navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » My books-Marika, City Boy Stays Alive, Felix, and Sarfons
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic My books-Marika, City Boy Stays Alive, Felix, and Sarfons Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Robert E. Jordan
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-25
Posts 8541
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

0 posted 2010-01-20 12:25 PM

I've just discovered that my books "Marika", "City Boy Stays Alive", "Felix", and "Sarfons" are now avaliable in India at:
http://www.flipkart.com/robert-e-jordan/

I have spent a lot of time engineering in India.  It's one of my favorite places.

Bobby

© Copyright 2010 Robert E. Jordan - All Rights Reserved
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
1 posted 2010-01-20 12:41 PM

Hello Bobby, nice to see your smiling face!

Congratulations on being published worldwide!

I have read your "City boy stays alive" and it was very good.

Love,
Margherita

Robert E. Jordan
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-25
Posts 8541
2 posted 2010-01-20 01:30 PM

Thanks dear Margherita,

I'm very happy that you liked my book "City Boy Stays Alive".  It's my first book, and is about me.

I'm glad too that my books are readily available in India.  I have many good friends there.  India has the largest English speaking population on earth.  Of course they also speak other delightful language there also.

Love Bobby

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
3 posted 2010-01-20 01:41 PM

Bobby! What a surprise that must have been for you to discover! ~ and defifinitely a pleasant surprise for me to 'hear'!

Many kudos to you, Sir International author!

Love & a congratulatory hug! ~ No, make that FOUR congratulatory (((HUGS)))

Linda

Robert E. Jordan
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-25
Posts 8541
4 posted 2010-01-20 02:18 PM

Thanks dear Linda,

It's great having my stuff read in India.  Of course mention of "Bones" first appeared in "City Boy Stays Alive".

I'm hurt that no one in this forum reads about my friend Bones anymore.

When I collect "Bones" stuff in a book, I think he will be popular in India even though he's hated here at PIP.

BTW, I'm Robert E. Jordan, not Robert Jordan.  We are two different people.  "Jordan" is a very common name.

Love Bobby

[This message has been edited by Robert E. Jordan (01-20-2010 02:58 PM).]

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
5 posted 2010-01-20 06:16 PM

OK, I confess, sir. I read every Bones story an enjoy them all. It is a gritty, no-nonsense protrayal of life on the streets seen through the eyes of a young boy. It has a Raymond Chandler touch to it and that is no small compliment in my view. Unfortunately, I seldom respond which is my fault. Don't think Bones is not appreciated here because he is, even by degenerates like me who are not courteous enough to respond. It's not easy to write things so simply that can trigger thought and you appear to be a master at it.

I don't think Bones would give a damn about compliments, anyway.

Robert E. Jordan
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-25
Posts 8541
6 posted 2010-01-20 07:28 PM

Thanks Balladeer,

I am very glad that you enjoy the “Bones” series.  As far as liking compliments, “vanity, thy name is Bones”.

I will check out some Raymond Chandler books.  I have never read his work.

Bobby

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
7 posted 2010-01-21 02:16 AM

Chandler was one of the original "hard-boiled detective" novelists, along with Mickey Spillane and Daschell Hammet. Many of his books were turned into movies, like The Big Sleep (with Humphrey Bogart, Farewell My Lovely, and The Long Goodbye. Philip Marlowe was his detective. He wrote in a gritty, no-nonsense, to the point style. He  was an alcoholic who suffered from clinical depression which, no doubt, contributed to his style of writing. His characters were always down on their luck....sorta like Bones.
Robert E. Jordan
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-25
Posts 8541
8 posted 2010-01-22 10:40 AM

Thanks Balladeer,

I remember seeing some of those movies on the TV, but I never noticed the credits part.  Thanks for the information on Raymond Chandler.  I wonder where he got the inspiration for his detective type characters.

Bobby

Honeybunch
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-29
Posts 7115
South Africa
9 posted 2010-01-24 01:14 PM

Congratulations, Bobby!  My books are just for my coffee table so it's wonderful that you have ... spread your wings!  

Bones is a very interesting character so I hope he isn't thinking of relocating.

Helen

Robert E. Jordan
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-25
Posts 8541
10 posted 2010-01-25 10:43 AM

Thanks dear Honeybunch,

No, Bones will stay right where he is.  He would neve leave his beloved Philadelphia.

Love Bobby

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » My books-Marika, City Boy Stays Alive, Felix, and Sarfons

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary