navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #5 » Questionz
Open Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Questionz Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Vaneet Randhawa
since 2000-01-08
Posts 5
California

0 posted 2000-01-08 08:46 PM

Questions

I see your eyes gaze upon me
And I wonder of what it is that you see.
Am I lovely?  Or am I ugly?
As for me, if you must know,
I must confess, I love you so.
I look at you and what I see
Is a person that's treasured by me.
Your face so gentle, and eyes so pure;
The only problem is that love has no cure.
You're loved by all
So I can't love you
Because then I would know
That our love isn't true.

© Copyright 2000 Vaneet - All Rights Reserved
poetFemmeFatale
Member Elite
since 1999-07-25
Posts 2646
Arkansas
1 posted 2000-01-09 12:35 PM

This is short, but has alot of emotion in it - I too, have heard myself asking these same questions! This poem reminded me of someone I was truly obsessed with, but he thought of me as just a friend - - it was so frustrating to be so overwhelmed by his very presence, and wondering just what went through his head when he thought of me....LOL  He probably saw me as an obsessive stalker!  **sigh   Well, he's married now to a very beautiful young woman, and to this day, I still envy her!  I think it's very common to wonder how someone REALLY see's you....

Glad you shared this!  Welcome to Passion's - I hope to see more of your work!  I think you'll like it here!     Gives you a great opportunity to share your soul and thoughts.  Enjoy!

** I'm reaching for the brightest star I've ever seen - knock my ladder out from under me, and you'll wish you hadn't !! -pFF ** Here's to 2000!

CrazyChick
since 2000-01-05
Posts 132

2 posted 2000-01-09 12:41 PM

I think a lot of people ask themselves these questions....i have numerous times
well written,  Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #5 » Questionz

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary