navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #6 » Please Read My Poems
Open Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic Please Read My Poems Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
thebeautybrat
since 2000-03-30
Posts 114
Florida

0 posted 2000-04-01 06:50 PM

Please read my poems
This I beg of you.
I want to know some opinions,
This is all you have to do.
You read the poems I have wrote,
Then select post reply.
No one right now is doing this
And I keep wondering why?
Some of you already know but,
I've got some poems,
I hope you will please read them,
One's called "My Home"
I look at other people's poems
And post my replies,
Now please give that back to me,
And don't tell me lies.
Thank You.

© Copyright 2000 Leave it at (not telling) - All Rights Reserved
Elizabeth
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 1999-06-07
Posts 6871
Minnesota
1 posted 2000-04-01 06:53 PM

Well Miss BeautyBrat, you can rest assured that I will be reading yours!

Elizabeth

"He have his goodness now. God forbid I take it from him!"
-The Crucible

Witch's Brat
since 1999-09-17
Posts 100

2 posted 2000-04-01 07:04 PM

Me too--and don't worry, it just takes a while for people to get to know you. Then you'll get tons of replies. Look at Elizabeth--she's been here forever and she STILL can't get anyone to read her stuff! Be glad you're not her! Soon you will have plenty who will read your poems.

J/K you Elizabeth.  

WB

I am a disturbed person, and I write about disturbed people. ~Tennessee Williams

Elizabeth
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 1999-06-07
Posts 6871
Minnesota
3 posted 2000-04-01 07:06 PM

Don't listen to that witch's brat! She doesn't know what she is talking about. *sticking out tongue*  

But it does take time--not to worry though! Jsut keep your work coming! I'd love to see what you have.

Elizabeth

"He have his goodness now. God forbid I take it from him!"
-The Crucible

Roniece Dawson-Bruce
Member Ascendant
since 2000-01-29
Posts 5689
Sydney, Australia
4 posted 2000-04-01 07:08 PM

I think you will shine here at Passions Miss Beauty - time will tell - remember to smile and let your heart tell the stories - you will do well I'm sure!     Roniece  
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
5 posted 2000-04-01 07:26 PM

Beautybrat,

It's wonderful to have new young poets joining us at Passions - Welcome aboard...
Don't get too concerned about people commenting on your work - You've only posted three other poems and this poetic request so far - and you've commented on just a few others.  You've already got several responses on each one, I think you're doing quite nicely at getting feedback.  My suggestion to you if you want to be noticed more, is simply to make lots of comments on other people's work.  

Also, you might want to make a visit to the "Teen" forum.  You'll find lots of other kids there who are very anxious to share their thoughts with you...

Again, welcome to Passions....

Elizabeth Santos
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-11-08
Posts 9269
Pennsylvania
6 posted 2000-04-01 07:34 PM

Your poems deserve to be read as much as anybody's. And I, for one am guilty of reading those poets first with whom I'm familiar. This is not really fair. The reason is that I can no longer keep up with the number of posts.I am not a fast reader. Then there are times I read and don't respond, simply because I experience times when my fingers don't work very fast. Other times they do. And I often miss poems that I intentionally want to read, but they slip past and then I miss them. I am certainly not purposely overlooking your poetry. I'm sure that I have missed a lot of wonderful poetry by not reading everybody's work. Today, for instance there were several posts by Christopher. I read everything he writes because he is exceptional, and I learn from reading. But I just read two of them so that I could read other poets. Nobody read my poems when I first came to Passions, except Denise and Marge. But as you make friends, the responses come. I saw your title "my home" and it was on my mental list of poems to read. I love the title and I will read it.
Thank you for bringing up this subject. I know it is frustrating. I felt the same way at one time, and there were much fewer posts then. Keep writing.
Liz

Butterflies_dont_cry
Member Elite
since 2000-03-06
Posts 3733
Michigan
7 posted 2000-04-01 08:29 PM

Thank you for the reminder, I'm on my way to post today  

thebeautybrat
since 2000-03-30
Posts 114
Florida
8 posted 2000-04-01 08:30 PM

Thanks all of you for your loving comments. I wanted evryone to read my poems because i love poetry and when people comment my poems they give me ideas of what to write next. That's why i wanted everyone to read my poems so bad. Thanks everyone for reading!! i have a new idea!! ***LOVE***
Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
9 posted 2000-04-01 10:13 PM

Well said!!  Searching as we speak....and we'll do!!

Friends are friend forever if the Lord's the Lord of them and a friend will not say never cause the welcome will not end.
--Michael W. Smith

thebeautybrat
since 2000-03-30
Posts 114
Florida
10 posted 2000-04-02 12:53 PM

KEWL!!!!!
songwater
since 2000-04-02
Posts 32
Marietta,Ga.
11 posted 2000-04-02 11:56 AM

beautybrat you communicate very well.
thebeautybrat
since 2000-03-30
Posts 114
Florida
12 posted 2000-04-02 03:13 PM

~~~~PLEASE READ MY POEMS~~~~
***LOVE***

CherylLynnMckee
since 2000-03-28
Posts 215

13 posted 2000-04-02 03:41 PM

I did post on your poem...I know feedback is important..I also try and read and post on the poems with the least replys on them.But there's so many its hard to get threw them all.

hsystems
since 2000-03-28
Posts 319
Murray, UT, USA
14 posted 2000-04-02 04:32 PM

BeautyBrat, nice to have you here!  And, it's  wonderful that you have learned to express your feelings through poetry - I know it has literally saved my life, sometimes!  I read and commented on "My Home," which I truly enjoyed reading.
I also want to echo some of the previous comments...this is a very active forum, and sometimes great poetry gets "lost in the shuffle."  Lots of times I have found poems that I really enjoyed on page 3 or 4, when I didn't even get to see them while they were still on page 1.  I try to spend as much time  as I can in Passions, but I also have an online business to run...so sometimes I don't get to be here as much as I like.  But, I will keep an eye out for your poetry.  You have a very straightforward style and honesty  that comes through in your poems, and I look  forward to reading more!

Troy

Beautiful, Thought-Provoking Poetry
http://www.h-systems.net/p1.htm

thebeautybrat
since 2000-03-30
Posts 114
Florida
15 posted 2000-04-02 08:17 PM

anyone
have
any
ideas
for
a
new
poem
for
me
to
write??
tell
me
and
if
i
the
idea
i
will
write
a
poem
about
it
and
tell
you
who
gave
me
the
idea
ok??
thanks!!

thebeautybrat
since 2000-03-30
Posts 114
Florida
16 posted 2000-04-02 08:18 PM

anyone
have
any
ideas
for
a
new
poem
for
me
to
write??
tell
me
and
if
i
the
idea
i
will
write
a
poem
about
it
and
tell
you
who
gave
me
the
idea
ok??
thanks!!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #6 » Please Read My Poems

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary