navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » To My Abuser
Dark Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic To My Abuser Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Musicmaker1969
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-06-25
Posts 589
Peterborough, Ontario Canada

0 posted 2000-07-04 03:09 PM

When I was young you bruised my soul
You took away my dreams
You took advantage of this child
And silenced my loud screams.

Youl ied, you hurt me, broke my trust
Not once, but many times
the secret that you made me share
Was then and now's a crime.

You got away, you must be pleased
I did not turn you in
You frozed me with the fear and pain
OF this, your silent sin.

But in the long run, I will win
I'll once again know peace
I won't forget the pain you caused
But blame and shame shall cease.

You're not at all the least concerned
But others really care
They'll help me past the shame and rage
That you forced me to bear.

____ _
| __\_\_o____/_|
<[___\_\_-----<----------<sheriliegh@sprint.ca><

© Copyright 2000 Sheri Liegh Adams - All Rights Reserved
catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
1 posted 2000-07-04 04:59 PM

This also, was beautifully arranged and expressed. And oh so sad.
Dark_kisses_Within
since 2000-03-21
Posts 680
Kansas
2 posted 2000-07-04 07:25 PM

Wow!! This one hit home for me.    I too was abused badly by my so called spouse.  I finally left him a few months ago, but the pain shall never die.  The eternal scars on my soul shall remain a burden to me forever, it seems.  Yet I climb out of bed daily.... with hopes of recovery.  Good luck my Friend.

Peace

Once there was a darkness
Deep and endless night
You gave me everything you had
Ahhhhhh you gave me light

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
3 posted 2000-07-04 07:33 PM

From Strength to strength hon.  Have a little revenge that doesn't hurt anyone, be the best you can be or better and show him and the world that you are better than all that 'rubbish' from the past!!!
Great stuff hon, now go and make the myths and legends!! *hugs*    < !signature-->

I'll tell you this...... No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.....
~Isis~
(Goddess - Sovereign of the Spirit)

[This message has been edited by Isis (edited 07-04-2000).]

Hardrock
since 2000-02-14
Posts 948
New Hampshire, USA
4 posted 2000-07-04 09:33 PM

I have a friend that suffered abuse when she was small....we talk, I listen, she cries, she feels better....then she leaves and I cry.  But she gets stronger every day...so it's worth it.  You will get stronger too.  I care.....Hardrock
Honeybee
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-26
Posts 5372
Ontario, CANADA
5 posted 2000-07-04 09:41 PM

I suffered from abuse when I was a child too, and this poem really explains my story. It is a void that can never be filled, but I have hope that the scars will at least fade.  I loved the ending, the best revenge isn't revenge at all, but by saying that you will find happiness soon, no longer to allow that person to control your pain.  Well written!  A bittersweet piece to read.

Take care,
Melissa Honeybee

The beauty of poetry gives me wings to fly

Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
6 posted 2000-07-05 02:52 PM

though i have never been abused i have been hurt and i know how that feels. though you were most likely hit, slaped and other things. i was stabed and cut. though they are different there kind of the same so i'm trying to understand what you went through. i really enjoyed this poem to a great extent. it gives of all a message. thanks for it and as i say this i think it goes for all of us. if you ever need anythings were all here for you. with hope Jeremaih

I'm a dying romantic and when i can no longer write i can no longer live -Jeremiah Johnson-

Musicmaker1969
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-06-25
Posts 589
Peterborough, Ontario Canada
7 posted 2003-04-25 10:14 PM

I just wanted to say thanks to you all for your encouraging words.  It is now 2003 and I am doing much better.  I can honestly say that I have some peace now.  These people may still haunt my dreams at night, but I refuse to dweel on it through the day - I turn to God for strength and peace now.

Jesus lives in my heart!
Sheri Welna
sheriliegh@reddens.ca

teenpoet
since 2001-10-17
Posts 280
Michigan
8 posted 2003-05-05 03:02 PM

I am glad that you have found a measure of peace.  the poem seems to be fairly heartbraking.  The worst part about any of it is that this sort of stuff happens so often and as is often is hidden from everyone.  It happened to my ma.  I remember, I still have nightmares about him once in a while.  I won't speak to him either.  Keep livin' and enjoy life.
rosepetals25
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-05-31
Posts 3076
PA
9 posted 2003-05-05 03:08 PM

I'm glad you are finding peace.  It is not easy to overcome. I still deal with my issues everyday.  Having a strong support system is the best thing you can ask for.  It will only get better.

Tara

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » To My Abuser

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary