navwin » Archives » Voices on the Web » Silence
Voices on the Web
Post A Reply Post New Topic Silence Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Geoffrey Sonnen
since 2000-07-05
Posts 142
Reading, PA USA

0 posted 2000-07-08 07:29 AM

Along dusty lanes dappled with mid-summer splender
   among climatis curling furtively in climb
The air is thick with fragrance of the morning
   and Silence stretches out the length of time
In shadows deep that beckon one to slumber
   On hills that rise from fields of tossing gold
The air is filled with breezes that will whisper
   the quiet that does still till day is old

Perhaps some laden clouds will spill their treasure
   and breezes escalate to tepid tempest fly
The air will break between the hailing deluge
   till Silence once more kisses rain goodbye
Dust will dry again to rising billows
   Climatis drinks till drops are hard to find
But air will carry moisture it remembers
   and Silence once more stretches length of time

© Copyright 2000 Geoffrey Sonnen - All Rights Reserved
Dark Angel
Member Patricius
since 1999-08-04
Posts 10095

1 posted 2000-07-08 07:41 AM

WOW Geoffrey, this is fantastic!! Wonderful imagery  
and Welcome!!

Yes, I am here, but I am dead, not alive,
my body goes on, my spirit has died
and I though alive, feel dead inside.

"Rose Petal"

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
2 posted 2000-07-08 09:18 AM

Geoffrey~
Welcome to Passion's family.
This is a lovely entrance you have made.

'But air will carry moisture it remembers
and Silence once more stretches length of time.'

Lovely
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

doreen peri
Member Elite
since 1999-05-25
Posts 3812
Virginia
3 posted 2000-07-08 11:54 AM

You found us!!!!

I'm so glad you stopped in and posted this here. It is wonderfully written and flows so beautfully... great imagery... a superior piece of work!

And I guess you know that I'll vote to have this in this book since I encouraged you to come here and post it.

Welcome to Passions! Looking forward to reading more and more of you.... stop by and post in Open Forum... you should get a good reception there, without a doubt!

doreen

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
4 posted 2000-07-08 02:50 PM

Beautiful Geoffrey!  Truly wonderful imagery in this lovely verse! I hope to read more from you ... Welcome to Passions!  

Best wishes,
/Kit

Geoffrey Sonnen
since 2000-07-05
Posts 142
Reading, PA USA
5 posted 2000-07-08 07:58 PM

Thank you all for such a nice welcome ! It's nice to share "Expressions-of the Heart" and to find others with whom you can share your passions with and be appreciated when usually all my various writings go unnoticed and stay "locked" away in a very full bag of very full tablets. I do have to confess the fact that my stay here will be unfortunately extremely short due to circumstances in my life that came about through a devastating break-up that I've been going through for the last 10 months. I don't know...I suppose we "Artistic Types" tend to perhaps be too sensitive. I've been blown away. Without going into morbid details, I am simply losing the last of my home July the 11th and I don't know where whatever existing "horizon" that is left will take me. I also confess that I have been using a friend's computer ( I've never owned one ) and for the last month or so have gone through a "crash course" in usage and experimentation during my personal "crash". It's nice to know that there are truly caring and genuine people out "there", and I do want to say that though my "Life" journey has eroded, my limited journey here that led me to you may be short, but it certainly has been "sweet". I will try to share what I can until then. Thank you so very much.    
Dark Angel
Member Patricius
since 1999-08-04
Posts 10095

6 posted 2000-07-10 07:50 PM

your lifes journey led you to passions for a reason Geoffrey, it will be very sad to see you leave us   Why don't you hang around so that you may find out why.
I know I'm curious  

I DO look forward to reading the masterpieces of your life. Keep writing and I'll keep reading *hugs*
Maree

Jamie
Member Elite
since 2000-06-26
Posts 3168
Blue Heaven
7 posted 2000-07-10 09:47 PM

Very good poetry here..
Geoffey-- you may not be aware that most public libraries have computers that are online...(most have T1 or better connections)
Look forward to more from you

Jamie

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito. - Virgil.
"Yield thou not to adversity, but press on the more bravely".

Geoffrey Sonnen
since 2000-07-05
Posts 142
Reading, PA USA
8 posted 2000-07-11 12:35 PM

Thank you Jamie and Maree. It chokes me up the things you say to me. I know that you are both very strong in caring and your words seem so much more than just words. You know, in a very real way I wish that you along with Doreen ( what happened to her lately ?) could just be here in person. It ...I don't know.. would just be nice to talk face to face, and not just because we share a common "Passion". You know, it's funny, in a very real way I feel that it's BECAUSE of my passion, the depth of my passion that I'm in this netherworld of pain. Well. anyway, I just give you my sincere gratitude it does help a bit thinking that the world may not be as cruel as I so strongly feel it is. My distrust has gotten very deep.
Geoffrey  

Sudhir Iyer
Member Ascendant
since 2000-04-26
Posts 6943
Mumbai, India : now in Belgium
9 posted 2000-07-11 07:22 AM

Geoffery,
This is a brilliant piece of poetry...
Truly Magnificent...

As far as personal life goes, all I can offer is a few words of solace... and a small advice...
Patience will win back what you have lost, and one day you will be back where you belong - at your dream place, your cherished location, with all pieces of life intact... You have to believe in yourself, and Good will happen... Just don't lose Hope...

Take Care,
Many regards,
Sudhir

Geoffrey Sonnen
since 2000-07-05
Posts 142
Reading, PA USA
10 posted 2000-07-12 01:13 PM

Thank you, Sudhir. If you only knew the comfort of your words. Hope is something I have little of, but what you had said truly eased me a good bit. Thank you for caring.

Geoffrey

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Voices on the Web » Silence

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary