navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Walls Closing In.......A plea!
Dark Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Walls Closing In.......A plea! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Scarlet Lady
since 2000-02-11
Posts 242
Midwest

0 posted 2000-11-21 04:48 PM

Have you ever felt the walls closing in....and did not know how to stop them?  I have felt that way many times in the last 2 years, but today was one of my worst.  I feel left void?  So here is all I could muster......

Walls closing in
nothing left to say
I tried to write today
I wrote the usual pain
it glared back at me
I knew it was no use

I COULD NOT CHANGE ONE THING

by the words on the page
I am hopelessly  desolate
turned to mere stone
words mean nothing now
so my writing is all in vain
while I am  THIS  way

INSANE WITH THIS SENSELESS PAIN!

[This message has been edited by Illusion (edited 11-21-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Lynne - All Rights Reserved
fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

1 posted 2000-11-21 05:55 PM

Yes, I have felt that way.  Usually because I am a procrastinator, lol, so I let things just fall toward me and overwhealm me.  But on a more serious note, I have, indeed had this problem many times, especially in my inner conflict between spirituality and science/rational thought.  

I admire how you write down your feelings in verse, instead of letting them bundle up inside until you explode.  

We are the hollow men
We are the stuffed men
Leaning together
Headpiece filled with straw. Alas!

--T.S. Eliot

EagleOne
Member Elite
since 2000-03-07
Posts 2829
Between a laugh and a tear...
2 posted 2000-11-22 01:55 AM

It's a terrile feeling when those walls are closing in, overwhelming you! It can be hard to escape the feeling but for me writing certainly helps. Take care!

"The heart and soul have no illusion of boundries when friendship is the quest"
~ My Angel.

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
3 posted 2000-11-22 04:45 PM

Hey, this is one sad piece of heartfelt emotion. So sorry you are stuck in that awful place. I do understand and feel it often myself. Please remember you are never alone, not 100%, as long as we all hang together in the bad times.
Keep writing, no matter what comes out. I swear it helps me,even when the poems I write are such that only a friend could love.
Besides, this was a great poem.  
Sandra  

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
4 posted 2000-11-22 04:49 PM

Yes I have and it didn't change until I accepted my fate and was willing to see the truth about myself.  Kindof like God trying to tell us we are in the wrong place...our destiny is elsewhere...our happiness will come when we let go and change...just my experience....James
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
5 posted 2000-11-22 08:00 PM

I'm with James on this one.  Hon, I know how you feel but you have to analyse fix the faults and improve the gifts you have, and make a conscious effort to better your life and world.  It starts with a big decision, then little steps one at a time.  And with faith and love to guide you it can only improve..
But I do know how you feel and you described it wonderfully so any reader would understand, feel your pain and feel sympathetic.  Good work..
Isis

*I believe every time you put your words to paper, you change. Each feeling is set free, and you may follow.....*
~Isis~~Sovereign of the Spirit.

Scarlet Lady
since 2000-02-11
Posts 242
Midwest
6 posted 2000-11-25 01:03 PM

First of all let me say I am sorry for the long delay in replying.  I came down with the dreaded flu.....man I hate that stuff.  I still can't seem to stay upright for more than an hour.  Anyway.....all of you encouraged me so.  

I felt as if you all gave me some direction.  I have always seemed to find direction without too much trouble.  But these last 2 years have been so dark, I sometimes have not a clue as to where I am going.

fractal007......Boy, you are sooooo right about it being a spiritual battle!  Thanks for reminding me of that.

EagleOne....I take my hat off to you.  Your poetry always shows me so much of your heart and leaves me with many pondering thoughts.

catalinamoon....Sandra you are so kind and compassionate.  Passions is so lucky to have a person like you.  Thanks for being there, and reminding me others are there for me too!

jmlee12345.....James.....whew, your reply hit me square between the eyes!  Something I really already "know", but somehow truly have forgotten or maybe have been ignoring!
I think I stepped away from reality for a bit, because I chose too.  I needed to hear your reply!

And last but NEVER least!!  And of course.....the one with a whollop!  hehe....

Isis.......are you trying to kill me?? hehe......You know I always thought I wanted to hear the truth, but somehow I did get caught in an illusion.  I guess I have been royally coping out!  Not like me.....but I gave up somewhere along the lines.  Now it is time to pull myself up and I seem to stumble so much.   Pray for my strength and whatever else I need to make it through.  

Thanks again  for your responses!  I truly appreciate them....and I needed them.  

Hardrock
since 2000-02-14
Posts 948
New Hampshire, USA
7 posted 2000-11-25 01:12 PM

Illusion....I too have felt the walls close in.  But being the optimist that I am, I see it as finally having something to touch, if not to hang onto.  See, what I hate worse is feeling like I'm totally adrift in the wind, with nothing concrete, nothing solid....just being blown along in the maelstrom of my emotions.  Very nicely done.  Hardrock
G. A. Webb
since 2000-01-21
Posts 441
Stanton, California, USA
8 posted 2000-11-25 02:21 PM

Hi Lynne,

First of all, I'm sorry you haven't heard from me in a while. I work all day on a computer and when I get home that's the last place I want to be. Just know that I haven't forgotten about you, I've just been lagging on my e-mails.

Anyways, enough of that. I know exactly what it's like to feel the walls closing in on you. I've felt that way for a little over 2 years now. I feel for you because I feel it too. Hugs to you. Take care Lynne.  

G

Regret not that which you have done,
Rather that which you haven't

JOY 14
since 1999-09-22
Posts 1419
Wisconsin USA
9 posted 2000-11-26 11:14 AM

Big Hugs! It looks like you need them. I hope you feel better soon, Lynne.

Joy

Scarlet Lady
since 2000-02-11
Posts 242
Midwest
10 posted 2000-11-26 12:00 PM

Hardrock....I agree about hating the feeling of "drifting"....but gezzzzzzzz this slamming me against the wall is a bit much!!     Actually I know things happen for a reason and they prove to make us stronger, I just want it to be OVER!!  Thanks for your kind words.

G. A. Webb......Yes, you and I seem to be kindred spirits, with similar bum experiences in relationships, etc. No sweat on the emails, passions is a nice place to see where others lives are at.  Take care and hope your walls will give you some breathing space soon!

JOY 14......thanks Joy....your a real sweetie and I needed those hugs!  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Walls Closing In.......A plea!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary