navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #5 » i said things just to impress her(please respondn its very important! thanks)
Open Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic i said things just to impress her(please respondn its very important! thanks) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
stephen j
since 2000-01-15
Posts 21

0 posted 2000-01-15 03:13 PM

I SAID THINGS JUST TO IMPRESS HER
                   BY STEPHEN J

i wanted to impress her,so i told little lies,
i never thought they would be any harm.

now i regret all of those,
all because.....

i said things just to impress her

© Copyright 2000 stephen j - All Rights Reserved
poetFemmeFatale
Member Elite
since 1999-07-25
Posts 2646
Arkansas
1 posted 2000-01-15 05:37 PM

Honesty is always the best policy.....that way, you're not wasting eachother's time, if you don't like the real "you", or the real "her"....Plus it hurts feelings when someone finds out they've been lied to.  Looks like you learned your lesson!  Thanks for sharing, and Welcome!  
Rus Bowden
since 2000-01-13
Posts 139

2 posted 2000-01-15 07:03 PM

hi stephen,

this is the fourth poem of yours i've read tonight.  to me, you have a way of catching a brief slice of life that echos after reading as it echos in experience.  i like it.

rus

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #5 » i said things just to impress her(please respondn its very important! thanks)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary