navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #5 » A sad time.....
Open Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic A sad time..... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
The Jackal
since 1999-08-13
Posts 426
Springfield, Massachusetts U.S.A

0 posted 2000-01-05 11:50 PM

its a sad time
the world didnt end
but we all lost our mind
search upon your grave faces
for a little sympathy to call your own
ask yourself why
you believed the hype
then save your answers
and prayers
for the right to watch the ones you love
sit on their dreams and weep..

© Copyright 2000 John Dixon - All Rights Reserved
Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

1 posted 2000-01-06 12:36 PM

Jackal - I find this interesting. What precisely are you saying in this? Your poem has aroused my curiousity - why have we 'all lost our mind[s]'? Why do the ones we love 'sit on their dreams and weep'?

K

'...I want to be free - free to know people and their backgrounds - free to move to different parts of the world...' Sylvia Plath

bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

2 posted 2000-01-06 01:29 AM

Hi, Jackal. The last four lines were great poetry; the rest is a little message heavy. Not that that's a bad thing, but I remember when I was starting out with my writing, I had more heavy handed opinions than playful phrasing and love of words. Those last four lines show a lot of promise -- I wish I'd written them, darnit!   And the turn of millennium wasn't that bad. Well, unless you were in Los Angeles. What a lousy celebration for the supposed entertainment capital of the world!
whiskey
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 1999-12-28
Posts 1278
Australia
3 posted 2000-01-06 03:49 AM

What is this poem about ? The y2k ?
          " its a sad time
            the world didnt end "

I dont think its sad that the world didnt end I thank god that it didnt, I liked the poem but I dont really understand them two lines

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #5 » A sad time.....

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary