reply, sorry about all of your troubles.

Now I think I'll explain my first reply, if you don't mind.   If you do mind, stop reading this   Ok, anyway, at first I wrote this as a depression poem.  I guess that's obvious from your replies and I'm glad you picked up on it   But then when I read it after I posted it, I took a more literal approach to it.  
Like "Not showing life" would mean someone was dead. "Not seeing hope" means I know theyre dead for goodness sakes!  "I fall to the floor" means I'm in shock because they're dead.  Did anyone read the poem in the second way?  Just a thought on the differing interpretaions  (is that spelled all wrong?) of poems.  

Allan Riverwood
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-01-04
Posts 3502
Winnipeg
7 posted 2001-03-30 04:12 PM

I'll be the first person in ages to reply to this.  
Wonderful!  I think this is the best piece I have read of yours today.  I'm putting it into my library, for future reading.  
It was so short, but very powerful.  Your choice of words was excellent.  And the theme...
Oh and the title!  
Great job!
~Allan

Its rather handy being at the top of the food chain...you can sort things out and not get the blame for it.  ~~Elizabeth Johnson (anonymousfemale)

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Not I

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary