navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » No More Pain
Dark Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic No More Pain Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Broken_Heart
since 2000-07-24
Posts 57
Netherlands

0 posted 2000-07-25 06:06 AM

No More Pain

Why is their pain in my heart?
I only wish for happiness
Neither love nor joy is in my live
To end it I think of now
Sorrow and Sadness consume
My pitiful live without remorse
Perhaps death will help
So I will feel
No more Pain…

I walk among the living
Yet I am dead inside
Feeling desolated and alone
The pain is my only companion
My Rage ravages on
Inside my broken and torn heart
I wish to die slowly
And never I wish to live
Death will make me feel
Alive again
And there will be forever
No More Pain

< !signature-->

[This message has been edited by Broken_Heart (edited 07-25-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Jean Phillippe Wijnholds - All Rights Reserved
Professor Gloom
Member Elite
since 2000-07-23
Posts 3082
of Depression
1 posted 2000-07-25 07:00 AM

You express emotion well,
perhaps a little more structure to the poem
would focus it even finer.

Gloom

Deborah1
since 2000-06-22
Posts 653
New Hampshire
2 posted 2000-07-25 07:52 AM

If this is about you, I care that you are feeling so much pain, and there are so many reasons to stay alive!! There is light at the end of the tunnel, I promise, Im glad your here at the family of DP to share in your emotions, everyone here cares Im sure. Your emotions very well expressed in this poem!

The fragrance always stays in the hand that gives the rose...--Hada Bejar

Dark_kisses_Within
since 2000-03-21
Posts 680
Kansas
3 posted 2000-07-25 03:25 PM

Yeah I have total sympathy for you here.  Cause I know the feeling too well.  Walking around the living yet feel dead inside.  Boy oh boy do I know that feeling!  But each day I take a step forward, as should you.  Great poem btw.

Take care and remember to keep taking that deep breathe,
DkW

Once there was a darkness
Deep and endless night
You gave me everything you had
Ahhhhhh you gave me light

JSage
since 2000-08-25
Posts 91
Nashua, NH USA
4 posted 2000-08-29 01:45 PM

Please, please, please, listen to me.  I have been there and am still there although less than I was initially.  In hard times, the times that make you feel that life is full of teases, the times that make you feel that you will always feel this way and nothing will ever change.. in all those times of endless tears... there are breaks, and good WILL come out of bad.  I guarantee.  You have a talant that is not worth throwing away ever.  You were given the ability to write as a therepy as a salvation and as a gift to others who can read, appreciate and relate.  You are bigger than anything you encounter.  I don't mean to sound like some sort of preacher... but I saw myself in what I just read.. and you need to know that I am here now, because I let myself see what there is within me, outside of hurt.. I think you need to do the same.  I have 2 poems I think you should read.  Both can be found on my homepage (listed in my profile) "Pain" and "The Wheel"  The first one you will relate to and I will assure you I felt it 100% when I wrote it.. and then mere days later... came a little hope and acceptance expressed in "The Wheel"  Please check them out.

Sorry about all that seriousness....you have an incredible talant and can't wait to read more from you.

-Jes

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
5 posted 2000-08-29 02:04 PM

Sometimes the pain seems overwhelming in our lives especially if we are going thru stressful events such as a divorce, a death in our family or of a friend.  There is hope that life will get better down the road.  We need to look past the pain for the opportunities.  I am posting "Someone who cares" in op 9 to encourage a friend that also seems to be stuck in pain...Hope you can find something to bring a smile to your face...life is not all pain......take care..James
Broken
since 2000-03-12
Posts 271
The woods
6 posted 2000-11-08 12:45 PM

This is very very sad, and maybe that's why I can relate to it so well and like it so much. Loved the end..

I wish to die slowly
And never I wish to live
Death will make me feel
Alive again
And there will be forever
No More Pain

Take care
~Broken~

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
7 posted 2000-11-08 04:53 PM

This was so sad......I relate to this poem completely. Sad to say that death is the last scapegoat to immense depression and suffering. Hopefully none of us will take it ever.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » No More Pain

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary