navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Another day passes.....
Dark Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Another day passes..... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kevin Rose
since 2000-11-20
Posts 64
Liverpool UK

0 posted 2000-11-30 12:29 PM

Awakens full of anticipation,
Along with a little trepidation.
Waiting for excitement in the mail.
Disappointing vigil for no avail.

Working quietly through the day,
Eager to put the mundane away;
For the evening will surely bring some joy.
Not for this one lonely boy

Night closes in, the daylight ends.
Still no sign of any friends.
So he drinks to himself at home,
A downhearted toast made on his own

An opportunity for celebration
Turned into silent contemplation.
The occasion of this one special day
Passes unnoticed in every way.

This was inspired by my rather uneventful birthday yesterday (which I am confining to history).  I hasten to add it wasnt quite as bad as this piece portrays, but the sentiments were the same.  If it hadnt been for the posts on this board then it might have been though!

© Copyright 2000 Kevin Rose - All Rights Reserved
firecrakker
since 2000-10-20
Posts 235
Virginia
1 posted 2000-11-30 12:36 PM

Kevin!!! Happy Belated Birthday! This kind of thing breaks my heart! Although it wasn't as bad as you've written, it's still a depressing thought. I hope that, perhaps, today will make up for it! Oh, and by the way, I enjoyed your poem!    

Sheila

Dark_kisses_Within
since 2000-03-21
Posts 680
Kansas
2 posted 2000-11-30 01:08 PM

I also want to add... Happy Belated Birthday!  Very good write here.  Sorry it was under not so good times.  But at least you made it through the lonely night.  
Peace to you
DkW

No person is worth your tears, and the only one that is ...... will never make you cry

Kevin Rose
since 2000-11-20
Posts 64
Liverpool UK
3 posted 2000-11-30 01:17 PM

Thankyou for the belated birthday wishes.

Sometimes it takes a less than perfect situation to inspire me to write good pieces.  It seems that I am only writing if I am in love or unhappy.  I know I will be writing for the right one of these reasons soon enough.

If from the dispair of a day comes a good piece of writing then the day was not wasted.  The poem written meant the day was productive.

Kevin

Verve
since 1999-06-23
Posts 348
Singapore
4 posted 2000-11-30 01:35 PM

Hey kevin ...

This is one feeling i can definitely relate to ... in fact, i juz spent my 21st b-day rather uneventfully too.
U wrote well ... Keep it up!

~verve

Hardrock
since 2000-02-14
Posts 948
New Hampshire, USA
5 posted 2000-12-01 03:45 PM

Kevin...boy, don't I know from whence you speak?  I have had so many of those days...not only b'days, but others as well.  At least you have a good attitude about it.  Nothing is so bad that it can't serve some purpose...even if it is only a good example of a bad day.  Well put!!  Hardrock
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
6 posted 2000-12-02 05:58 PM

A belated happy Birthday from me too!!  It is sad when your special day goes virtually unnoticed.  It does seem to more and more as the years go by.  I have been let down on b'days and Christmas too.
But like said above you have and must always make the best out of it.  No matter what there is always something to be grateful for in life.  I'm glad you saw that and moved on.
More power to you hon..
Isis

*I believe every time you put your words to paper, you change. Each feeling is set free, and you may follow.....*
~Isis~~Sovereign of the Spirit.

taramw
since 2000-06-08
Posts 738

7 posted 2000-12-03 08:17 AM

Hey... a belated happy birthday Kevin   !!  I like this piece    Take care.

~ Tara ~

"A poem should not mean, but be" - Archibald MacLeish

Suzanne Arlene
since 2000-10-09
Posts 377
Ontario, Canada
8 posted 2000-12-03 08:30 AM

Funny you can write something and look at it and say  "it wasn't that bad "  but it comes out in your poetry so strong. I enjoyed your poem alot.Welcome and Happy Birthday. Better late then never   Suzanne
Scarlet Lady
since 2000-02-11
Posts 242
Midwest
9 posted 2000-12-03 08:02 PM

Kevin....I had to catch my breath as I finished reading this.  You know sometimes you read a poem and you just know it is not merely a "good work" to you, but rather a connection with the writer!  Well you have captured a lot of people's lonliness and search to end it, including mine.    You put raw emotions down on paper so well.  Thank you....I was touched by it.  Happy Birthday by the way, even if it is belated!  
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Another day passes.....

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary