navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » My Shade Plant Life
Dark Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic My Shade Plant Life Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Songbird
Member Elite
since 1999-12-15
Posts 2184
Missouri

0 posted 2000-10-06 12:20 PM

I walk a path so trod, no grass grows upon its path. On this shaded path, I wander aimlessly amongst shades of green. An occasional flower along the path I greet. In the cool mist of the morning, dew lingers falling fresh upon my face.  
     Where is the sunshine that all living creatures crave? How and why do these shade plants thrive?  A little bit of sunshine beamed down through forest glade, nutrients for living piped through roots that grow deeper, as perils of a less than perfect enviroment theaten their existence.                                                                                                   Master gardener, my keeper, tend me with the chlorophyll of your love and I will thrive even beneath the heels of that which wants to defeat me.

© Copyright 2000 Marcia Estep - All Rights Reserved
ilph
since 2000-07-28
Posts 78

1 posted 2000-10-10 05:59 AM

i once wrote a poem about a similar master gardener.

youve done it really well. i can feel this one.

ilph.

kynder
since 2000-04-11
Posts 537
Tallahassee, Florida
2 posted 2000-11-08 08:54 PM

very very interesting poem!!!  such a fresh outlook at life and how we make it thru.  i really enjoyed this.  

kynder

"Full is not heavy as
empty, not nearly, my love,
not nearly...."

Fiona Apple

Ron K. Fox
since 2000-10-24
Posts 925

3 posted 2000-11-08 09:06 PM

I can relate to this as I work in a greenhouse tending thousands of plants...the shade plants are unique in their own...absorbing the faintest of light to survive...yet some can bloom as beautiful as any flower...with the right tender care...so you do need the right gardener to tend them. I hope your quest ends soon. And this shows that even in the darkest shade there is hope, life, beauty and love.loved this poem. Ron< !signature-->

Tossing words like wishful coins into the deep well of an open heart. R. fox

[This message has been edited by Ron K. Fox (edited 11-08-2000).]

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 posted 2000-11-09 10:09 PM

This was a wonderful piece. Plants, a form of life a lot of people take for granted. Especially our youth....just rip them off their stems and such for the fun of it all.
ugh i hate it!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » My Shade Plant Life

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary