navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » The Broken Man
Dark Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Broken Man Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
dragonpoe
since 2000-11-12
Posts 608
Palm Bay, Florida

0 posted 2000-12-16 09:23 AM

I met a man with a heart pure as gold
and tears that fell like rain
His voice was soft, delicate as he
tried to speak around his pain;

He lived in a world of hurt and lies
that broke his spirit, deflated pride.

We sat upon his front porch step
I listened as he spoke of regret
Hers was a love so genuine, or
he thought, and can not forget;

He loved her like no man ever could
and she shot him down, in cold blood.

His heart he laid upon her feet
and asked that she take it fair
She took his heart, indeed and
led him right into despair;

He lives, a man broken and cold
All because he can't let go.

With the word, I am mighty, with the pen I am free..
dragonpoe

© Copyright 2000 Joann Renee' Muszynski - All Rights Reserved
SwEeTnSeXy18
since 2000-09-18
Posts 247
nc
1 posted 2000-12-16 06:40 PM

dragonpoe:

This poem was awsome. I really could feel the mans pain. She sounds like she didn't have a clue. Now I've read one of your poems. Keep up the good work!   Take care.

~Lisa~

~in order to gain, you have to lose~

Suzanne Arlene
since 2000-10-09
Posts 377
Ontario, Canada
2 posted 2000-12-16 10:32 PM

Oh i liked that alot  It reminds me so much of a friend of mine. Great poem Enjoyed reading it Suzanne
Verve
since 1999-06-23
Posts 348
Singapore
3 posted 2000-12-17 12:56 PM

I think most people have a problwm with letting go ... itz simply so hard to once your heart is lost ...
You wrote well ... I liked this one a lot.
=)

~verve

Bee
since 2000-11-23
Posts 23
Ireland
4 posted 2000-12-17 08:11 AM

Dear D-poe,
unable of letting go are we all, when someone really touches us inside. You feel you are deeply connected to that person and that life just doesn't make sense without them.
But it does......
What is important is your own capacity to love and not to through that away to someone, who doesn't appreciate you and your loving gift for whatever reason.
To realize, that the only person who can really make you happy and who should always be honest is yourself involves a soulsearching process.And one of building up selfesteme.
It takes time to reach that conclusion but once you have, you can stop crying (or this man in your poem could).
It gives way to a new dimension, where you question,WHY have I put up with all the disappointement of that relationship for so long (and made excuses for the other person's hurtful actions all the time!).
And:WHAT or WHO am I loosing?
To treasure yourself as a unique, imperfect, special being gives way for someone who really loves you and wants to be with you against all odds.
THAT is real love.

Thanks you for writing another meaningful poem that evokes so many associations in me.

Bee.x

dragonpoe
since 2000-11-12
Posts 608
Palm Bay, Florida
5 posted 2000-12-17 09:34 AM

Thanks all.
Letting go is very hard, indeed. This poem was meant to show the destructive side of not letting go, how by our own weaknesses and refusals/denials, we can entrap ourselves in a prison which keeps up broken, unable to move on.

With the word, I am mighty, with the pen I am free..
dragonpoe

firecrakker
since 2000-10-20
Posts 235
Virginia
6 posted 2000-12-18 03:27 PM

Dragonpoe,
You've done a great job expressing the point that you wanted to get across. If you can explain HOW to let it go... please let me know!   I really enjoy your work!!

Sheila

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » The Broken Man

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary